Concern about Free to Play

Although I have yet to get into beta this game looks amazing. That being said, and I am sure it has been mentioned before, why is it free to play?

Don't get me wrong the idea of not having to shell out cash for yet another awsome game coming soon is great but lets face it nothing in life is free. How will they maintain servers, provide support, and keep this train rolling?

I am not trying to put ideas in GGG's brain but I think I speak for a lot of people who have taken interest in this game that we are willing to pay to help fuel this great game. Just a question, flamers need not apply!

(Just look at Grim Dawn. They already have people preordering the game before the alpha BEFORE the beta is released!)
Using search would help you alot.

This has been asked and answered alot but here we go. Micro transactions. Cosmetic stuff mostly nothing to do with game performance (from what we hear).

I think there is also an option for people to pay to form their own Leagues.

http://www.pathofexile.com/leagues/
Quick answer:
you will be able to buy stuff that does not give you an ingame advantage, for example dyes, armors skins, spell animations, additional stash pages, leagues with your own rulesets, etcetera...
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
In my opinion this kind of Free to Play is best way ever. As it's same as in League of Legends, where you can buy stuff that won't affect gameplay (skins, experience boosts[for profile levels], IP boosts).

People will buy it just to be different than other persons, so GGG will still get quite nice money from it. As I said, I think, it's the best way.
First rule: "I'm always right."
Second rule: "If you think, I'm not right, take a look on First rule."
"
DzejBeee wrote:
experience boosts [...]

This is considered buying an advantage as well and will not be available in the PoE store.
"
dust7 wrote:
"
DzejBeee wrote:
experience boosts [...]

This is considered buying an advantage as well and will not be available in the PoE store.

Yer, but guy was speaking of LoL store and in LoL it doesnt give you any ingame advantage.
"
dust7 wrote:
"
DzejBeee wrote:
experience boosts [...]

Yea I know, I just said it as example and I've also said, that it's profile levels which doesnt affect gameplay. (in LoL of course)
First rule: "I'm always right."
Second rule: "If you think, I'm not right, take a look on First rule."
Oh alright. I did never play LoL, I just assumed you meant regular levels.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info