[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
IchiMorghulis wrote:
"
As far as acrobatics, I did consider it in several of my theoretical builds, but decided against it due to the number of points it would take away from other things to reach it and the penalties. However, now that the penalties have been partially removed in a recent patch, it's probably a reasonable variation!

I'm going to give it a try. I'll continue up the tree for acrobat after picking up Ondar's.

Yes, that was the route I was considering as well.

Look forward to your feedback. :)
Removed the incorrect mention of quality reduced mana gems from the guide as the quality bonus unfortunately does not work on auras.
It is me, again. I have just entered Merciless and doing pretty good for now but I have a question about skill points.

This is what I am using and I think going all the way to Ondar with this shield is a waste of skill points. So instead I have thought about getting all points in Cloth and Chain circle (directly below the templar starting area, near unwavering stance). It give %64 increased evasion rating and armour in total plus it ignores all movement penalties from armour. You have already gone that way to get Berserking and it is 2 more points to reach the circle and 6 more to fill it.

Any opinions on this?

P.S I am on Tempest Shield, Determination and Purity all the time but %95 mana reserved doesn't let me cast anything. Here is the rest of my items (I need upgrades on my jewelry and belt):

IGN: Altorparia
Timezone: GMT +3
would anyone be so kind and tell me how to post my gear in here? :p
"
Altorparia wrote:
It is me, again. I have just entered Merciless and doing pretty good for now but I have a question about skill points.

This is what I am using and I think going all the way to Ondar with this shield is a waste of skill points. So instead I have thought about getting all points in Cloth and Chain circle (directly below the templar starting area, near unwavering stance). It give %64 increased evasion rating and armour in total plus it ignores all movement penalties from armour. You have already gone that way to get Berserking and it is 2 more points to reach the circle and 6 more to fill it.

Any opinions on this?

P.S I am on Tempest Shield, Determination and Purity all the time but %95 mana reserved doesn't let me cast anything.

If it were me, I'd suggest crafting (or trading for) a good corrugated buckler with the "of walling" affix to upgrade your shield and get Ondar's. However, if you stay with that shield, you can just dump the points into block nodes (you will need a bunch more with that shield) and life nodes. We already get the movement penalties removed from the one leather and steel near the duelist starting area, no need for the cloth and chain node. Evasion/armor nodes have only a modest return in terms of survivability.

Once you get about 45 mana free you can remove the blood magic supports from your attack skill(s). This will happen when the reduced mana gems linked to your auras are leveled up sufficiently, and you acquire the intelligence nodes on the way to static blows. Then your 1% leech will restore your mana instantly when you attack, assuming a modest configuration of support gems. I'm currently using only 1% leech myself as of this writing. I can run heavy strike - melee phys - multistrike - stun without ever running out of mana.
"
Xzibit1211 wrote:
would anyone be so kind and tell me how to post my gear in here? :p

Sure. :)

Start composing a new post. Scroll up and click the picture of your character in the upper left-hand corner of the screen. Left click the item you want to show in your post. Press the escape key. You will notice that a small piece of code has been added to your post.
thx alot, so here it comes :D

thats what i am about right now:

max ele resists atm and only -5% chaos, works very well on act 3 merciless.
"
Xzibit1211 wrote:
thx alot, so here it comes :D

thats what i am about right now:

max ele resists atm and only -5% chaos, works very well on act 3 merciless.

Nice start! You will need a shield with higher block soon though to max out your blocking at 75%. Otherwise it will take quite a few more block nodes to do the trick.

Keep us posted on your progress!
I did a routine level 67 map today - it was very trivial with this build (it was an Arcade map - lots of ranged attackers, some with chaos and status ailments, and I went for pack size - 44% increased). Got a level 68 map, so that's good.
Nice build, I like its style so far. Question - Why not go armor mastery instead of steel skin?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info