I got a Shav's and I don't know what to do with it.

First of all: THIS IS NOT A "GG TO ME, I'M RICH NOW LOOK HOW COOL I AM" Thread. I need suggestion and advice on this topic. Let me explain:

I was leveling a RF Marauder on Rampage; currently lvl 80 (save your "omg n00b RF sucks go play a real build" please) because I wanted to make a build able to kill Atziri. I was there doing a Bog map less than an hour ago. Then the brownish Occulist Vestment dropped on the ground. "Another Infernal Mantle I'll vendor for alch shards" I thought. Then I passed the cursor over the name, wishing that the picture was different. It was different.

I picked the Shav quickly and portal out of the map like a monster could steal the item or something.
I was kinda shocked. "Is this even real?. But yeah, it was real. After relaxing a bit and sending a picture of the Shav to a friend of mine who also plays PoE, I communicated the drop on the global chats because that's the standard procedure when a gg item drops, of course. (I guess :P)

Then I thought: "Holy fck i have a Shav's, the f*ck I should do whit this?"

Now, my situation:

I'm not a rich player. I was saving for a Kaom's heart for my RF mara, got already 4 pure ex saved. . apart of like 10c, 10gmp, 7 fuses, no jewellers, a bunch of alts, alchs, chroms...
The best unique I got apart of the Shav's on this league is currently a Romira's banquet with decent rolls, so... aprox 1ex? more or less.

I really want to make a good use for this unique, but as far as I know, LL builds are really expensive and not only because the Shav's. I've seen builds using also Crown of Eyes, Atziri's acuity, the Loathe bane rare ambusher, the 6L on the Shav's is also expensive and kinda uncrafteable for me.

So your help comes into advising me: There are low life builds that can work without the rest of expensive unqiues and can do Atziri/uber/most high level maps? Or should I sell it as it is? (craft at least a 5L? how much should I ask for a unlinked Shav's if not?

TL;DR: Got a shav's but I'm too poor to buy other uber expensive stuff to make a uber character and pwn all. Make a build with it anyways or just sell it?

Thank you all for reading. And sorry for my English if I fcked the language too much
without reading it: if you don't know what do with it - sell it - buy something you know what to do with.
use man is easy to 5l now and there are many builds with low life,its a iten you can use with others chars
Ign: ThatManWithTheBow
Never sell a shavs. you can put trash self found parts around it and beat atziri because you can run 10 auras.

Just find a build you like and instead of T1 gear you can craft T3 of the same. You'll have to take Vaal pack if they run Acuities.

I would do shatter chuck
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1020597

It's ranged and uses no special uniques besides shaves and aucity. Again you can craft t3 gear of the same (or buy t2 gear really cheap) and for acuity you take vaal pack instead.

It's ranged safe playstyle and you still do 400-600K DPS.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Oct 24, 2014, 3:37:28 PM
First I'll make a low life mage... actually screw that.

I'll make some low life ES ranged build, probably daggers because they're awesome (just derp around ID'ing yellow daggers that are at least piety ilevel until you find something decently good) with pure ES, find out I have too little ES, rinse and repeat until I can make my own low life ST build.

Or you could YOLO and make a low life archer build. I don't know how that's going to work.

Just remember to get the 20% quality bloodrage.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1394759 - Suggestion for beginner tutorial.
You're a rich guy now, cause you just won the lottery.

Anyways, theres really two choices. Build around it or sell it. If you want to sell it though, you might want to research some of the other expensive items. I doubt a potential buyer will offer that many pure exalted orbs, they'll probably want to trade you their windripper and kaom's heart or whatever plus some cash.
Everyone's forgetting the 3rd option, give it away to someone!
"
Ishamz wrote:
Everyone's forgetting the 3rd option, give it away to someone!

That's only an option if you're stupid.

I'd personally build around it. You can easily make a very powerful build, ES based of course, by using it.
Was in the same situation, just sold it.
It's nice to finally be able to "go shopping".
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Ok, thank you for the feedback guys. First of all, I'm going to 6L it. That's going to take a while for me to save the currency to do it (all through Vorici, got no balls to gamble with it, sorry :c )

-Aim_deep : Took a look at the shatter chuck build. "It's ranged and uses no special uniques besides shaves and aucity" Well, the OP also says that 2x Void batteries are mandatory on the build :( There is a cheap version tho, but no low life (http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1080932) So I'll need something in between.

-You guys who told me to sell it: I won't be doing it anytime soon. I'll prefer to 6L it. If I'll be selling a Shav's, it has to be done right.
-You guys who told me to build around it: In the process of 6L it I'll be searching for builds to try it, gear to get and make a really nice character around it. Looking forward a LL spectral throw or crit caster like the shatter chuck. Maybe a LL version of rrtson Crit DoT Chin Sol build or something similar. Love that build in particular and planned to try it out eventually.

I'll keep it for now, thank you all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info