[Beyond] Devvvour's MoM SRS Build

Hey guys, would like to share my spin on the SRS builds going around. This is probably the most fun character I've ever played, so hope you enjoy it as well! :)

1.3.1 Build

Bandits - Oak - Kill - Kill

Gem links

Staff 6-link -- Summon Raging Spirit - Spell Echo - Multistrike - Melee Splash - Melee Physical Damage - Melee Damage On Full Life/Added Fire/Minion Damage/Increased Item Rarity/Empower(level 3+)

Our bread and butter. You want to have at least +2 minion helmet forthis, preferably +2 fire 5-link, ideally +2 fire/+1 all 6-link. On the 6-link you would ideally use level 3+ empower, I'm currently leveling my empower to level 3, so at the moment I'm using Melee Damage on Full Life, swapping it to Added Fire on a reflect map. Currently I'm experimenting with Increased Item Rarity on the 6th link for solo, swapping to Minion Damage in groups.

CWDT 4-link -- Cast When Damage Taken - Increased Duration - Enduring Cry - Immortal Call

This coupled with the duration nodes is amazing. At the moment I'm getting 5 second CWDT Immortal Calls with full charges, which makes the character pretty tanky.

Generosity Hatred 3-link - Hatred - Generosity - Reduced Mana

Gives a high damage boost to the SRS, pretty staple.

Utility 4-link - Flesh Offering - Vaal Haste - Increased Duration - Vaal Haste

These utiltiy spells boost the DPS and clear speed tremendously. 2 Vaal Hastes are nice in order to have minimum amount of downtime of it.

Aura 3-link - Clarity - Haste - Reduced Mana

Clarity for the Mana Regen, Haste I feel is very important for the SRS DPS, as it gives you cast speed AND it gives your minions attack speed AND movement speed(which makes them travel to mobs faster, ergo, increasing your DPS)

Debuff 3-link - Arc - Spell Totem - Faster Casting

I was using a curse on hit arc with ele weakness before, but then i tried this and totem turned out to be so nice for pre-casting for bosses(especially for stuff like Dominus when he's going into phase 2 for example, so that it applies EE as soon as he's targetable)/being dual purpose as a "decoy" instead of the Decoy Totem I used previously, so I decided to stick with this. Swap this 3-link to Lightning Warp and Reduced Duration for annoying maps like Shrine. Another option here would be to have Arc and Spell Totem in a 2-link, and use Elemental Weakness self-cast in the free slot, but I like being able to place my totem fast.

Now, that leaves us with 1 gem slot free, which, must be Arctic Armour for more damage mitigation.

Current Gear
Spoiler

Last edited by ColdCurve on Mar 27, 2015, 5:21:12 PM
Bump, this is my first guide, so looking for feedback. :)
Bump, tried some new stuff, some updates on gems!
Looks intresting. Your tree seems has enough dex to run haste, which is pain to gear for in other builds. Still, post your hp+mana stats please
I'm playing a very similar build in Rampage and my tree looks like your with a slight less emphasis on life ofc.

A couple of suggestions/feedbacks:

1) Make your link to passive tree clickable ;), it's a minor thing but it's easier for your readers and it takes 30secs

2) Are you sure about inner force? Can you sustain lvl 20 mobile AA with IF ?

3) Can you run reflect map / high aoe dmg situation w/o the 3% minion leech node?
"
Bildukas wrote:
Looks intresting. Your tree seems has enough dex to run haste, which is pain to gear for in other builds. Still, post your hp+mana stats please

Atm I've got 5.4k life, with about 750 mana left unreserved, which I find to be enough in most situations. I quite often play in a group and somebody usually has Discipline running, which brings me up to around 1.2k mana unreserved, which, obviously, is very nice. I could pick up a bit more mana with Dreamer instead of life if I felt the need, but, tbh, I don't really, at least at the moment.

"
Mrmorph wrote:
I'm playing a very similar build in Rampage and my tree looks like your with a slight less emphasis on life ofc.

A couple of suggestions/feedbacks:

1) Make your link to passive tree clickable ;), it's a minor thing but it's easier for your readers and it takes 30secs

2) Are you sure about inner force? Can you sustain lvl 20 mobile AA with IF ?

3) Can you run reflect map / high aoe dmg situation w/o the 3% minion leech node?

1) Done! :D

2) Yes, and yes, I can, at the moment I'm at 296 mana/s, with lvl 20 AA however, mobile I'm degening 277.9 mana/s, I'm a little bit worried about 21 AA, will probably have to get a bit more mana regen on gear for that one(It's 289.4 mana/s so I'm still regening, but I want to be able to regen a bit faster most likely). IF is just too good for this, buffs your Clarity, buffs your AA, buffs your Immortal Call, buffs your Haste and Vaal Haste on you, buffs shrine buffs, since I often play in a group, buffs whatever the team brings to the table(Discipline, Purities, Grace, etc.).

