Beta Key Givaways to active loggers

maybe they shoud have a filter for people who are getting keys that last logged on in august or spetember.... its absoutely not fair at all people have keys rotting away because they never are logged on... i sat here for at least 3 hours and every time someones name came up i only saw one person that logged on in october..... rediculious!!!!
joined 11/25/11
"
troopertroup wrote:
maybe they shoud have a filter for people who are getting keys that last logged on in august or spetember.... its absoutely not fair at all people have keys rotting away because they never are logged on... i sat here for at least 3 hours and every time someones name came up i only saw one person that logged on in october..... rediculious!!!!

1) You dont have to be logged in to visit and read the forums.
2) Over 9000 of these threads already exist.
OVER 9000!!! Really, there are a lot of them, although they usually reside in the appropriately-named Beta Invite Discussion section.

GGG says most of the beta accounts are being used. We have no grounds to dispute that, especially by citing previous logins. People are notified via email when they get beta access, and most come back to play/test.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Last edited by WhiteBoy on Oct 19, 2011, 1:32:57 AM
"
Locks and keys are not made for honest fingers.

;)
Smile, You're in Path of Exile !
Last edited by przebisty on Oct 19, 2011, 5:31:24 AM
Anyway aren't the keys sent by email?
So it's not really necessary to log in.
yes yes no no
"
senaco wrote:
Anyway aren't the keys sent by email?
So it's not really necessary to log in.

No keys get sent... you simply get moved to the access group and allowed in via the timer. But for the OP I proposed something similar... would take you to be physically logged into the site and viewing a page (browsing) at least.

There's ways around it. But then there's always ways around these types of things.
Join the Veterans of War! See the thread in Off-topic for details.
I think the best solution would be to simply re-inject the accounts which are beta certified in the pool when they did not play for a month or so. Doing so, they could decrease the timer to allow more people in. Also, those who did not log in the game for a month should simply have their beta status removed.

We are here to test a product, if you don't test it anymore for a month well I am sorry, but you do not deserve the beta member title at all.

We're talking about a month here, which is huge.
http://mmoclash.com - Online Gaming Forum
Last edited by Kolmir on Oct 19, 2011, 8:33:13 AM
"
Kolmir wrote:
I think the best solution would be to simply re-inject the accounts which are beta certified in the pool when they did not play for a month or so. Doing so, they could decrease the timer to allow more people in. Also, those who did not log in the game for a month should simply have their beta status removed.

We are here to test a product, if you don't test it anymore for a month well I am sorry, but you do not deserve the beta member title at all.

YOU, Sir, have a valid point. +2
My business is to succeed, and I’m good at it. I create my Iliad by my actions, create it day by day."- Napoleon (1804), in a conversation with Pope Pius VII at Fontainebleau.
"
Muzicfreak77 wrote:
"
Kolmir wrote:

YOU, Sir, have a valid point. +2

+1,also I think someone else suggested this but nothing happened.Anyway,could be nice.They only add 1 person per 25 minutes probably because of server stress and stuff,but when even 1/4 doesn't play...
"
Kolmir wrote:

Adding those accounts back to the selection pool would lower your chances of being picked. Why would you want that? Even if they reduced the timer to compensate, you still wouldn't have a much better chance of being picked on any given day. It would be far more favorable to suggest that they just reduce the timer and leave all the "inactive" accounts where they are.

Anyway, searching for a solution implies that there's a problem that needs solving, but GGG hasn't said this is a problem. They are getting the number of active testers they want, so who has the right to say the system is broken? After all, we're here to test a product, like you said. GGG must be content with the amount of testing and feedback that beta members are providing, or they would simply invite more testers.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info