[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

is your skillz updated?
How's your dps in general? Do you 1 shot or 3 shots mobs with your 1Hand weapon?
I might try that in Onslaught

I was thinking to get some ES stats as well, any good?
Last edited by akilers on Aug 5, 2013, 2:57:56 PM
"
akilers wrote:
is your skillz updated?
How's your dps in general? Do you 1 shot or 3 shots mobs with your 1Hand weapon?
I might try that in Onslaught

I was thinking to get some ES stats as well, any good?

The skills suggested in the guide are still good.

My current gear may be slightly out of date. Follow the guide not the current gear post.

I do about 5k DPS. Others that have tried this build can reach 10k or even 15k with the ideal gear.

With 5K I can kill a single standard trash monster in Lunaris merciless in around 1 second. My attack speed is 0.17 seconds per attack.

I would not bother with ES unless you build around a specific unique shield. It does not regenerate that often during combat. Only sometimes, due to the high avoidance nature of the build.
Cool, thanks. Obvisouly not I wont build my gear around yours since it's out of date ( I hope for yah :p )

I just wanted to know, cuz when you're lvling ES can be good some time. ALright, time to rape in hardcore with my friends.

"
akilers wrote:
Obvisouly not I wont build my gear around yours since it's out of date ( I hope for yah :p )

I'm self found, which explains my so-so gear.

I'll update that section right now so it's at least up-to-date. :)

It is a tribute to the build's viability that it will work fine in the end game with items anyone can easily obtain though.
Okay, so I'm at level 44 with my build and currently using Infernal Blow + Elemental Damage + Melee Splash. This combination is doing really well DPS wise, but I'm running into some huge mana issues with melee splash. It's really hard to give up though, and I was wondering if anyone had some alternative options that will work? I tried a blood magic gem, but at my level and even with 14.4% health regen per kill, it doesn't scale very well at this point.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!
"Accountability is the perfect counter-weight to ambition." -Dominus, High Templar
"
Khavali wrote:
Okay, so I'm at level 44 with my build and currently using Infernal Blow + Elemental Damage + Melee Splash. This combination is doing really well DPS wise, but I'm running into some huge mana issues with melee splash. It's really hard to give up though, and I was wondering if anyone had some alternative options that will work? I tried a blood magic gem, but at my level and even with 14.4% health regen per kill, it doesn't scale very well at this point.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Yes, I could not run that combo either - too much mana use. You could try melee physical damage support instead of the elemental damage support. Melee physical damage uses considerably less mana and IB will convert some of the physical damage to fire damage.

As IB still does some physical damage, less than heavy strike obviously, but some - you could try having a huge amount of mana leech on items. As long as you have enough mana available to use the skill 2-3 times you should be able to chain it, given enough mana leech on items (6%?). Mana leech on items only leeches based on physical damage.

You could also try a mana leech support gem which would leech based on the fire damage. That should solve the issue. In cruel act 2 there is a quest that has the gem as a reward for the shadow, duelist and ranger. Or you could always trade for it.
Last edited by Sovyn on Aug 6, 2013, 6:22:51 PM
Hey there !

Thanks for making that guide. I started playing POE just 3 weeks ago on Anarchy and have no clue where to start with the templar build. And this guide take the cake in terms sword and board. At the moment my Templar is lvl 71 doing farm runs, and I have been successful picking up gear here and there.

For now I made a variation in your build, instead I used double strike in the build and had been successful most of the time. When I used heavy strikes, I have had problems in chasing the enemies and potential de-syncs. With a double strike build, I just press one button and ride away. Once I get enough currency, I would start gearing up to more survivability (maxed ele resist but not in terms of evading projectile attacks) in group map runs, but for now I go solo with a few map mods i'm willing to take :P

Here's my gear at the moment (MF finding and only current gear haha) and will keep you posted (if you happen to be visiting Anarchy, I'll help ya in gear to start :D )

Last edited by Molochmane on Aug 6, 2013, 8:03:42 PM
"
Molochmane wrote:
Hey there !

Thanks for making that guide. I started playing POE just 3 weeks ago on Anarchy and have no clue where to start with the templar build. And this guide take the cake in terms sword and board. At the moment my Templar is lvl 71 doing farm runs, and I have been successful picking up gear here and there.

For now I made a variation in your build, instead I used double strike in the build and had been successful most of the time.

Thanks for posting. :) I'm glad the guide has been helpful to you.

I tried double strike and liked it a lot but I think going with stronger hits (heavy strike) rather than faster, smaller hits is my preference in this particular case. I suspect that armored foes would be easier to damage with a harder hit with higher damage effectiveness.

In any event, either skill is viable.
"
Sovyn wrote:
Yes, I could not run that combo either - too much mana use. You could try melee physical damage support instead of the elemental damage support. Melee physical damage uses considerably less mana and IB will convert some of the physical damage to fire damage.

As IB still does some physical damage, less than heavy strike obviously, but some - you could try having a huge amount of mana leech on items. As long as you have enough mana available to use the skill 2-3 times you should be able to chain it, given enough mana leech on items (6%?). Mana leech on items only leeches based on physical damage.

You could also try a mana leech support gem which would leech based on the fire damage. That should solve the issue. In cruel act 2 there is a quest that has the gem as a reward for the shadow, duelist and ranger. Or you could always trade for it.

So I got ahold of a reduced mana gem, Stone of Lazhwar and plan on buying a Crest of Perandus shield tomorrow. I also switched to heavy strike (for now...I still love IB) and can now farm felshrine in relative peace. Thanks for the advice and as always, I love the build.
"Accountability is the perfect counter-weight to ambition." -Dominus, High Templar
"
Khavali wrote:
So I got ahold of a reduced mana gem, Stone of Lazhwar and plan on buying a Crest of Perandus shield tomorrow. I also switched to heavy strike (for now...I still love IB) and can now farm felshrine in relative peace. Thanks for the advice and as always, I love the build.

Welcome, I'm glad. :)

You will be able to switch back to IB when you find or buy the right gear for keeping up with its mana cost.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info