PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .
Xbox servers are restarting in:
Sony servers are restarting in:

character creation

how much choice will we get at creation time?
i realise we wont get close up facials or anything, but male/female, size, muscularity,skintone,hair?
proud member of clanDA
Last bumped on Jul 7, 2012, 1:25:05 PM
Well the sex is tied to your character class i know, not sure what kind of customization there will be though. You could look through the available videos and see if the characters look any different, they probably aren't using the same character for them all.
One of the challenges about developing an indie game is choosing what to spend art resources on.

All of those character details like skin tone or hair style would be covered with armour almost immediately, so we decided to invest the art resources in making more monsters and world areas.

There are plenty of customisation options already with the large variety of different items and effects the player can equip on their character.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Chris wrote:
One of the challenges about developing an indie game is choosing what to spend art resources on.

All of those character details like skin tone or hair style would be covered with armour almost immediately, so we decided to invest the art resources in making more monsters and world areas.

There are plenty of customisation options already with the large variety of different items and effects the player can equip on their character.

I was going to say something like this. I don't care about choosing my character's skin color when it's not gonna be visible. It would be better to be able to customize the armor and clothes, etc.
so i dont really have anything to add just that i agree with chris and sensecal. who cares what color my skin is when you will only see it at the character creation screen
Well i wouldn't say that its somewhat important. Besides the beauty of a online game is that is can be constantly patched. Take Team fortress 2 that game came out ages ago and still is being tweaked and changed. So its always something that can be added in later. It just seems like there more focused on the world looking good rather than character creation.
Yes good sir, I enjoy slaying mythical creatures.
"
Chris wrote:
we decided to invest the art resources in making more monsters and world areas.

Hi, that's great news; but in my opinion the hair style of your character skin tone, eyes colour, height and complexion is very important to care for your character; otherwise we'll play with Mr. or Mrs. Potato "and we'll be happy..!", this is not the Mass Effect 2 and if im not wrong we never gonna see the character's face in a conversation but have some reasonable degree of customization will be as great as that great decision of centering in the foes. Let's C ya
Punk's Not Dead = Semper Fi.
"
Wipman wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
we decided to invest the art resources in making more monsters and world areas.

Hi, that's great news; but in my opinion the hair style of your character skin tone, eyes colour, height and complexion is very important to care for your character; otherwise we'll play with Mr. or Mrs. Potato "and we'll be happy..!", this is not the Mass Effect 2 and if im not wrong we never gonna see the character's face in a conversation but have some reasonable degree of customization will be as great as that great decision of centering in the foes. Let's C ya

Hair - hidden by helmet
Skin - hidden by armour
Eyes - difficult to see through helmets

With items being so important in this game, customisable features that won't be easily visibile means less effort is being spent on monsters/cool items/cool item effects/new terrains and areas and that to me seems like misplaced effort on the artists if they're getting bogged down on character faces when they could be working on awesome content.
Hi, i use to wear a crest on my fantasy RPGs and unless the hellmet be really really good... i don't use any kind of helmet or head cover; same goes for the arms... i like to see skin, overall on the female characters, it serves very much to check the character's wounds and also to distinguish you from the other warrior like players, that use to go like a Merkava Mk IV or a damn Leopard 2A6 with slat armor, with full armor like a dwarf once they can. Let's C ya
Punk's Not Dead = Semper Fi.
"
Hair - hidden by helmet
Skin - hidden by armour
Eyes - difficult to see through helmets

Ya, but some people obviously care about this. I've seen a lot of people forgo the protection of a helmet cause it looks bad. So ya i would say its important. It will obviously be added in later because the developer noted they couldn't expend resources on it now. That is not to say it won't be a feature added later if the community is big enough.
Yes good sir, I enjoy slaying mythical creatures.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info