Need some ideas for the lv 50 to lv 65 RF build limbo

Basically before lv65 which I can use the Rise of Pheonix I don't think anyone will actually try using Righteous Fire at all. I can feel that searing bond is starting to fall behind. The damage itself is ok but the covered area is a bit small for just 1 totem as well as they get OHKO alot. I turned on EE so I don't think I can use fire trap anymore. My cyclon is not doing any real dmg but to just doing LoH.

It seems like everyone is using Doryani's Catalyst when they reach lv75. Is there any good 1H I can use in the mean time? Right now I am just using an axe with buit-in lightning dmg that has a pretty good attack speed (for my leap slam). I found that any mace with added elemental dmg bonus has pretty poor attack speed. Which is more important now? Elemental dmg or attack speed you think? Is there any unique that I can use? Red Beak would have been great pre 1.2 but I am not counting on the low-life 100% dmg trigger.

Or, since my cyclone damage doesn't matter may be Aurumvorax is a better choice so I don't have to worry about needing much ele res boost in other equipment? Right now I have 1 double lightning res ring and 1 double cold res ring and using a belt with 33% fire res as well as purity of fire. If I can remove the 40% to 60% ele res requirement on all these may be I can focus on +HP rings, belts and amulet?

Say even if I reached lv65 and can use the Pheonix... how much hp regen after applying RF is considered safe to start using RF? If the hp regen and RF just balance out each other. It is not gonna be very safe using RF I assume.

Is every RF build feel like this? The 10 ish level before lv65 seems a bit limbo? With the hp regen I got so far should I just grab a heavy hit 2H and just Heavy Strike + melee splash everything until lv65 then care about slowly building it in shape?

Last edited by ariesdante on Sep 23, 2014, 3:13:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info