Switching to critical strike based character

Crit isn't broken, Crit multiplier is. I don't mind builds being able to achieve very high crit chance, it makes those cast on crit builds fun to play. But the multiplier definitely has needs to have diminishing returns. I wouldn't suggest a hard cap simply because rich players do need to be rewarded, but it should require top gear to get over the 200% or 250% level. This whole 800 and 900% crit multi is bullshit. People melting Atziri before she turns form even once? Come on, it's supposed to be a fight !
"
VixTrader wrote:
Crit isn't broken, Crit multiplier is. I don't mind builds being able to achieve very high crit chance, it makes those cast on crit builds fun to play. But the multiplier definitely has needs to have diminishing returns. I wouldn't suggest a hard cap simply because rich players do need to be rewarded, but it should require top gear to get over the 200% or 250% level. This whole 800 and 900% crit multi is bullshit. People melting Atziri before she turns form even once? Come on, it's supposed to be a fight !

both crit chance and crit multi are problem childs,

crit multi is a problem simply because you can get way too much of it from gear and scale damage to a level that is unreachable for other builds

but crit chance is also pretty damning

1 the access to status effects. People tend to forget the defensive and offensive benefits to being able to crit with elemental damage 80%+ of the time. being able to perma freeze the screen is dramatically superior to any block chance , resists , armor , evasion curses or what ever.

if the mobs cant attack , then you dont need defense. crit with ice is near flawless defense and offense

crit with lightning adds a 50% multi to something that already does stupid damage.
and crit with fire adds a dot that goes super well with multi and shock as well.

2 surgeons flasks in high crit builds never run out which makes flasks way more viable in crit builds than they are in non crit builds.

3 high crit fuels a large amount of potent supports like discharge , power charge on crit and coc, coc in partcular is a huge contributor to how unpleasant the lag can be in this game.

the only major weakness to crit is the reflect mobs , which in all honestly doesnt really work all that well anyway.
Another area they screwed up huge on was introducing Atziri Gloves to the game. Part of the balance to crit was supposed to be reflect which is a legitimate point. But then why go make an item that takes the worry of reflect away.

They should remove Atziri gloves, and dumb down Vaal Pact even further. They should make reflect a problem in the game again...
"
They should remove Atziri gloves

None exist in rampage yet so they pretty much have removed it with its huge rarity. I can see not many existing in rampage by the end. It has become irrelevant to the balance of the game when it's not dropping at all.
"
RogueMage wrote:
"
Etherfire wrote:
As peterlock said, for most gear levels crit vs non crit is balanced. It's only at the higher tiers of gear that crit is broken, which it shouldn't be.

Simple solution: Use diminishing returns formulas to cap effective crit chance to 50% max, and effective crit multiplier to 300% max.

So you basically want to remove any reason to go crit. Got it.
"
jakab_ wrote:
"
RogueMage wrote:
"
Etherfire wrote:
As peterlock said, for most gear levels crit vs non crit is balanced. It's only at the higher tiers of gear that crit is broken, which it shouldn't be.

Simple solution: Use diminishing returns formulas to cap effective crit chance to 50% max, and effective crit multiplier to 300% max.

So you basically want to remove any reason to go crit. Got it.

Typical cheesy BiS-obsessed faceroll attitude:

Gimme 100% OP 100% all the time or else GTFO
Who needs crit these days?

Selfbuffed from hatred+herald of ash+3frenzy

It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
I talked to the PoE IRC about this, and we agreed that the purpose of Resolute Technique was to help tanky and cheap characters on the left side of the tree. The purpose of Crit builds was to generate massive DPS from amazing gear.

Also, we all said that Daggers were gamebreakingly overpowered.
"
RogueMage wrote:
"
Etherfire wrote:

You can remove reflect then. Because nobody(maybe 1/1000) will suicide with 300% multiplier

Worst idea ever
"
RogueMage wrote:
Typical cheesy BiS-obsessed faceroll attitude:

Gimme 100% OP 100% all the time or else GTFO

Not really. Your idea is poorly thought out and would take away all incentive to go crit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info