Master Farming Tips

I haven't seen any recent threads discussing master farming so I thought I should share my experiences throughout my journey to getting level 8 masters (about 230k to go on Vorici). For those wondering, my characters on Rampage are PainLaughTheEverHungry, Moonleech, and DoomFlameTheImmolator. I share a lot of masters so I hope you don't dismiss my advice.

Oh, Master farming is awful, but I found out I really enjoy speed clearing lower level maps.

What character to use?
Anything that has high movement speed and can clear quickly. You can use a leap slammer as well. Whirling blades is too annoying. I use a tornado shot character with the attack speed/movement nodes and evasion/movement speed nodes and Harrier. Get a good bow (>250 dps and crit). Get at least 100 rarity on your gear. Don't skip mobs. You find a lot of lower currency and may find good items (I found Kaom's Heart, Romira's Banquet, Alpha's Howl, Drillneck, and maybe some others).

My favorite place to farm outside of maps (use loading times of areas to find masters):

Upper Sceptre of God
I find this to be the best place to find masters outside of maps. It's more linear than archives/library and is a level 68 zone. In the Sceptre of God, find an instance where you only have to traverse one room to get to Upper Sceptre or get a second character and place a TP at the entrance to Upper Sceptre.

What a longer loading time means:
1. Rouge Exile, or
2. Corrupted area, or
3. Master, or
4. Combination of 1-3.

Almost all masters (Tora and Catarina sometimes spawn on first or third levels) will spawn on the 2nd level. Tora will sometimes spawn on the first or third levels. Tora's den will almost always appear on the second floor. Catarina's totem will spawn on second level. The master with the longest loading time is Elreon. I think Vorici has the second longest, but not too sure. Masters will mostly spawn in the center areas of the second level. Check corners on the second level as Vagan, Tora, and Vorici sometimes spawn there.

Where the quest pointer/master is pointing, What direction do I go?:
If the master or quest is pointing down, they will most likely be on the first level (if the quest marker remains pretty much static then the master will be on the first level)

If the master or quest is pointing up then they will be located on the third level.

Catarina missions are easy. Revive and speed towards the stairs. Revived monsters will follow when you move up or down a level.
Tora missions can be annoying to find. Check corners.
Vorici, easy easy easy. Lots of doors to lure the exile away. Make sure to clear mobs so you have an easy time luring away.

I only use my eyes to find masters, but my PC isn't the quickest so it's easy to see the difference in loading times. If you get into a dry spell, run some maps instead.

Good place to find corrupted zones too! They are always on second floor.

I tried archives and I didn't like it all. I found USoG to be simpler.

Maps:
If you have a good amount of currency or large map pool of >=72 run higher level linear maps such as Jungle Valley and Canyon. They aren't too large. It makes backtracking quicker(please make masters teleport close to where the mission was completed). Backtracking Gorge isn't fun.

For poor or cheap people (like me), you will be farming 66-71 maps(this is where I farmed). You can transmute + augment (don't use alterations unless you get temp chains then place in stash or reroll once). Remember clear until you find a master. Once you find a master complete and teleport out.
What maps to run:
66: Tropical Island, Dunes, Dried Lake. These are pretty good. No need to run the others.
67: All good other than Sewer.
68: Most of these are fine except Museum. Note: Vaal Pyramid masters will mostly spawn on second level with the exception of Tora she sometimes spawns on first floor.
69: Try to run only Shore and Promenade. You can run others, but they will take a little longer. Other ones are too large or too annoying. Say no to tunnel always and forever.
70: All are good except Villa too much backtracking, but you can run it.
71: All are fine to run. Temple takes the longest.

Sharing Masters:
Please share all your masters. Thanks!

Join 820. Beware! I found that players just don't share missions or don't run any maps. They just sit in town and wait to ctrl + v. Keep an eye out on chat and identify and remember those who share their masters. Post masters. Do not invite people based on how quickly they respond, but rather on how often they share their masters. If someone invites you to their master be sure to remember their name. They should get first priority when you invite others to your masters. I like to invite people with interesting names too.

I suggest making a unique or funny name. It makes it easier to remember. Don't make generic boring names. They are difficult to remember. Although, I tend to remember those that invite me often to their masters.

If you don't like getting spammed with copy and paste such as inv, inv plz, invite etc, Do: Elreon 68 type exactly: Beer. You could ask a question such as Tell me your favorite drink or you could ask them to link a piece of equipment.

Never ever ever put people on ignore unless they scam during your master rotations. Everyone should get a second chance.

All Tora, Vorici, or Catarina missions should be nearly completed before you invite others. Reduces failure rate of wild Vorici missions. Efficient and quick.

Vorici:

The only master to get their own little section.

This master's missions can be annoying in groups especially in daily groups. Always lure the exile away if you get keep all guards alive or chest. You can lure away at least one minion if you get keep at least one guard alive. The summoning witch is the most annoying for keep all guards alive. The leap slammer is the best.

Daily Rotations
Most people are followers. Start your own rotation if you don't see one. The following format is easiest to read for me: LFxM Master(s) x+ (x/6) x = number of people needed or master level, Master(s) is the master or masters you are looking to set up a rotation for. You should always post the order in the party description. Use the first part of their name. For example, if their name is AcadiaWater use Acadia, Moonleech use Moon, CupofWater use Cup etc. It makes the player easier to find in the current party tab. Do not start the master until all people are in the instance.

For Zana rotations, make it clear whether your group will be clearing maps (full clearing all, or 75+ etc) or rushing through maps.
----------------------------
There ya go. That's all I can think of. Discuss or post some tips too!
thx!
yeah upper cepter is pretty good without being super easy like archives , and you can run the masters on your way to a boss.

that being said i doubt ill get all 8 done by nov20, ill probably have all but vagan done though ... and i can live in standard with that.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Oct 28, 2014, 9:12:47 AM
thanks for the Sceptre of God idea...

best cudez
Who Are We? Where do we come from?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info