[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Hey I'm trying out your build now, how far do you think
Spoiler
will get me endgame? It's the highest physical dps 1-hander I've got right now. Do you think the low aps will kill any hope of it doing well? Probably going to use your build when the new 4 month leagues come out.
"
Saf3tyhazard wrote:
Hey I'm trying out your build now, how far do you think
Spoiler
will get me endgame? It's the highest physical dps 1-hander I've got right now. Do you think the low aps will kill any hope of it doing well? Probably going to use your build when the new 4 month leagues come out.

Hi Saf3tyhazard! Yes, that weapon is pretty nice, I don't think you will have any problems solo or in small groups (3) in maps with that weapon. It might be desirable to kill Merciless Dominus a bit faster, but it can be done with that because the build is designed to 'take a punch.' Just avoid the fist of god, as it's called. :D Don't forget that quality on reave and some of the recommended support gems adds attack speed. If you have some of the other gear from the 'rich folks' sections, so much the better. :)
Last edited by Sovyn on Feb 16, 2014, 3:02:15 AM
Spoiler

Will be my gear for the most part, ignore the rare necklace as I'm going to be using my Stone of Lahzwar. Ignore the gems as well as this gear is all sitting on my flame totem templar. Will upgrade the shield eventually. Haven't calculated what my resists are going to be once I level this guy, so that's the reason for the multiple rings, probably going to staple the 2% mana leech ring though. Thanks for the quick reply by the way, I appreciate it.
Last edited by Saf3tyhazard on Feb 16, 2014, 3:27:16 AM
"
Saf3tyhazard wrote:

Will be my gear for the most part, ignore the rare necklace as I'm going to be using my Stone of Lahzwar. Ignore the gems as well as this gear is all sitting on my flame totem templar.

Looks good! All you should need to do is re-roll the socket colors on the chest.
Yeah I plan to lol, thinking about using a meginords as well but then I'll have to find another source of chaos resist.
Finally, an update. I adjusted all of the progression builds to be more congruous with the skill tree on my testing character.

The end result is that we start taking a handful of key damage related nodes around level 80. (Amplify, Berserking, and the 12% damage/6% life)
Hey guys, I`m just wondering how fares your dps after taking all the damage nodes in this build? Does it pack enough punch for end-game?
That guide is pretty good, the passive tree is already heavily optimized. I changed some skills for group play (e.g. if you play with a Summoner and lots of Auras):

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAhMREckA2I020-fAfBLOiAIFvnjxN2Ix2OtjsOBo4p4SQVcAaWfNmnqyq-tIn7XKpcH026R0U89182fcyqZWAVuNqj0ZMNfjrGjJPfdDQpwgoxUGqUWDPZbiT877xihRxVcYMfSdPpzAQfwHn974UIMaeNuhQR1iveA2pbr6KFz5sRrXyAdxybG6qNZKkGTIJSsj-jxv6TeMl36ZXhNkxnm5pWNu-p1Pf0k2bg6yvwA-E7-eRdO3DhnrvYEsFLUCgIWCeuXTxGNtbr90N_MVW-meg7g50QYd2Gtt310p918t_K7fT1oo94kjuG60Dh5Vm

Effective Changes compared to the Original:
+30 Strength
+10 Intelligence

+25 Maximum Life
-60% Maximum Life (Hurts the most I think)

+22% Physical Damage
+6% Attack Speed
-8% Area Damage
-12% Radius of Area Skills

-2% Chance to Block

+2% Maximum Fire/Cold/Lightning Resistance

+24% Increased Effect of Buffs on You (Important in my party)

+4% Movement Speed
+2% Energy Shield
"
ata wrote:
Hey guys, I`m just wondering how fares your dps after taking all the damage nodes in this build? Does it pack enough punch for end-game?

Hi ata. :) Depends on gear, we have lazy pallies that do anywhere from 2K to 30K DPS and everything in between with my build. Around 16K seems pretty common with the usual items that casual traders have. That would be more with vulnerability on CWDT, of course.
"
daish0 wrote:
That guide is pretty good, the passive tree is already heavily optimized. I changed some skills for group play (e.g. if you play with a Summoner and lots of Auras):

Effective Changes compared to the Original:
+30 Strength
+10 Intelligence

+25 Maximum Life
-60% Maximum Life (Hurts the most I think)

+22% Physical Damage
+6% Attack Speed
-8% Area Damage
-12% Radius of Area Skills

-2% Chance to Block

+2% Maximum Fire/Cold/Lightning Resistance

+24% Increased Effect of Buffs on You (Important in my party)

+4% Movement Speed
+2% Energy Shield

Ho, daish0. :) Looks alright. I'd say that Aspect of the Panther is not that great because you have a wasted point leading into it, so you really have to divide its benefits in half. I'd say take Seasoned Sinew instead (44% damage). You can get the one additional point from the 10% resist node if your gear is decent, or from a block node if you have BoR/Anvil.

I'd also take 20% life over elemental adaptation and just work a purity or two into your group aura setup, pertinent to the area/encounter.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info