[1.3] [Video] Sea of Flames Burning Discharge | fast clear | Budget | High hp

Nice build. Cheap and effective.

1. You should add a rough leveling tree.
2. You can use the unique boots that grant you one extra curse which will save you a couple of skill points.

With mom, aa, ec, flasks etc the monsters that shoot spikes are not a problem at all. Just keep your distance a bit. Discharge has a huge range with proliferation.
"
Wallwalker22 wrote:

New tree I came up with.

3 more points used, haven't really compared stats, tell me what you think.

Why does the original build have Elemental Equilibrium? Isn't that skill only useful when we use all 3 or at least 2 elements?

I'm by no means a poe builder expert so i can't really tell you why but once i picked it up in the 1 week once mobs are burning and i spammed ball lightning on them they drop 10x as fast as normal. Great for bosses/hard rares.
"
Wallwalker22 wrote:

New tree I came up with.

3 more points used, haven't really compared stats, tell me what you think.

Why does the original build have Elemental Equilibrium? Isn't that skill only useful when we use all 3 or at least 2 elements?

Do not underestimate elemental equilibrium! One of the most underused passives in the game in my opinion.
What happen is when mobs get hit by ball lightning, which is lightning damage, they get -50% resists to fire and cold resistance. That plus the dual curse results in the massive negative resistances.
The best part of elemental equilibrium is that it affects rares and unique bosses just as much as white mobs, while curses have huge reduced effectiveness for rares and uniques.
Elemental equilibrium is basically the reason this build can 1 shot most of the bosses in the game.
"
kompaniet wrote:
Nice build. Cheap and effective.

1. You should add a rough leveling tree.
2. You can use the unique boots that grant you one extra curse which will save you a couple of skill points.

With mom, aa, ec, flasks etc the monsters that shoot spikes are not a problem at all. Just keep your distance a bit. Discharge has a huge range with proliferation.

1. Yea I'll probably add a leveling tree in the near future, you're not the first person asking for that.
2. I don't feel like they're worth it to be honest, since they have no life, low resists, no es, low movement speed and only armour which is kinda useless for us.
Since we're literally going past the whispers of doom cluster the 4 passives are more than worth it I think.
Updated for 1.3!
Hi there,
I ran a similar build a while back, but went for Searing Touch + nova for shock, it helped a lot. Also, Windscream boots for one additional curse.

Anyway, I had a problem back then, and I have the same problem now: the build isn't very viable for single targets and Dom runs. Do you have any suggestions? Flameblast does awesome burning dmg, but standing still to cast it is meh... Flame totems don't do enough dmg on merc, other than that, I tried with bear traps last time.

Now I'm not in merc just yet, but I'll try again... I'm curious to see how burning dmg will work this time around.
"
nightfixed wrote:
Hi there,
I ran a similar build a while back, but went for Searing Touch + nova for shock, it helped a lot. Also, Windscream boots for one additional curse.

Anyway, I had a problem back then, and I have the same problem now: the build isn't very viable for single targets and Dom runs. Do you have any suggestions? Flameblast does awesome burning dmg, but standing still to cast it is meh... Flame totems don't do enough dmg on merc, other than that, I tried with bear traps last time.

Now I'm not in merc just yet, but I'll try again... I'm curious to see how burning dmg will work this time around.

I have no problems with single target damage really, just use discharge.
What makes Discharge viable for single target is the dual cursing + elemental equilibrium. This makes the fire resistance even on uniques go negative which results in huge burns.
What even works better is getting some trash mobs around the boss and proliferate a burn from them to the boss (white mobs have lower fire res).
Using this method I've been able to 1 shot almost all bosses in the game, including 76+ map bosses.
1. Noticed that the skill tree doesn't go to Whispers of Doom, a mistake?
2. For single target(boss), how about Fire Trap + Cons. Effect + Fire Pen. ?
IGN: AnnieCecil
Last edited by yiaya001 on Dec 30, 2014, 11:09:27 AM
Fun build, but for my taste to slow in clearing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info