Season Nine, Event 42: 1 Hour Brutus Kill

Behold my Brutus-slaying gear!

SO glad i picked up that stone axe...

The 2 hander dropped from hillock, and it was pretty much my ticket to getting my placement, 3rd marauder. But the icing on the cake is what dropped AFTER I killed brutus...

Seriously, imagine if i had found that before brutus? The rng is real
For some reason the start of Act 1 up to Brutus is by far my worst problem in racing. If all the stars align I may kill Brutus in something like 20 minutes but far too often it's that 25-30 minutes like in this race. I mean 29 min to kill Brutus vs. 39 min to kill Merveil - something is seriously wrong with my performance on the early parts of Act 1.

Nothing too special.
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE̎̑͆̏
"
SatanJoe wrote:
"
janimauk wrote:
"
terrex wrote:
This is an interesting race but early on is so heavily influenced by rng / map layouts, this really is just another burst race that gives full credit and awards.. Wish it was a bit different, people will kill at level 7 easy in 10-12 minutes. I already killed in 12 with ranger(ms boots from start) though.

12min demi best demi #mansgottaeat #skills2paybills

you really just hashtagged? lol

#yesidid #hellyeah #indeed
"
ChanBalam wrote:
"
SunnyRay wrote:
"
ChanBalam wrote:
As a casual player who ranks about 5000 in the Rampage ladder, I like this kind of race. It gives me a shot at 3 or 4 points if I don't get too reckless.

It actually gives you 8 points if you don't rush at all.
How do you get to eight?

EDIT: Oh I see it now. Get to level 13 and kill Brutus for 8. that is a challenge I will try for.

And that is how you might want to do it. Many players kill Brutus as soon as they can reach him (sometimes at levels which seem impossibly low). In this race, so long as you leave yourself time to get to and kill Brutus, you can farm Upper Prison to 11th or 12th level, if you make sure to grab the WP on Lower Prison, first. Then, once you've cleared enough, quit to Character selection, log back in to town, and WP back to the Prison. Lather, rinse, repeat. that way, even if your confidence level isn't high, you can beef up before fighting the boss, finishing up either in Prisoner's gate, or back to Lower/Upper Prison via the earlier WP. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Got my 100th point. Not sure I can reach Rumi though :(
"What's do you what?" - Kira of the Maraketh
Thank you for hosting this fun race, GGG :)

Getting to level 13 will be tough for me since I tend to start slow. I find it hard to not to kill critters and keep moving to the higher levels for more points. I've been doing better. In the last race I ran straight to the mud flats and skipped everything before that I could.

EDIT: Ok this time I got to level 10 and Killed Brutus in 57+ minutes!! I did it all with molten shell as a dualist and nothing but blue gear.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
ChanBalam wrote:
Getting to level 13 will be tough for me since I tend to start slow. I find it hard to not to kill critters and keep moving to the higher levels for more points. I've been doing better. In the last race I ran straight to the mud flats and skipped everything before that I could.

EDIT: Ok this time I got to level 10 and Killed Brutus in 57+ minutes!! I did it all with molten shell as a dualist and nothing but blue gear.

Congratulations! It's cool that with this one, we get a chance to see how we improve over time. Hope for more of these ones.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info