[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Any particular reason not to use Cleave instead of Heavy Strike?
"
shinino wrote:

Cleave is fine but does not inspire me. I can't imagine it would be as good on single targets. The damage effectiveness of cleave is very low - 70% compared with heavy strike (150%) which makes all the difference on leech and breaking through armor on foes that have a decent armor rating. I favor physical damage over elemental and can't imagine cleave would do good damage without the elemental stuff or a 5,6,7 link (bringer of rain). Heavy strike does fine end game with only a 4-link. Anyone can get a 4-link. Beyond that, not going to happen for the unlucky / self found.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jul 28, 2013, 3:12:16 AM
"
shinino wrote:

I used to play dual-ele-cleave, and just using one weapon+shield is dull and boring compaired to that. Will try it after my vacation, since i start to get a bit bored of lightning strike...
For single target I use:

Heavy Strike + Life Leech + Item Rarity (works well on bosses as the Item Rarity increase gives me loads of rares and chance for uniques - Bringer of Rain go go!)

For AOE I use:

Heavy Strike + Life gain on hit + Mana Leech + Melee Splash

I used to have Lightning Strike + Fork + Lightning Penetration. Main drawback is mana, I know I can use mana leech but heck, getting a RRGG linked 4 socket is rough. No luck so far. Maybe will test it out IF I get lucky on the chroms.

Life gain on hit is wonderful for heavy strike with melee splash so far as I can just charge into a bunch of monsters and spam that. With mana leech I don't have a problem spamming (Offsets the hefty % increase in mana use due to life gain and melee splash).

Will have to rethink this as I move further into Cruel and later Merc, as I have heard that there are reduced physical dmg for certain monsters. Probably by then I will have a sub AOE atk in Lightning Stirke + Weapon Elemental Dmg + Fork + Mana Leech (If I am lucky with 5 link or 6 link I will stick in Chain + another Weapon Elemental Dmg/Lightning Pen)
"
Xiaoyen wrote:

Will have to rethink this as I move further into Cruel and later Merc, as I have heard that there are reduced physical dmg for certain monsters.

I did not notice. I do notice that virtually everything is resistant to elemental damage though.
I leveled my Lazy Pally to Lvl 66 in about 1 week. ( I play ALOT! lol )

If I have max resists in an area I can normally run lvl 66 maps and some 67's easily alone.

This is the furthest I have taken a character and I really want to give props to the build.

I was able to trade for a 5L and that has made my life so much easier

Right now I'm doing 6850 dps with Hatred up ( Heavy Strike-Faster Attacks-Added Fire Damage- Multistrike- Plus Melee Physical Damage )

My AoE is definitely lacking, but I enjoy having an escape. Currently I'm using Shield Charge- Melee Splash - Added Fire Damage. Only 1250 AoE with Auras up :(

I think Heavy Strike will suffice as an AoE perhaps, but it seems too slow to clear large mobs.

I wanted to more in depth and post my gear, but I don't know how lol XD

"
idrageri wrote:
I leveled my Lazy Pally to Lvl 66 in about 1 week. ( I play ALOT! lol )

If I have max resists in an area I can normally run lvl 66 maps and some 67's easily alone.

This is the furthest I have taken a character and I really want to give props to the build.

I was able to trade for a 5L and that has made my life so much easier

Right now I'm doing 6850 dps with Hatred up ( Heavy Strike-Faster Attacks-Added Fire Damage- Multistrike- Plus Melee Physical Damage )

My AoE is definitely lacking, but I enjoy having an escape. Currently I'm using Shield Charge- Melee Splash - Added Fire Damage. Only 1250 AoE with Auras up :(

I think Heavy Strike will suffice as an AoE perhaps, but it seems too slow to clear large mobs.

I wanted to more in depth and post my gear, but I don't know how lol XD

Thanks for posting your progress! Outstanding work. That's great DPS for your level with this build.

It can take a minute to clear a large pack with multi-heavy strike, but not bad. Saves you from having to give up a four-link for an AOE skill.

If you can get at least 6k DPS with an AOE skill it might suffice even on bosses though. Let us know how that goes.

To post gear, you just left click your avatar at the top of the screen and left click the item you want to link while composing your forum post. A little piece of code will appear where you were typing.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jul 28, 2013, 10:06:28 PM
So for bandits, what do I take each time?

Presuming Oak the first time for the +40 HP

What about Cruel/Merciless?
"
shinino wrote:

What about Cruel/Merciless?

The point, IMHO.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Xiaoyen wrote:

Will have to rethink this as I move further into Cruel and later Merc, as I have heard that there are reduced physical dmg for certain monsters.

I did not notice. I do notice that virtually everything is resistant to elemental damage though.

Yup, hence I am keeping LS as a sub aoe whereas HS + Melee splash is the main AOE. A couple of friends I made in game were telling me that only lightning is viable in Merc (ignites are spectacular as well, but not as broken as lightning), but that's because of dual shock totems being kinda broken right now (I was blinded by this guy jumping in for Solaris Temple normal as I was going for full clear - 5 seconds and I had a clear screen in a room full of mobs). I would say going 2 options is the most flexible, as 3 will take up too many slots and just 1 may kill you if you get a bad resist map or pack of mobs.

@Idrageri - Why not give Melee Splash a go? I think Hiero (or was it Kaho) who pointed out that the animation for Multi strike is a bit too slow causing a bad Rhoa charge to be able to put you in danger. And these charges are easy to avoid if you are not stunned/stuck in an animation. So far I have not seen a cap for the number of monsters Melee splash 'splashes' on. Maybe Multistrike + HS for single target/less than 5 targets and Splash for more? Just a thought as I have yet to get my hands on a Multistrike to properly test this viability.

Oh and yes, enfeeble and temporal chains = helps HEAPS for low levels. I just started cruel and got Jonah Unchained 2 times in a row and he HURTS. Stuck a Temporal Chain on him and basically stunned him to death with HS knockbacks before he could chain stun me with his.
Last edited by Xiaoyen on Jul 29, 2013, 2:13:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info