converted firedmg is bugged?

I am writing on a phone so excuse my misstakes. I am using the ring "pyre" with ice spear. When my ice spears crit the target grts ignited instrad of frozen but it doesent seem to take almost any burning damage at all. I tried this in pvp and my friend lost 500 hp from 1 ice spear crit and the burning dmg should burn him for 8/3 of that dmg ( 4/3 normally but 100% increased with 70% from holy fire nodes and 30% from pyre) which is around 1200 dmg over 4 seconds. That would be 300 dmg per second but he only loses 30 health per second. Even if he had 90% fire resist (which he dont) and that would be applied again to the burn and not only to the initial hit it doesent make any sense to me. Burn from flameblast and discharge seems to be working correctly so i dont know.

Help please!
Well, if you deal 500 damage to him with no fire dmg increases or similar then he will burn for 1/5 that which is 100 damage per second. Factor in resists and it is down to 25 damage per second. You said that you had fire damage increases totalling 100% increased fire damage: this means that the burn would deal him 50 damage per second.

However, if you used LMP then that damage effectiveness multiplier gets used in the burn damage calculation too: so that 50 damage would be multiplied by 0.7 which ends up being 35 damage per second.
@Aelloon
You are wrong. I wrote 100% increased burning dmg not fire dmg. I have plenty of firedmg and spelldmg nodes etc. And fire resist is applied on the initial hit and shouldent be applied again for the burndmg.
"
Kluddman wrote:
And fire resist is applied on the initial hit and shouldent be applied again for the burndmg.

it is applied again on burning dmg..

fire/elemental/projectile dmg increases burn dmg.. spell dmg doesnt

IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
I dident write that spelldmg increases burndmg if thats what you are implying.

Lets say you are right that tha fireresist is applied again for the burn then how does that work on monsters that dont have any resist or atleast extra resist? I checked the burn dmg using flameblast and letting the initial hit bring the monster down to 50% hp and then the burn easily brought down the last 50% hp in seconds (as it should) but when they lost about 30% health from 1 crit with ice spear the burndmg afterwards from ignite wasent even noticeable. It should have dealt more burndmg than the initial hit did.
Im not implying anything.. your posts seem very confused, so im trying to write down important informations to make things clear. this one belongs to the same category: fire resist on enemy mitigates both initial hit and burn damage, but resist penetration applies only on initial hit (DoTs dont hit thus cant penetrate anything)

two scenarios:

1) monster has 75% fire resist, you hit for 1000 fire damage (with no modifiers that affect burning and without fire penetration support)

initial hit = 1000 * 0,25 = 250
burn per second = 250 * 0,2 * 0,25 = 12,5

2) monster has -40% fire resist (has flammability curse), you hit for 1000 fire damage (with no modifiers that affect burning and without fire penetration support)

initial hit = 1000 * 1,4 = 1400
burn per second = 1400 * 0,2 * 1,4 = 392
In your calculations what is the "0.2" multiplier for?

This is how it works from what i understand,

Normal white monsters have 0 fire resist, i crit for 1000 fire damage, with the 100% increased burning damage that i have the ignite will deal 8/3 of 1000 (normally its burns for 4/3).

(1000 / 3) x 8 = 2666

And that is why you use increased burning damage gem and elemental prolif because the burn is where the real damage lies.

And i say again, i tried flameblasting a normal white monster for 50% of its maximum health and then the burn dmg from ignite took down the remaining 50% health in a matter of seconds (as it should!).

But when i did the same with ice spear ( crit brought the monster from 100% health to 50% ) Then that burn dmg wasent even noticable. It should be no difference from the flameblast ignite but it was a HUGE difference. I welcome you to try it out using pyre.

Im sorry if i was harsh on you i am just mad that my build is not working as it should (according to me).

Last edited by Kluddman on Sep 24, 2014, 12:32:40 PM
0,2 stands for amount of initial damage done by burn per second. In other words, burn deals 20% of initial hit per second for 4 seconds..

1) are you sure you dont have Ice spear linked with L(G)MP?
2) are you sure that the tested monsters was the same?

it should work normally. If there was a bug, there would be plenty of reports
Last edited by Ludvator on Sep 24, 2014, 1:56:56 PM
Why do you think the burn is 0.2 of the initial hit? Burn is 4/3 of the initial hit not 1/5.

Yes i have LMP linked to it but that reduction is calculated on the initial hit and not twice like fire resist.
"
Kluddman wrote:
Why do you think the burn is 0.2 of the initial hit? Burn is 4/3 of the initial hit not 1/5.

Yes i have LMP linked to it but that reduction is calculated on the initial hit and not twice like fire resist.

because it is 0,2 per second (80% over 4 seconds) since 1.0.2 patch (november 2013). it used to be 33,3% per second

it is. as i stated in my first post, generic modifiers to damage dealt apply to damage over time damage (since the same patch) -> they affect both initial hit and burn damage from ignite
Last edited by Ludvator on Sep 24, 2014, 2:56:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info