[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
K0rrupted wrote:
"
Saviourself wrote:

ps. Ya lucky bastard getting an exalt, I still haven't seen a single one. Even wearing my 'lucky hat'.

Not so lucky given what happened to it. I was trying to craft a shield, and I had excellent life and decent resist rolls on it, so I thought I could Exalt it and get lucky with a +Eva roll, making it an excellent shield.

"Block and Stun Recovery."

I guess a noob like me learned a harsh lesson over these few days: Exalts are for saving, not for using.

That shield is not even worth using an exalt on brah. :( You could probably get a shield like mine with that exalt.
"
Vulpix0r wrote:
That shield is not even worth using an exalt on brah. :( You could probably get a shield like mine with that exalt.

Now I feel terrible :(.

Oh well, life goes on, and really all I need now are a better shield and gauntlets (been using the same Gauntlets since Cruel rofl). A couple weeks of playing and I should have the money for it.

But in any case, I was about done with Standard anyways, gonna start some peeps in Ambush now. This time, I have to do it without the BoR or any twinked/donated gear, so I'll be following Sovyn's build to the letter.
Last edited by K0rrupted on Mar 21, 2014, 12:29:34 AM
"
K0rrupted wrote:
"
Vulpix0r wrote:

Oh well, life goes on, and really all I need now are a better shield and gauntlets (been using the same Gauntlets since Cruel rofl). A couple weeks of playing and I should have the money for it.

But in any case, I was about done with Standard anyways, gonna start some peeps in Ambush now. This time, I have to do it without the BoR or any twinked/donated gear, so I'll be following Sovyn's build to the letter.

Lemme know if you are starting Ambush, I can give you a nice shiny Crest to help you out with your leveling. Bloody game dropped 3 for me already, I corrupted one and got an interesting rare shield instead:

Lol. So yeah, come join us in Ambush. It's a ton of fun with the strongboxes and the little corrupted area surprises.
"
K0rrupted wrote:

Well, if you ever feel with parting with that BoR, get in touch with me... ; )

Not that I can afford it of course, but a man can dream can't he?!?!?! /grin
"
Vulpix0r wrote:
Lemme know if you are starting Ambush, I can give you a nice shiny Crest to help you out with your leveling. Bloody game dropped 3 for me already, I corrupted one and got an interesting rare shield instead:

Lol. So yeah, come join us in Ambush. It's a ton of fun with the strongboxes and the little corrupted area surprises.

Ouch, didn't link it before corrupting it? Or just a really unlucky reroll?
"
Saviourself wrote:
"
Vulpix0r wrote:

Ouch, didn't link it before corrupting it? Or just a really unlucky reroll?

I linked them all with 3 red sockets, but it still screwed me over.
"
Saviourself wrote:

The biggest problem? Unlike cleave (or heavy strike), when you stall due to an extra attack that hits no one (desync or just overenthusiastic shift clicking)causing a lack of mana, you just stand there rather than doing your default physical attack... Be nice if any melee attack would default back to a standard hit to take advantage of any % mana drain items you have.

Tested this with 2% mana drain and no mana leech and it wasn't enough to keep up.

Reave is even better with faster attacks rather than mana leech support. I can keep up almost always with my 2% mana leech ring + a little mana regen and flat mana/int on gear. Level 18 reduced mana support on the auras. I know the lack of default attack is annoying (intentional, according to the devs) but reave is well worth this small annoyance.
"
K0rrupted wrote:

I guess a noob like me learned a harsh lesson over these few days: Exalts are for saving, not for using.

I'm afraid this is quite true. Even as self found, I'm not gong to use the one exalt I found, just in case I ever decide to trade.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
K0rrupted wrote:

I'm afraid this is quite true. Even as self found, I'm not gong to use the one exalt I found, just in case I ever decide to trade.

That one time I actually used an exalt was near the end of Domination, and I used it on my 1h axe. Got me 16-27 physical damage, not too bad I guess.
"
Saviourself wrote:
"
K0rrupted wrote:

Well, if you ever feel with parting with that BoR, get in touch with me... ; )

Not that I can afford it of course, but a man can dream can't he?!?!?! /grin

I'll give it to you if I find another one, or in a few months anyways when I probably have to quit this game cause med school gets difficult.

That's why I prefer gear-independent builds tbh, I don't have as much time to play as the rich folks.
Last edited by K0rrupted on Mar 21, 2014, 11:33:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info