[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
K0rrupted wrote:
That's gonna cost several Exa, right? I'm going for around a 250-ish DPS Phys Sword for a Reave build, I'm not sure how easy or hard it will be to get a good shield though.

I've been trying to get such a Sword over the last weeks as well to finally get rid of Melee Splash + Dual Strike in favor of Reave, but prices (in Standard) only seem to start from 3 or 4 Exalted for such weapons. I start to get why some people don't like the Standard economy that much...
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
Last edited by scrooge999 on Mar 14, 2014, 4:09:07 AM
Hi,just wanted to ask,why are u investing 3 skill points in Berserking and not in Aspect of the panther.
Berserking and the 2 skills before gives u only 18% attack speed,
Aspect of the panther gives u much more.
"
Saviourself wrote:

"
Sovyn wrote:
Make a newbie shadow and get your reave gem from the first quest. Swap it to templar. Grab your best sword or claw out of the stash. Better than cleave with sub-par weapon (like mine).

Saw a dagger on the trade chan the other day (I know your self found ;) that made my 300 dps axe look like a joke... 730 odd DPS platinum dagger...

I don't think keyboards are meant to deal with that sort of sudden rush of drool... \8 |

Nice dps on that dagger! I'm sure it would be the in "very rich folks" category. We can use daggers, but the INT requirements are a little bit high on some of them. With a little INT on gear, doable for some.
"
K0rrupted wrote:
If we were Dualwielding, I think Duelist is the best choice

No question about it. :)
"
monkeydave wrote:
So I've been running this build, I'm up to level 40, but I suck big time. I do no damage, I am not that tanky, I am CONSTANTLY running out of mana. I assume it gets better at higher levels, but so far, I am having a rough go of it.

My gear sucks. I hate to bother trying to actually search out mid level crap to replace it, but at the same time, I can't seem to effectively level without joining a pub party and being a leech.

Any advice? I just took the Armor and Life node near Steel Skin.

Since any character in PoE is heavily dependent on their gear (this build less than most though) you have to either:

1) Farm for a long time

2) Trade for a long time

This build is great and fun to play with decent gear (like mine, on first page), and with truly great gear (which most of us aspire towards), does enough DPS to clear quite quickly (packs die in 2-3 sec). So the potential is there.

I suggest farming an easy area, perhaps cruel ledge. You will get a few levels and some orbs and maybe rare/unique items that you can use over time. Some of your items won't be hard to upgrade.

Best of luck!
"
LazyZunde wrote:

would Hyrri's Ire armour be any good for this build? i know you lose 50% of armour and es for acro but the evade you get from it is silly

Well, you are using a staff, so I'm not sure you would have 75 block. And, with that armour you won't have phase acrobatics, or the nodes in between, which probably are the reason to go with acro to start with. And, no life on it. And, lower armour (not a very big factor for big hits, but still). I assume granite flasks would not work as well. And, you would get hit really hard very rarely, which could kill you given all of the above combined. So, not an ideal choice.
"
K0rrupted wrote:

That's gonna cost several Exa, right? I'm going for around a 250-ish DPS Phys Sword for a Reave build, I'm not sure how easy or hard it will be to get a good shield though.

I decided to do the Reave build because after 103 Chromatics (I counted), my BoR won't roll all Reds, which I need for Groundslam/Multistrike/Bloodmagic/Added Fire.

Instead I have this.

Which I've decided to use with Reave/ConcEffect/Multistrike/Bloodmagic.

This will be the shield I use to level, but endgame I'm gonna need something better. Hopefully it won't be too hard or expensive to find/make one:

It's easier to get a decent sword/claw/dagger than a decent mace. So, reave is great, just as well.

Shields - you can get a Crest or a Daresso's for not too much. Rares, comes down to luck. But that's for the rich people for the most part as mentioned in the guide (if you want a perfect shield).
"
Sovyn wrote:
It's easier to get a decent sword/claw/dagger than a decent mace. So, reave is great, just as well.

Shields - you can get a Crest or a Daresso's for not too much. Rares, comes down to luck. But that's for the rich people for the most part as mentioned in the guide (if you want a perfect shield).

I'll use those then, until I buy a 1000+ Eva Vaal Buckler (I PM'd a seller, but he dropped off the face of the earth). I don't really care about perfection, otherwise this game would drive me insane with its RNG lol. I just want to be able to get this guy to level 80 and enjoy maps and kill Merc Dom.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAmSubLb2Bq8VHfmVNhNluaVjbJd--p1Pf0k2bg6yvwA-E7-eR1e1hIXTtw4ZqkxpVeu8ZtGSjYEvK0zboBS0s6a-iAedAoN0NFSAQ8KcwJJueuZAK_MWD257NFCByu4CKVvpnoLcX_EtVtVBHuc33Te4OdEGHdjiWznHBBBiRoW0a2yP2d9dKfWwWXz_5Y9fL7_B_K_MG458V8LfTWkjWiqC0Jy86WD3i-6rvDgR-SO7kUbyfhxl4rhut566krNN-kHTyL311i0_-ulivRmkb-qQZ

This is an adapted version of your build that I'm using for a Sword Reave build, giving up Resolute Technique (though the Sword, extra Dex, and Finesse should cover some of that) and some block nodes (covered by BoR) in exchange for more life and damage, and starting as a Duelist. It still uses Ondar's Guile and max Block.
Last edited by K0rrupted on Mar 15, 2014, 3:45:06 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
LazyZunde wrote:

would Hyrri's Ire armour be any good for this build? i know you lose 50% of armour and es for acro but the evade you get from it is silly

Well, you are using a staff, so I'm not sure you would have 75 block. And, with that armour you won't have phase acrobatics, or the nodes in between, which probably are the reason to go with acro to start with. And, no life on it. And, lower armour (not a very big factor for big hits, but still). I assume granite flasks would not work as well. And, you would get hit really hard very rarely, which could kill you given all of the above combined. So, not an ideal choice.

k thanks

i get 19% block from passives and the most block on a staff is 18% then if i got BoR and anvil that would give 62% block so yeah not gunna get max block like a shield can

really want them to add a new unique staff with mods like what kongor's has but with an extra 30% block chance haha
Playing this, I'm at level 55, 1.7k HP in A3 merci and have 1.4k single-target and 570 AoE DPS. Any suggestions? I'm getting stunned a ton. This is what I'm using:

Last edited by Polarization on Mar 16, 2014, 12:52:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info