[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

OK folks.... Inner Force.

After 0.11, I gain only the following bonuses from the 5 passive skill points it takes to get Inner Force:

- 4 more to elemental resistances (no overcap)
- 8% more armor
- 598 additional evasion (something not right here, should be only 182, but whatever)
- 23 additional DPS from Tempest Shield

Before the patch, these bonuses were stronger. (The Inner Force cluster was nerfed from 30% to only 18%.)

Also, Tempest Shield's 4% blocking bonus was previously buffed to 5% with Inner Force. Not so any more.

I think these 5 points are now better spent elsewhere and will be releasing a new version of the build without it which will replace the build in the guide.
Sounds good!
Good idea dropping Inner Force. I just dropped it too on your suggestion and picked up 300 DPS and 300 Life with other nodes I grabbed.
Hey I've been keeping an eye on your progress for a while, and with the recent respec I thought I'd try it out. So far I'm loving it - I'm also a casual player and can't spend too much time farming/trading for specific gear. So thank you, I'm really enjoying my Templar again! And let me be the first to say my gear is horrible.

P.S. I added the "Stone of Lazhwar" amulet to my build. It turns a bunch of that melee chance to block, into block for spells. It's working great.

Anyway - thanks again!
Last edited by tylerj on Jun 7, 2013, 12:45:14 AM
"
tylerj wrote:
Hey I've been keeping an eye on your progress for a while, and with the recent respec I thought I'd try it out. So far I'm loving it - I'm also a casual player and can't spend too much time farming/trading for specific gear. So thank you, I'm really enjoying my Templar again! And let me be the first to say my gear is horrible.

P.S. I added the "Stone of Lazhwar" amulet to my build. It turns a bunch of that melee chance to block, into block for spells. It's working great.

Anyway - thanks again!

Thanks for posting- I'm glad this has been helpful! :D

A slight update to the guide for 0.11 is in the works, stay tuned.
as i got the right armor atm, i tried to pick up elemental equilibrium and got me a spell totem + arc + faster casting + chain.
I just made sure i haven't got + dmg of other elemental types on gear, couldnt avoid +fire dmg though, but thats okay because spell totem hitting fast - without that, it would be great.

doing great atm with glacial hammer or infernal blow, cant decide what to use though and dominating blow is still an option though, but useless with EE.

Somehow I tend to stick with infernal blow (can run anger aura), plus added fire dmg and "Lava Lash" (30% increased fire dmg with weapons) @marauder area or i should I go for the glacial hammer (with + chill duration and "Ice Bite" @duelist).

as for grp play, being the only one using EE, can be troublesome.
sad that i cant turn it off and on when i need it, but if you tend to solo farm you can try that out. a lot of things need to be tested out though...

Last edited by gloobonious on Jun 7, 2013, 1:50:51 AM
Yeah, I would personally stick with infernal blow. It can be a monster.
"
gloobonious wrote:
or i should I go for the glacial hammer (with + chill duration and "Ice Bite" @duelist).

With the chill duration on your armor, I'd think that Glacial Hammer would be a logical choice. You can flesh it out with multistrike/melee splash support(s).

I don't think the Ice Bite node would be worth the points. It would only be a small boost. Glacial converts physical damage so you should be set.
Alright, here it is! The new Path of Exile 0.11 build!

- removed inner force per 0.11 nerf
- removed Catalyse per 0.11 nerf
- removed crystal skin
- removed alchemist
- removed 7% attack speed
- removed 1% blocking (I am assuming at least 37% block shield)

- resolute technique is now present in the final build
- added 52% armor
- added 30% "enemy critical strike multiplier reduction"
- added 42 maximum life
- added 1.9% life regen
- added 40% increased block recovery

Link to passive skill tree

Stats & Buffs

Stats
+322 to Strength
+174 to Dexterity
+82 to Intelligence

Buffs
+2 to Melee Weapon and Unarmed range

Defense

Life
+72 to maximum Life
218% increased maximum Life
5.4% of Life Regenerated per Second
2% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched back as Life

Mana
8% increased maximum Mana

Resistances
+74% to Fire Resistance
+44% to Cold Resistance
+44% to Lightning Resistance
+2% to maximum Fire Resistance
+2% to maximum Cold Resistance
+2% to maximum Lightning Resistance

Armour
84% increased Armour
Ignore all Movement Penalties from Armour

Evasion
32% increased Evasion Rating
Doubles chance to Evade Projectile Attacks (Arrow Dodging keystone)

Block and Stun
34% additional Shield Block Chance
12% of Block Chance applied to Spells
40% increased Block Recovery
110% increased Defences from equipped Shield

Miscellaneous
You take 30% reduced Extra Damage from Critical Strikes

Offense

Accuracy
Your hits can't be Evaded (Resolute Technique keystone)

Attack and Cast Speed
30% increased Attack Speed

Elemental Damage
16% increased Elemental Damage with Weapons
20% increased Shock Duration on enemies
20% Chance to Shock the enemy on hit with Lightning Damage

Physical Damage
123% increased Melee Physical Damage
Let me start by thanking you for your time in posting and responding to everyone as well. First, where do you receive your block recovery from (I didn't see it in the nodes). Second, I've searched through the forums and the wiki and I only found one posting that said "There's no benefit from Block Recover". Can you or anyone else confirm that there is no benefit?

"
Sovyn wrote:

- added 40% increased block recovery

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info