3) I haven't really tried it, but I don't think it'd be worth it. Life leech is only 20% of their life per second if capped, and since they have very little life, it won't be very effective. Besides, I haven't really felt the need to, reflect maps don't seem to be a problem, they can survive one multistrike attack, the rest doesn't really matter, since you can summon more of them. As for high AoE situations, the only times I really had trouble with it is vs some bossess(Mainly Death and Taxes ice form boss, Necro Merveil second phase if haven't killed quickly enough and spawns too many geysers, Haast the Beyond boss, which spams a lot of AoE spells), maybe when leveling the ice nova beyond mobs are a little bit annoying, but they're still doable, just more annoying. That situation comes up pretty rarely, and swapping in my lvl 2 empower so that they get more life usually does the trick, so I wouldn't really worry about that.
"

(...) 2 Vaal Hastes are nice in order to have minimum amount of downtime of it.
[/spoiler]

If you socket two Vaal Haste it will take double the time to charge one fully up compared to socketing only one. I fail to see the advantage here.
Updated the tree slightly, respecced some life in the life wheel to get Cruel Preparation and Deep Thoughts. Lost around 250 life, but gained around 200 unreserved mana and a bunch of mana regen, bringing my unreserved mana to almost 1k, as well as giving me extra mana regen, which I found to be very nice, and my effective HP hasn't really changed much.

"
Bada_Bing wrote:
"

(...) 2 Vaal Hastes are nice in order to have minimum amount of downtime of it.
[/spoiler]

If you socket two Vaal Haste it will take double the time to charge one fully up compared to socketing only one. I fail to see the advantage here.

I used to think so too, but then I tried 2 vaal hastes and there was no going back. Yes, yo take a bit longer to get your first vaal haste up, but once you have it, your other vaal haste is at like 75% souls, so it's way easier to keep it up permanently compared to a single vaal haste. Also, it really helps vs 2 phase bosses such as Shrine Piety or Palace Dominus(since you can use a vaal haste each phase) and vs some of the tougher bosses that don't die after 1 vaal haste in groups(today, for example, that in double boss turbo courtyard proved to be quite helpful, since you cant just stand still and spam SRS in that fight)
Last edited by ColdCurve on Oct 6, 2014, 2:44:28 PM
So as far as I understand you're taking charisma purely for the reduced mana reservation so you can get more EHP with cloak, and so you can use purity for ele weakness maps.

Have you thought about replacing cloak of defiance with belly of the beast or a rare armor, and investing the points you save into the scion life wheel and completing aura effect? Something like this.

I also don't like the double vaal haste, especially for a build whose main limitation is socket space. The opportunity cost is something like GMP Ball Lightning Curse on Hit (I use this now, and could never go back to totem/self-cast) or a 2nd curse.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
So as far as I understand you're taking charisma purely for the reduced mana reservation so you can get more EHP with cloak, and so you can use purity for ele weakness maps.

Have you thought about replacing cloak of defiance with belly of the beast or a rare armor, and investing the points you save into the scion life wheel and completing aura effect? Something like this.

I also don't like the double vaal haste, especially for a build whose main limitation is socket space. The opportunity cost is something like GMP Ball Lightning Curse on Hit (I use this now, and could never go back to totem/self-cast) or a 2nd curse.

Yeah, charisma is there for the cloak EHP, also buffs the auras a litle bit too, which is nice. Belly is fine but I'm really digging the cloak mitigation with so much mana regen and the ability to run lvl 21 AA on top easily. I think both options are viable, Belly does give an ability to run an extra aura, which is nice. I think in the end Belly would come out slightly on top since you would be able to drop the Hallowed Hybrid flask for, probably, Rumi's, but you would need some tight mana regen gear in order to run lvl 21 AA with Inner Force. Perhaps when I can get near max mana reg on all my gear pieces I'll consider switching to Belly.

I used to use Arc - Curse on Hit - Ele Weakness for applying EE and curses, but eventually I didn't really need to use it vs pretty much anything except bosses or some occasional super-tanky rares. Elemental Weakness isn't really strong on Unique monsters anyways since of the 60% curse effectiveness reduction that uniques have, so that's why I decided to drop it altogether. For bosses and overall gameplay, I feel the totem is superior, since you can use it as sort of a "decoy"(especially nice vs stuff like flickers/devourers!) as well as a debuff applier. It particularly shines vs stuff like Palace Dominus, where he takes time to become targettable, so I can just put my totem down, Flesh Offering the Descecrates I put down earlier(I got that on my switch weapon), and spam SRS. That way, as soon as he spawns he's going to get Arced and EE'd instead of me having to do it, which would mean I'm not casting SRS. And you can do this basically in every boss room if desired before pulling them, since the bosses usually are a bit further away from the entrance to the boss room, giving you a chance to "pre-cast" your stuff.

And I'd advise you to try double Vaal Haste yourself, I used to be a hater of that setup as well, but now I can never go back. :)
Last edited by ColdCurve on Oct 6, 2014, 3:48:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info