Kaom's heart build, with 2h perhaps?, suggestions ?

Hi ppl !

Can somebody plz post a mid-low wealth requirement build(s) revolving around Kaom's heart unique please ?

I'd really be grateful, tnx !

Thanks ppl for all your replies! I acquired this sword(random WHITE luck drop, and a few stacks of alternations + regal and BAM!)

(The two empty gem spots had increased attack speed lvl19 and 16/20 Weapon elemental damage,i moved them to my other char) and really wanted to mix it with Kaom's in which i've poured all my currency...

I wanted to go with cyclone, BUT the damage was really low(around 8k or so if I remember correctly and 6.7k hp or so), so was my AS and the synergy with Life gain on hit ... 70+ maps chew me and spit my bones by the time i get to the half of it... Might it be my low lvl?Dunno haven't been really active...

So is there ANY possibility of making a viable build with these 2 items?

If you get any ideas please post it in the comments, everything is appreciated! (Sorry for my broken english)

This was/is my lvl 72 cycloner 2h physical build with hatred and determination auras and haven't been playing PoE for some time:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwFLQthEPASvBRSFSAZLhv6IQIhVSXfJy8n7SpNLOks-zGeMgk1kjkOOuE9_D8nQXRHfkp9SshN41hjXz9gS2EhZU1noGwWbEZuaW6qcmxyqXTtdit2f3gNeWh673uMfNl-4ITZhO-HGYd2jM-QCpkrnlekGaSsplepbqlzrKqvorXyvJ-9gb6KvqfAD8EExtjSTdi92WHcPd0N4urjn-RR7w7yL_JF8lr2SPdN_Ev8xf4K_o8=
IGN : UnholyRampage
Last edited by ahbab99 on Oct 29, 2014, 4:49:58 PM
I mean realistically no, because Kaom's heart is expensive as hell, but assuming you already have one. You probably want to go with 2H build to make up for the lack of sockets on the chest, take lots of % life notes and roll with that.
There's nothing special about Kaom's in terms of build making. All it does is give you lots of life and a bit of fire damage.

The one thing it does that other armours don't is it lets you use any other gear without having to worry about low hp. You can run all crappy uniques with no extra life and still have a usable 3-4k health.
For Kaom's, you probably want a build that has a twohanded weapon or does not even need a 5-6 Link.

Righteous Fire, Searing bond - 4L is more than enough.
Any twohanded/bow build and some caster builds with staff - you can have another 5-6L.

Builds that are probably "out": most onehanded+shield or dualwield builds that want a bufffed up main attack.

You have to decide for yourself which road you want to take, and then you'll easily be able to adapt a common build.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Oct 25, 2014, 3:52:41 AM
The cheapest build you could do would be double searing bond totem as templar.

Get the fire + elemental damage nodes for damage and double curse.

Use searing bond in a sceptre with +1 gem/ +2 fire and empower + increased burning as support.

You dont need any 5l or any expensive unique on top of your Kaom's and if you want to change your build later to any other fire based build it will work without much re-spec since other then the totem nodes you are pretty much set for any other skill. When you have a great 5l or 6l staff and are bored of searing just spec out of totem and into + AoE or + spelldamage/castspeed and switch to the skill of your choice (flameblast, detonate dead, fireball...)

Last edited by Droggeltasse on Oct 25, 2014, 9:11:00 AM
You can also do a life caster build with some aoe spell if you use the rime gaze helm that has built in conc effect making it a 5l helm.
Thanks ppl for all your replies! I acquired this sword(random WHITE luck drop, and a few stacks of alternations + regal and BAM!)
(The two empty gem spots had increased attack speed lvl19 and 16/20 Weapon elemental damage,i moved them to my other char) and really wanted to mix it with Kaom's in which i've poured all my currency...

I wanted to go with cyclone, BUT the damage was really low(around 8k or so if I remember correctly and 6.7k hp or so), so was my AS and the synergy with Life gain on hit ... 70+ maps chew me and spit my bones by the time i get to the half of it... Might it be my low lvl?Dunno haven't been really active...

So is there ANY possibility of making a viable build with these 2 items?

If you get any ideas please post it in the comments, everything is appreciated! (Sorry for my broken english)

This was/is my lvl 72 cycloner 2h physical build with hatred and determination auras and haven't been playing PoE for some time:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwFLQthEPASvBRSFSAZLhv6IQIhVSXfJy8n7SpNLOks-zGeMgk1kjkOOuE9_D8nQXRHfkp9SshN41hjXz9gS2EhZU1noGwWbEZuaW6qcmxyqXTtdit2f3gNeWh673uMfNl-4ITZhO-HGYd2jM-QCpkrnlekGaSsplepbqlzrKqvorXyvJ-9gb6KvqfAD8EExtjSTdi92WHcPd0N4urjn-RR7w7yL_JF8lr2SPdN_Ev8xf4K_o8=
IGN : UnholyRampage
"
ahbab99 wrote:

No defense, not too much damage. This won't do the trick.

If you look at the new passive tree, you will find some big clusters for specific weapons.
They have been designed to be more powerful than normal clusters.

In the case of swords, it's far to the right, with the two notables "By the Blade" and "Slashing Comeback".
Grab that stuff, it's amazing.

For defense, you have several choices:
*Keep IC up all the time, manually casting both Enduring Cry (+Spell Echo) and IC (üinc duration).
*Stack up a ton of Armor, Endurance Charges and Granite Flasks
*Use Acrobatics, Phase Acrobatics, Vaal Grace

You don't need Resolute Technique.
It's not only a waste of points on swords, it's preventing you from occasionally doing more damage via crits. Or from doing serious damage if you focus on crit. ;)

Imho your tree is too "tight".
You grab everything in between Duelist and Marauder that looks good, but imho you spend way too many points there. I'd travel a bit further, and to do that, thin down the bottom left zone.

Last edited by Peterlerock on Oct 30, 2014, 3:34:11 AM
"
Peterlerock wrote:

It's not only a waste of points on swords, it's preventing you from occasionally doing more damage via crits. Or from doing serious damage if you focus on crit. ;)

On slow 2Hander, probably having just enough dex to fulfill gems requirements? Yea, right... Focusing on crit using 2H sword? Even better...
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
"
tmaciak wrote:
"
Peterlerock wrote:

On slow 2Hander, probably having just enough dex to fulfill gems requirements? Yea, right... Focusing on crit using 2H sword? Even better...

Crit twohanded sword build
As long as I outDpS (and probably even out-tank) every RT build out there, it can't be that bad.

There's so much accuracy on sword passives, with just one good (or two mediocre) flat accuracy affix somewhere on your gear, you'll have 90% chance to hit at level 90.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info