Not getting full grasp of a certain mechanic.

I've spend the last few hours looking around the net and the wiki and I can't find the answer.

Basically, can any item be turned into a Unique? I ask this because I was wondering if I would waste my time using orbs on random 20% items in hopes of a Unique that may be useable to me.
Last edited by blademyth on Sep 20, 2014, 10:17:28 PM
Not all base items have a unique associated with them so no. Many base items can never roll into a unique.

Also you generally want to chance specific base items that have a unique that's worth something at all.

Last edited by kasub on Sep 20, 2014, 10:19:33 PM
"
blademyth wrote:
I ask this because I was wondering if I would waste my time using orbs on random 20% items in hopes of a Unique that may be useable to me.

I don't think quality on items has any effect when using chance orbs
No, but when you get a unique/ good rare you save on whetstones/ scraps.

Since the question's been answered only a small addition:
There are uniques that can't be chanced even when you use the correct base item. I don't know off the top of my head which these are - I think the Goddess Bound is one, The Taming and some others.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
vaskov17 wrote:
"
blademyth wrote:
I ask this because I was wondering if I would waste my time using orbs on random 20% items in hopes of a Unique that may be useable to me.

I don't think quality on items has any effect when using chance orbs

That I do know, i just have a lot of armorer scraps laying around (about 80-ish) so if I have a superior weapon 10% or more I just turned them into 20%s so if they did turn into a useable unique.
Last edited by blademyth on Sep 21, 2014, 7:01:10 AM
example of something that is worth to chance

this will hopefully soon turn into
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Sep 21, 2014, 8:22:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info