The Beta Effect

"
I don't see why anyone would wish they hadn't gotten in o.o; The game is great, very well made, and very fun. That being said... even if I hadn't gotten lucky and got in, I would have been happy patiently waiting until the game was out :)

The reason is because some games drastically change between beta and release. Someone could get into beta and LOVE it, then on release hate it for all the changes.

Other people would get into beta and hate the unfinished content, the lack of direction, and the bugs. The result would be losing interest and not coming back once it is released.
I try to be as respectful as I can to you, whether I agree with your opinions or not. I only ask that you grant me the same courtesy.
"
Taric wrote:
"
I don't see why anyone would wish they hadn't gotten in o.o; The game is great, very well made, and very fun. That being said... even if I hadn't gotten lucky and got in, I would have been happy patiently waiting until the game was out :)

The reason is because some games drastically change between beta and release. Someone could get into beta and LOVE it, then on release hate it for all the changes.

Other people would get into beta and hate the unfinished content, the lack of direction, and the bugs. The result would be losing interest and not coming back once it is released.

Yea that's true. As for me, I like seeing games change and being able to be there and witness it first hand :). (For good or bad) ^^
I am not a female, but I really wish I was. <3
"
"
Iycan wrote:
There are so many people who'd kill for a key (including me) but chances are most of us won't be playing until release. I for one have actually had a game completely ruined after getting into beta, so much that I never played when it was finally released. With all the begging, pleading and posting pointless threads all for a boost at their chances to play early I'd be interested to have a post-beta thread of how many people wish they HADN't gotten in and instead waited for release to enjoy the finished product.

**Loor-Hor 4 Life! heh heh

Like I've said before... I don't play these betas, I test them. I try to never think about enjoying or being disappointed about the game and do my "job".

Come release, if it was absolute crap then I guess I wont get it. But I usually still give it a shot regardless just to see what they do with it.

There is something about this game that has made me look at beta as more than a testing gig but I can't say why or when my mind went in this direction. I've looked at gaining a key as early playing time instead of doing a "job" as a tester. That I didn't realize this until this thread, or your post for that matter has me even more excited about the game.
#1 Loot-Hor
I think I'll keep playing it after closed beta. The game is only like half done, and they have only implemented like 30 skills right now (they want to get to 100). Since the game is always changing every patch, I think it will be a fresh enough experience to keep my interest.
This is why never bothered to join any closed beta up to now (and i've been a gamer for a LOOONG time, and i'm used to research/google new games a lot). But i feel this game is different, i know i'll have loads of fun with it.
Last edited by KurzedMetal on Oct 20, 2011, 11:01:22 AM
In beta I tend to focus on breaking the game using its mechanics.

Most games offer a few bug glitches that uses features that were not meant to be used that way. When a game goes live I normally just play for fun and enjoyment ^^
"
soulweaverx wrote:
In beta I tend to focus on breaking the game using its mechanics.

Well, that's the objective of the beta phase anyways. Finding bugs and report them.
Last edited by KurzedMetal on Oct 20, 2011, 11:08:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info