[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
tins00 wrote:
Just popping in to say, thanks Sovyn for a great guide! I really like how flexible it is.

Hi Tins! Thanks for stopping in and for your comments. Best of luck as you head into (higher) maps!
In my early testing, Molten Strike, brand new in yesterday's patch, seems to be ideal for this build. Not only do we get it from the very first quest, but it seems to clear as efficiently as Reave overall, with the benefits of being a circular AOE rather than a cone, which one has to aim, plus Molten Strike has a low mana cost with AOE built-in, which is perfect, plus we can use any weapon with it, this flexibility is a core tenant of the build from the start. Lastly, it works fine with only a 4-link in my tests:

Obviously, as this is very early yet, I have not tested all of the supports that can work with this skill, of which there are quite a few.

Seriously considering updating the 1.1.3 version of the guide to recommend only Molten Strike, with Reave, Ground Slam, Cleave as now just honorable mentions.
Molten Strike + Point Blank + Iron Grip? Right along current tree.

I really want to try it out with Doryani's Catalyst and Doryani's Invitation!
I just speced into this at 60 points and i cant even tank blue mobs in docks on cruel with almost 2k hp 75% all resist 2.4k armor

Cant use skills cause no regen for mana and epic low damage (238)

Maybe my gear just sucks but i don't find this tanky really nor can it even be used really without blood magic or something for skills
"
Lynerus wrote:
I just speced into this at 60 points and i cant even tank blue mobs in docks on cruel with almost 2k hp 75% all resist 2.4k armor

Cant use skills cause no regen for mana and epic low damage (238)

Maybe my gear just sucks but i don't find this tanky really nor can it even be used really without blood magic or something for skills

Any build including this one is easy to level up through normal and cruel. It's the standout builds like mine that can handle merciless and high maps without special mirrored gear and high uniques.

You can use a mana or hybrid flask, along with one aura for now until your reduced mana gem has had time to level up to 17 or higher. Don't forget some mana regen on gear and some mana leech.

You must do good physical damage to leech.

This attack skill combo works, and is relatively easy to get:

Or, the reave or ground slam from the guide.

I tank pack after pack of blue mobs without having to flee, nearly ever. See my gear, nothing special at all.
One thing I noticed using Molten Strike, 2% mana leech is not enough, probably because so much phys damage is converted to fire. Will try and get 4% leech, using clarity in the meantime
"
tins00 wrote:
One thing I noticed using Molten Strike, 2% mana leech is not enough, probably because so much phys damage is converted to fire. Will try and get 4% leech, using clarity in the meantime

Noticed that too. With melee physical damage as one of the supports, it's possible to maintain a 4-link as above (the boots) with only 2% leech. It very rarely falls back to default attack. A 4-link is not too useful for the endgame (high maps) for most, however. Works fine in Catacombs, Docks, Library, Archives though. Still waffling about ditching Reave or not as it's very good. Would help if I had a 5-link with more red sockets (strength or hybrid dex-str) but have only found evasion chests (three so far!).
Hi @all :D

At first I want to thank you, for this guide. I startet this game around 8 weeks ago, so this was my fist char, and i have to say it works fine, even if you aren't experienced.
I decided to get always mixed gear, want to say eva/arm in most parts, but theres no difference in the end i think.

At second: i also was trying some 4- and 5-link combos with Molten Strike but in each case the was a too big lost of DPS, so i switched back to reave. Maybe I'll find something that works for me :)
"
Fiktivus wrote:
Hi @all :D

At first I want to thank you, for this guide. I startet this game around 8 weeks ago, so this was my fist char, and i have to say it works fine, even if you aren't experienced.
I decided to get always mixed gear, want to say eva/arm in most parts, but theres no difference in the end i think.

Hi Fiktivus! Gear looks pretty good! Room for improvement as to getting life on each item that does not have it. I think that it is important to have some of each, evasion and armour, sort of a balance. I like around 40% mitigation and 35% or so evade as a minimum for endgame, percentages shown on character sheet in the lab.

PS Very hard to get a nice molten strike combo for us without three red sockets on the 5-link (melee physical, multi, molten, concentrated, faster). Still experimenting but will probably stay with reave as my top suggestion for now.
Yes there is so much what could be improved, just farming for suitable gloves and boots with both a maxlife roll of 75+ and an good amount of res.

Last edited by Fiktivus on May 6, 2014, 6:05:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info