[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Yeah, high spell block with aegis makes his lightning projectiles keep my ES up. I still dodge his hand of god or whatever. It's always been frightening so I just avoid it.
"
wenlock wrote:
Yeah, high spell block with aegis makes his lightning projectiles keep my ES up. I still dodge his hand of god or whatever. It's always been frightening so I just avoid it.

When I see the words "facetanked dominus", I know that "aegis" will show up at somepoint.

That fight is, imo, poorly tuned. Some builds/items do it exceptionally easy, others find it virtually impossible. Usually, one phase you've got no problems and the other one murders you.
Updated Current Gear section on first page. Not much has changed, a few links and a belt. Hard to find upgrades self found. :) (But that's OK, gives me plenty to look forward to)
Today's Note: I was liking vulnerability on CWDT but it overwrote my manual enfeeble on bosses, which was not always a good thing. I could remove it just for the map boss, but that was not too lazy. :) So, I replaced vulnerability for now with summon skeletons as it does not conflict with anything.
Hello, lazy pallies!

Today, I found this beast:

(I stared at the screen for 13 minutes, just saying "holy shit" over and over until my girlfriend today me to shut my pink mouth.)

Should I use this... or sell it and upgrade massively?

Here's my current gear for comparison:

Spoiler

Right now, I'm running Reave. I'm at around 10.5k dps with Hatred going. My evasion is at 43% and my armor 23%.

I'm very much so leaning towards selling it (c/o is nearly 20 exalts) and upgrading to BoR, higher pdps weapon, Lazhwar with extra curse, etc. I'm just wondering if there's a case to be made to keep it?
"
Bandray wrote:

Hello Bandray.

The only reason to use a soul taker is to run high mana cost skills like cyclone, infernal blow with splash, or dominating blow. If you try and like these skills, then keep this item. Otherwise, try for a higher dps faster sword with the currency. Minimum good example for a reave sword (MUCH better out there):

I did notice you are using blood magic support for your reave, you are losing quite a bit of damage there, which can be fixed with the right mana regen/ mana leech gear, so check into that as well. Alternatively, a 6-link chest and keep the blood magic (or high quality mana leech) support gem to sustain 4 dps supports.
"
wenlock wrote:

Unfortunately, since the nerf, ST is really only useful for running a combo of gems that feature over the top mods (conc effect, added fire damage etc). Your sword, at 340 DPS(admittedly not pure PDPS), would out damage it handily (ST is ~240 dps), and the only reason you'd ever switch away is if you were constantly starved for mana.

You'd also have to throw out reave and replace it with an axe compatible attack.

Sell it imo.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Bandray wrote:

Hello Bandray...

Thanks for the response, Sovyn! I took your advice and sold the ST for 25 ex. I bought the following upgrades:

Spoiler

After linking/chromming everything, plus investing in some more alts and other currency, I'm left with way over half of the 25 ex.

The BoR was a great way to free up some block nodes, grab the Sentinel node south-east of the Scion's health node cluster, as well as some other life nodes. I'm still stuck with Blood Magic for now. I admittedly hate it, but it's a necessity for me right now. If I make the plunge into mana-based Reave, how much mana leech + regen should I be looking for? The more the better, I know, but what's a good minimum for both?

The claw was a bit of a side-grade for me; the pdps is better than my previous weapon (though the e+pdps on that weap topped the claw's by about 50), the life leech is helpful (especially with the high Reave cost when linked to BM), and the ASP is about .30 higher.

All in all, it's a big upgrade at a cost of about 9 ex. My DPS is up nearly 5k, my evasion is up about 8% (though my armor only increased 1% - good spot to use Determination instead of Grace?), and I kill a lot faster and more safely.

At this point, I'd like advice on how to transition to mana-based Reave. Do I:

1. Get rid of BoR and opt for a 6L chest?
2. Get mana leech on both rings and my gloves (is 6% total enough?)

More advice would be helpful! Thanks!
"
Bandray wrote:

Swap BM support for 20 quality mana leech gem and max quality on concentrated effect (reduces mana cost). If that does not do it, add mana regen on rings. I think it's worth it to ensure you are full life when a hit is calculated.

Mana leech on items is capped at, as I recall, 12.5% of your max mana per second, so that's why you need the high quality mana leech support, to raise the cap. Leech items won't do it with 4 dps supports (3 is fine, not 4), you need to use the gem.

Edit, forgot to mention that, with Reave, a faster weapon is more than meets the eye, because it builds stacks faster and reaches monsters at the back of the pack more quickly, improving clearing efficiency more than you would think.
Last edited by Sovyn on Apr 15, 2014, 4:29:16 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Bandray wrote:

Swap BM support for 20 quality mana leech gem and max quality on concentrated effect...

Fantastic advice, thank you!

Would you recommend getting rid of BoR and replacing it with a 6L then? Seems like swapping BM for ML on a BoR doesn't accomplish much else than a total side-grade. But I worry about losing that extra 15% block and thus extra nodes.

Also, the high ASP comment is really key, I know. 1.62 on my claw - the damage is really tremendous and the leech keeps me at max life 90% of the time, but do you think that ASP should be higher, sacrificing high-end damage for high-end speed? In other words, do you recommend I opt for a 2+ ASP sword instead of this claw?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info