[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Thanks for the reply guys. So for a 5-link I use HS+Multi+Life leech+Blood magic+Melee damage?
And, what about LS, I kinda liked it what should i link it with if i use it with this armor?
@Meme
Last edited by Myhoax on Aug 23, 2013, 9:08:34 AM
"
Myhoax wrote:
Thanks for the reply guys. So for a 5-link I use HS+Multi+Life leech+Blood magic+Melee damage?
And, what about LS, I kinda liked it what should i link it with if i use it with this armor?

Having BM for your primary atk is kinda dangerous in end game when you are melee. You may want to run BM for some auras which go on mana cost instead of % of mana.

LS + Fork + Chain + Mana Leech + Life Gained on Hit

Solid.
"
Xiaoyen wrote:
"
Myhoax wrote:

Having BM for your primary atk is kinda dangerous in end game when you are melee. You may want to run BM for some auras which go on mana cost instead of % of mana.

Solid.

Thanks alot. One final thing is LS gonna be fast without multi/faster attacks?
@Meme
"
Hierokliff wrote:
So i did of course die again.
Did get to start run maps and was a bit stupid/ignorant and got splatted...

Anyway did wait for reave to get released.
And boy it is OP for leveling with this build.

a fast claw/dagger/rapier and attack speed rings/glove, and since my stash is full of old rusty unique leveling gear i do level insane fast with reave compaired to earlier attempts...
might be that iam not scared to rush in HC anymore. so far only mob that i did get some reave stacks against was the butcher, think i had to hit him 5 times...

else i 2-hit the mobs and there is nothing left around me to hit again.

Reave is so far perfect for me while leveling, since ive got great daggers/claws until level 50 atleast that are in the stash. not sure what support gems to use

faster attack+multistrike will be my first test when iam high enough, because sooner or later mobs will survive the first hit, so cant wait until iam lvl 35 when my first 5L armor can be used to see what reave will be with a 5L setup...

Sorry you had another HC death. It happens. Not too much anymore to me though, have not died last few levels. I play standard though so it does not matter.

I am using melee physical damage, multistrike and added fire damage with reave (see the video a couple pages back) in my experiments. Faster attacks may be slightly better than the added fire damage. Took concentrated effect off, I think it reduced the AOE area too much. I'm sure it's great for leveling but it's much lower DPS than my heavy strike so I'm not so sure about it. Feels good in a pack situation though. If I had a better DPS claw I might set aside two 4L for attack skills, one for reave, one for double strike. Don't think it's going to work out for me though because I'm self found and my axe has 269 DPS which is hard to match so far on a claw.
"
Myhoax wrote:

I'd go with Heavy strike + Melee Physical Damage + Faster Attacks + Multistrike

Then if you want, melee splash.

Or, if you are not leeching enough for that, blind. If you don't have that, stun.

Or, added fire damage if you want more damage and can keep up with it mana wise, but can't keep up with splash.

I don't know much about LS, but you would need a mana leech support gem on there for sure. With HS you can have a mana leech ring or something, but with elemental damage only the support gem will work.
Last edited by Sovyn on Aug 23, 2013, 2:56:17 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Myhoax wrote:

I'd go with Heavy strike + Melee Physical Damage + Faster Attacks + Multistrike

Then if you want, melee splash.

Or, if you are not leeching enough for that, blind. If you don't have that, stun.

Or, added fire damage if you want more damage and can keep up with it mana wise, but can't keep up with splash.

I don't know much about LS, but you would need a mana leech support gem on there for sure. With HS you can have a mana leech ring or something, but with elemental damage only the support gem will work.

No need for life leech linked?
@Meme
"
Myhoax wrote:

No need for life leech linked?

No. It's not a wrong choice, just not my choice.

We do get a 2% life leech node.

I suggest getting leech on gear and using your support gem slots to gain damage if at all possible (blind is defensive but it costs no mana so it fills a role).
Last edited by Sovyn on Aug 23, 2013, 5:27:18 PM
Why not go Marauder? You save quite a few points wasted in physical damage, that can be obtain elsewhere for cheaper and better.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
"
Edzilla wrote:
Why not go Marauder? You save quite a few points wasted in physical damage, that can be obtain elsewhere for cheaper and better.

Yes, it would work. However, a refined spec would take some doing. For that matter, the duelist or ranger would work fine.

The Templar gets some nice block nodes early on which is perfect for this build.

I don't consider the damage nodes a waste.

Could you provide a 120 point marauder spec with better totals and no sacrifices verses the Templar build in the guide? I'm doubting that you can. But, please do impress me. :)
"
Myhoax wrote:
"
Xiaoyen wrote:
"
Myhoax wrote:

Solid.

Thanks alot. One final thing is LS gonna be fast without multi/faster attacks?

Hmm... I don't aim to hit fast with that LS combination as you get a LOT of area damage from it already. Maybe just get a faster hitting weapon. You may overinflate your mana usage by sticking those in, or what you can do is to remove chain and stick in multi/faster attacks if that is what you like to play. Just be careful on the mana draw. It gets extremely hefty to the point your leech is not gonna keep up. A reduced mana gem MAY help tone the mana draw down. Dealing damage is important, but having mana to actually dish it out continuously is also key.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info