Season Nine, Event 42: 1 Hour Brutus Kill

To see your points in the current season (and its prizes), go to this page.

You are also able to view your season and events history on your profile page, under the Seasons & Events section.

Standard rules for league events apply. Please click this link if this is your first race event.
A guide has been posted here which covers general aspects and strategies of racing.

A summary of Time based events:

Timed based events are new type of event introduced in Race Season 9, they are designed to create a new kind of competitive environment where players compete not by character experience, but by their capabilities to progress through the game and complete specific objectives, such as killing bosses.

The boss required to be defeated for this race is: Brutus, located in The Upper Prison.

• The time recorded is based from the beginning of the race, not when your character is created.
  • Characters will not appear on the ladder until they have completed the objective.
  • Characters are not required to have completed the time based objective in order to receive points for the other objectives, such as points awarded for reaching certain levels.
  • Characters who die after completing the objective, will still be counted for receiving reward points except for the level-specific prizes.
  • Points are awarded at the end of the race, do not delete your characters until they have been moved to the permanent leagues.

Boss Kill Prizes:

Each Player to kill Brutus in Normal difficulty will receive 3 Reward Points.

Top Prizes:

The overall top player by time will receive 3 Reward Points.

The top 20 players of each class by time will receive:
  • #1 player of each class: Demigod's Eye (Unique Golden Hoop) and 10 Reward Points.
  • #2 player of each class: 6 Reward Points.
  • #3 player of each class: 5 Reward Points.
  • #4 player of each class: 4 Reward Points.
  • #5 player of each class: 3 Reward Points.
  • #6-10 player of each class: 2 Reward Points.
  • #11-20 player of each class: 1 Reward Point.

Prizes for reaching specific levels and staying alive:
  • Level 13: 5 Reward Points.
  • Level 10-12: 4 Reward Points.
  • Level 7-9: 3 Reward Points.
  • Level 5-6: 1 Reward Point.

Quest Prizes:
The first player to complete each of these quests wins the prize listed.
  • Normal difficulty Medicine Chest (Tidal Island): 2 Reward Points.
  • Normal difficulty Deep Dweller (Flooded Depths): 2 Reward Points.

Full-clear Prizes:
The first player to kill all of the monsters in any of the following areas will receive:
  • Normal difficulty Fetid Pool: 2 Reward Points.

Random Prizes:
Reward points earned in this race grant tickets in a random draw for the following items:
  • Alternate Art Fencoil Unique Item (50 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Topaz Ring Item (30 available to be won)
This is an interesting race but early on is so heavily influenced by rng / map layouts, this really is just another burst race that gives full credit and awards.. Wish it was a bit different, people will kill at level 7 easy in 10-12 minutes. I already killed in 12 with ranger(ms boots from start) though.
"
terrex wrote:
This is an interesting race but early on is so heavily influenced by rng / map layouts, this really is just another burst race that gives full credit and awards.. Wish it was a bit different, people will kill at level 7 easy in 10-12 minutes. I already killed in 12 with ranger(ms boots from start) though.

12min demi best demi #mansgottaeat #skills2paybills
"
terrex wrote:

True, but it also provides those of us who aren't Demigod Award Winners time to do our thing, too, even if we have no chance of placing.

I like this format. It provides something for everybody. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
terrex wrote:

True, but it also provides those of us who aren't Demigod Award Winners time to do our thing, too, even if we have no chance of placing.

I like this format. It provides something for everybody. =^[.]^=

On a race like this, a lesser skilled player could easily get a better time just from luckier rng. Layouts or a lucky drop will play the biggest factor.
"
On a race like this, a lesser skilled player could easily get a better time just from luckier rng. Layouts or a lucky drop will play the biggest factor.

No... as a casual racer, even at my best pace, the leader is usually 50% higher level. So when i reach 10 they are already at 15. RNG will make a bigger difference for those who are at a similar skill level, but that has always been the case.
IGN: FemmeFatality
"
MrCardholder wrote:
"

No... as a casual racer, even at my best pace, the leader is usually 50% higher level. So when i reach 10 they are already at 15. RNG will make a bigger difference for those who are at a similar skill level, but that has always been the case.

..|.....|.........................................................................|
..^...^.........................................................................^
Terrex...Lesser Racer..................................................Casual like you

Bluntly put. The top racers "compete" in normal races. This is just whoever doesn't get lost or finds an amazing lvl 2 drop wins.
Last edited by ctcsback on Nov 2, 2014, 5:00:58 PM
As a casual player who ranks about 5000 in the Rampage ladder, I like this kind of race. It gives me a shot at 3 or 4 points if I don't get too reckless.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
ChanBalam wrote:
As a casual player who ranks about 5000 in the Rampage ladder, I like this kind of race. It gives me a shot at 3 or 4 points if I don't get too reckless.

It actually gives you 8 points if you don't rush at all.
"
terrex wrote:

And what's the issue with this?

Are the top racers bound and determined to completely squash the fun for 99.9% of the PoE player base? There's more than plenty for the toppers in PoE as it is.

As others said, for the great majority of players, no matter what dropped for them, competing at the top of the standings is still going to be an impossibility. Worry not.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info