the lack of people before .93

"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
If people give up on the game simply because a beta patch is being delayed (for improvements), they probably aren't cut out to be beta testing video games. This is a test phase, not a demo.

I was a simple demographic statement, people give up when they are bored or frustrated. A strong beta community will help the launch be it far away.

I also believe most people in all beta tests view it as a early demo.

I'm willing to pop in a few different games and wait for the .93 changes to hit beta.

I'm still curious as to how it is effecting the server though.
0 Pre-Beta Posts
Inactivity =/= Indifference

Core i7 quad 2.3
8gb ddr3
2gb ati 5650HD
1280x720
The lack of people as i see it, is that GGG stated on the 10th october (think that's the date from the top if my head) that there will be a character wipe, they should have waited with this information to keep people busy in the current 092g patch, as the 093 patch is taking longer than expected.
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
If people give up on the game simply because a beta patch is being delayed (for improvements), they probably aren't cut out to be beta testing video games. This is a test phase, not a demo.

What a bizarre conclusion.

We've been told for more than a month now that 9.3 is going to be vastly different from 9.2 mechanics-wise. At this point, treating 9.2 as anything but a demo that you can play for fun is a waste of both our and GGG's time.
Bizarre conclusion?

WhiteBoy is 100% right. There is still content in 092g to be tested that won't change much in 093.

This is a beta test and it will never be a demo. Demo of let's say Diablo II contains few areas of ACT 1 and few items and few everything.

PoE Beta gives you almost everything at your disposal what devs currently made for you to test out.

When people realize they should be testing stuff and giving feedback when they can (if it has not been posted yet) and not PLAYING FOR REAL then you will realize what Beta means.

So, it absolutely does not matter that 093 will change the game dramatically. MANY things will remain the same and 093 will not be the completely new game.

Test and do feedback. That is why you got the Beta invite.
Of course you can play and enjoy it without searching for bugs all the time, but primary focus should be trying to find problems.

People left because of wipe announcement or for some other reasons. Mainly because they ran out of content to play and can't be arsed to run around searching for game problems and helping the game be better.

Last edited by argie on Oct 26, 2011, 4:29:58 AM
"
argie wrote:

WhiteBoy is 100% right. There is still content in 092g to be tested that won't change much in 093.

name something that can be testet and has not been reported/discussed and is not changed with 0.9.3! If there are so many thing it should be easy for you to tell us.

And Chris said:
"
Chris wrote:
"
Wijis wrote:
Thanks for the update! Any chance you guys could speed up the beta timer and allow those of us that want to test things out a chance? :)

Our intention is to do this once 0.9.3 is out - so that we get feedback on the new version rather than the one that contains stuff that we fixed several months ago :)

Apparently a lot of issues from 0.9.2 are fixed with 0.9.3.
For the most part, 0.9.3 fixes balance issues. Any bugs you can find while playing are still important to find - some have been fixed for 0.9.3, but there's certainly more out there.
Well, I was given a beta key to give to a friend, so gave it to my girlfriend. The next day they informed us they were wiping toons in a week or two, so we decided not to even bother till after 9.3.

I provide gameplay/mechanics feedback more than bug hunting, but that is still valid beta work.

I'm glad they warned us about the wipe, I've got a lot of my plate these days and would have been a little annoyed had I gotten her to play it with me in our limited game time and then been deleted without warning.
"
Zaanus wrote:
Well, I was given a beta key to give to a friend, so gave it to my girlfriend. The next day they informed us they were wiping toons in a week or two, so we decided not to even bother till after 9.3.

I provide gameplay/mechanics feedback more than bug hunting, but that is still valid beta work.

I'm glad they warned us about the wipe, I've got a lot of my plate these days and would have been a little annoyed had I gotten her to play it with me in our limited game time and then been deleted without warning.

Actually there may be more wipes after .93 as well.

We are BETA TESTING this game, means there will be char wipes now and then, the purpose of Closed Beta is to test the game as much as possible and in return give GGG the FEEDBACK. Thats how the process should work :) (and as You said "valid beta work" should look like)

Being a Beta Tester is not building Your char for future play in OBT and Final with a headstart and I think everyone should know about it :)

To all Beta Testers: Consider playing and providing feedback to developers please, that's the best what we can do for them in order to return the favor of creating such a great product. Even though there will be a wipe after .93 comes to Beta phase, we still can provide valid feedback from .92, which may influence the future updates.

Smile, You're in Path of Exile !
Last edited by przebisty on Oct 29, 2011, 5:42:25 AM
If ppl stop playing because there will be a wipe they are wrong in any kind of beta.
And those should not start with .93 as that chars will be wiped later on too.

If there is nothing to test bug-wise - maybe just stresstest the engine.
Summon 60 or 80 minions and play in a group bug the ai of those minions with pure numbers or whatever ...

Get different multi projectile-builds in a group and try how the game handles all effects.
(There is a problem at least with multi fireball builds if they are far away and come closer to the rest of the group while keep firing and killing in that direction. A kind of "timewarp" happens - looks like the motion prediction going nuts. But up to now we can´t reproduce this effect every time.)
cya Deathtiny
level fast, die young and leave a nice looking corpse!
Tinyshideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3260135
"
Jurge wrote:
The lack of people as i see it, is that GGG stated on the 10th october (think that's the date from the top if my head) that there will be a character wipe, they should have waited with this information to keep people busy in the current 092g patch, as the 093 patch is taking longer than expected.

I'm glad they did tell us though. Good communication is key to an online game's success, GGG have shown us that they're willing to be honest with us about the good and the bad, and that's something to be applauded.

Far too many game companies fail to communicate properly with their community, and it suffers as a result.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info