[2.2.x] zSavage's CI Southclaw Reave (formerly Bloodseeker Dual Strike) [Trickster]

1.3 Tree and Update finally posted! I'm closing on level 92 and the DPS should spike up again as my crit chance goes back to normal.

1.3 was a pretty significant nerf to this character in his old state, but I've made a few changes and everything is working fine again. Dropping US lets us reach the templar area, and at level 92/93, the disemboweling cluster!

The nerfs to the dual wield block nodes also mean that Rainbowstride is not as signifcant nor needed, but it fills the gap till I can get a better pair of ES boots (due to its high ES, all res, and movespeed).
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
why do you spent so many points to reach the templar area, you can get fine ES/Life nodes on the way plus the big ES wheel
Last edited by Ytzen on Feb 9, 2015, 9:47:17 PM
"
Ytzen wrote:
why do you spent so many points to reach the templar area, you can get fine ES/Life nodes on the way plus the big ES wheel

The templar nodes are extremely efficient. The give attack speed and accuracy simultaneously, have armor as well as ES, which is very important to increase our rating, and provide access to very good crit nodes. The points spent are not a waste, as nearly all the travel points are intelligence, which increase our ES.

One can't really get the crit, armor, es, attack speed, and accuracy anywhere else for less points. The templar area is, again, very efficient.
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Updated with new video for 1.3.1! Check it out!
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Hey so i really like the idea of this build.

I started planning out a build almost identical to yours today before i noticed it haha.

So i was thinking about using the essentia sanguis claw. It has about 300 dps, gives ghost reaver, some ES and 8% dual wield block. It also currently costs about 3 chaos.

Here's a quick build i put together for it http://poeurl.com/zfuHZLf

With your current character your getting ridiculous life per second due to the 100% insta leech.
It's around 12100 life per second with 55k dps and 22% physical life leech. Single target.

Every second you are attacking literally anything you will be at full health. That's insane.

I would argue against using abyssus in hardcore leagues tho, because even with 6k es/15k armor you could easily get 1 shot by phys bosses.

Great job with the build/guide. Looks really fun/OpieOP
Last edited by Kaepora on Feb 25, 2015, 1:49:16 PM
"
Kaepora wrote:

I started planning out a build almost identical to yours today before i noticed it haha.

So i was thinking about using the essentia sanguis claw. It has about 300 dps, gives ghost reaver, some ES and 8% dual wield block. It also currently costs about 3 chaos.

Here's a quick build i put together for it http://poeurl.com/zfuHZLf

The big thing you're missing out on is the leech from the claw notable by ghost reaver. Without this you'll need to get mana leech from gear. Essentia could be really good as a holdover and point saver until you can get a better offhand claw.

I see you're focusing very heavily on dual wield block. You're investing a lot of points into that. I've found that having raw ES in this build is more important than block chance, as if it doesn't kill you with a oneshot, you're usually OK.

"

With your current character your getting ridiculous life per second due to the 100% insta leech.
It's around 12100 life per second with 55k dps and 22% physical life leech. Single target.

Every second you are attacking literally anything you will be at full health. That's insane.

I would argue against using abyssus in hardcore leagues tho, because even with 6k es/15k armor you could easily get 1 shot by phys bosses.

Great job with the build/guide. Looks really fun/OpieOP

Abyssus is a little risky, if you don't manage to hit a flask in time. When I activate a jade flask of iron skin, I can tank the toughest phyical bosses and not get oneshot (aka colannade Kole, or Zana map brutus). Generally, try to avoid the groundslams anyways though.

In HC you can swap a good helm for Abyssus and net an extra 500-600 ES or so, and cut your DPS in half.

Thanks for the feedback!
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Updated/fixed leveling trees for current patch.
twitch.tv/savagewolves
You should really spec out of the templar side of the tree.

I thought you went over there at first to grab zealot's oath or something. But really, you traveled like 25+ points just for Disemboweling.

You would much more easily be served getting tons of more ES, more area damage and running a carcass J than what you did.

Good idea for a build overall man. Bloodseeker is really a mediocre unique with one fantastically OP mechanic on it.

For example:

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAaoz1b8gUotmw2O1BsbMWv7VIpn9w1YnTcFIqC_Pq3Ui42QEJEZYOSF3yLL_BxX_GVmMV14auHNxtGSL0bAsNjacrNbkRUB1PS64bJdlb6QIV_bTF2-dHBvLhY0NvV0X0ZK-KOF9qgwlGcbQMkycppU4qW6_dDSzpFSAqTX1brEdRTMpKb56-pxm0ytMNfOq6dweHE5ykY3BgQQAGFfZieVbon4LglcB2FI4XPhEv62OZmqbrN4NXyTQKLKY3Zj1fUlOX9JeVEQ_bXlAwTLP316yYw21ca4RI
Last edited by CorranHorn on May 18, 2015, 11:12:47 AM
The armor/ES nodes along with the strength picked up from that area are absolutely critical for the build. Your build compared to mine has only 20% more increased es (201% vs 181%) and would need 100 additional strength from gear just to be able to equip abyssus/use the required red gems.

Not having the armor nodes will be deadly, especially for 2.0 where armor seems to be needed more than ever.

Taking area nodes and not taking master of the arena for range increases is counter intuitive, as the range is also scaled.

Carcass jack is also a horrible unique for the build; you're dropping 300+ ES versus a rare chest. It's a potential budget substitute, and good for a life based variant.

I have been looking at dropping the templar skillgramige, but in the current state of the tree it will be difficult to find the stats needed somewhere else.
twitch.tv/savagewolves
I think you are trying to shoehorn in that side of the tree man and it really doesn't make much sense.

Abyssus is not an automatic choice. It could very easily be a bad one in fact.

Simply put, 4-5 K ES is not enough. You wasted a TON of nodes for essentially 5-10 percent physical mitigation and a similar amount of crit as the tree i linked.

Ok, ok. I get it, you like that side. But think about it this way.

Drop Abyssus. Throw on a decent 300+ Es Hat and just stack defense that way.

You don't then NEED to waste time going over to that side of the tree to support Abyssus.

Last edited by CorranHorn on May 21, 2015, 12:33:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info