Question about mjolner +shield and dual mjolner builds

Hi.
So i was testing both Mjolner + shield w/ max block build and dual mjolner with 37/19 block(75/53 with rumi's concoction)

But my doubts are towards the mechanics of the attack skills themselves.

Molten Strike for single target, Lightning Strike for packs.

while using both mjolners, do they both attack at the same time? or is it like one at a time but just faster, or even only the main hand? how do they work?

cause if both are attacking at the same time, that is basicly double the proc chance to the gems im using on them, increasing greatly the dps.

Anybody could help me on this one? thanks!
IGN: Pedrikosa or Pedrikoza
Last edited by pedrike on Sep 24, 2014, 1:24:44 AM
Mjölner cannot proc in offhand
Still sane exile?
Most attacks alternate between weapons for dual wielding. Dual Strike and Cleave do actually do both at once, and a couple (I forget) only use the main hand, but both of yours alternate. Thus, the only benefit you're getting is the dual wielding status (i.e. 10% more attack speed, 20% more physical damage, access to dual wielding passives). Not really worthwhile.

"
Skizo wrote:
Source? Sounds plausible but weird.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Last edited by viperesque on Sep 24, 2014, 1:30:25 AM
Just searched into the skills definitions and found this:

Dual Wielding: Dual wielding attacks with Lightning Strike will alternate the weapon being swung.

Dual Wielding: Dual wielding attacks with Molten Strike will alternate the weapon being swung.

Source: poe wiki

yea Im glad i just spent abouto 20 regrets into testing this (fail) project lol
IGN: Pedrikosa or Pedrikoza
"
viperesque wrote:
"
Skizo wrote:
Source? Sounds plausible but weird.

I am sort of corret and sort of mistaken, it cannot proc in offhand when using dual strike (not it cannot proc in offhand in general).

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/927004
Still sane exile?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info