[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Hierokliff wrote:
Did pick the "Berserking" node, that is 15% attack speed, and boy it is awesome. wish i had gone for it alot earlier. The benefit from that extra attack speed is so good i did start to wonder if i should remove "resolute technique" and switch to "finesse" 8% attackspeed, 20% increased accuracy, +20dex.

Now numbercrunching makes my head hurt, so what do you think?

Atleast next time i die and start to make a templar ill gofor "berserking" as soon as possible, especially if i use a sword, having 95% chance to hit is easy come while leveling.

And "inner force" circle, is so close but are they worth it? So far ive thought no. But atm, removing two 6% life node and the 30+10+12% armor nodes, while using 5auras, is also making my head hurt by thinking about it... guess i go stomp on some skeletons and get another level.

Nope. :) Without RT your chance to hit will be like 70-80%. That's a huge amount of lost damage and leech. Folks without Soul Taker might even run out of mana due to failed leeches and not be able to attack with their skill at all, losing even more DPS.

Berserking is nice indeed. I may consider moving its priority up in the official builds -- I had to get blocking and life nodes first though..... we shall see.

I always suggest a weapon with increased attack speed on it as well. Makes a big difference.

Inner force was nerfed hard a while back and I removed it from the build at that time. It's not worth the 5 points anymore. GGG is also nerfing the auras again in a few days, so we won't be able to run 5 auras anymore anyway, making Inner Force even less attractive. To all -- If you have Inner Force now, don't worry, you will get a full respec on the 23rd to fix it, so don't use any regrets just now.

PS Grats on 79 HC!
Last edited by Sovyn on Oct 18, 2013, 6:17:25 PM
Great build, I love it, insane survivibility.
I use this gear

This is my build http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAecEsQSzBS0UIBjbGS4aMho4GlUa2xutHRQhYCNNI_Yn7SjFMgkyiTQ1Nug26T3iQDZAoERyR35I7kp9TDVMYE99UEdRYFPfVcZW-lcNV-JY21nzWkhbr2BLYSFko2VNZp5noG5pcql07XTxeu982YBWhMSE2YTvh3aPRpAKkFWVZpuDnrmezaC0ogCnMKeEqZWrxayqrK-0-bfTud2-p8APwBrBB89l0NDSIdJN1I_XftfL2WHdDeNq7DjuDu8O707v8PAf8i_zvve--tL7qvzF

I can facetank huge pack of mobs in very hard maps without problems. Thief's Torment and The Anvil is very usefull, I use Purity, Determination and Grace on mana and have 150 mana left, alway full, just switch determination and grace with Haste and Hatred if I need more dps. The only boss I can't facetank is Piety, I plan to get Crystal Skin and Avoid Shock at lvl 100.

My gear/build combo pros:
-11k armor and 3.8k evasion, with better chest will be higher
-Cannot be frozen and 25% to avoid chilled, thanks to Alpha's Howl
-78% attack block and 29% spell block, every block I gain 39 hp and 17 mana
-Very high attack speed, every hit on every mob I gain 24hp and 15 mana
-Area of effect increase of Reave isn't a problem with insane attack speed, I pratically always run at lvl 8 area of effect
-Low chaos resist isn't a problem, we get small amount of hits from mobs
-I have about 3.4k hp, is over we need with this build
-9.2k dps now (with a 5L), but gems are not lvl 20/20 and the sword can be better
-50% effect of curses is great

My gear/build combo cons:
-Sucks vs Piety, and generally vs shock damage
-Lucky bosses that hits hard can crit twice. I died 2 times from high lvl bosses by crits.

My gear/build plan to improve my char:
-Better sword
-6L chest with concentrated effect, I think will reach about 20k dps
-with a 6L chest I can switch a gem with Blind or Life gain on hit for a huge boost on survivibility on insane maps
-A 2th Thief's Torment ring, I heard that can wear two of this

My 2 cents. Ah, sorry for my bad english :D
Last edited by tasll on Oct 19, 2013, 2:39:21 PM
"
tommigee wrote:
"
Hierokliff wrote:
Now numbercrunching makes my head hurt, so what do you think?

16k with melee splash is really nice!!
are you thinking about getting quality inf blow and melee splash?
...I'm definitely going for berserking as well, currently don't have it yet (lvl 82).

So did find 5 GCP and use them on melee splash. doubt 5% increased AoE will help, but atm, anything that helps is worth trying :-) I really doubt i would notice getting +quality on multistrike or WED. Did try a +10% physdamage node, and my damage did go up about 1%. so getting damage nodes is very low priority still.
Well time to go visit Lunaris again...
"
tasll wrote:
I use this gear

Glad you like it! Thanks for the detailed feedback. Nice combination of uniques. :)

Spell block is a little low due to lack of Lazhwar, but still nice combo -- maybe try a Lazhwar with Piety, might make the difference.

I too noticed that, with my fast weapon and the attack speed nodes we get, Reave was pretty much instantly at 8 charges in my testing.
Hi will this build still be viable with the anticipated nerf to auras? Love the concept but starting from scratch just ripped my level 72 ranger. This build is HC viable correct? Thanks so much for the great guide.
"
Shanopla wrote:
Hi will this build still be viable with the anticipated nerf to auras? Love the concept but starting from scratch just ripped my level 72 ranger. This build is HC viable correct? Thanks so much for the great guide.

This build will possibly be even better after the changes as the auras will be buffed. We just won't be able to use as many. The defensive ones won't be a problem. So we may get even more armour and evasion. We will lose a little bit of DPS possibly though as we may lose Hatred. That's tolerable.

Any melee build is risky in hardcore, but this one would be one of the safest possible for a facetank. I'd add enduring cry and granite flasks to the mix for hardcore. The new trigger gems should handle the enduring cry without much hassle.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
tasll wrote:
I use this gear

Glad you like it! Thanks for the detailed feedback. Nice combination of uniques. :)

Spell block is a little low due to lack of Lazhwar, but still nice combo -- maybe try a Lazhwar with Piety, might make the difference.

I too noticed that, with my fast weapon and the attack speed nodes we get, Reave was pretty much instantly at 8 charges in my testing.

I have a Stone of Lazhwar, but I think that the Anvil offer better bonus, every bonus is in sinergy for ur build, think at mana gain on block and +3% max block change, and with +10% block I don't need to spent another 3/4 skill points to +%block.
"
tasll wrote:

I have a Stone of Lazhwar, but I think that the Anvil offer better bonus, every bonus is in sinergy for ur build, think at mana gain on block and +3% max block change, and with +10% block I don't need to spent another 3/4 skill points to +%block.

You could very well be right, however, I mention it as I have no trouble with Piety's lightning so I wanted to suggest what could be the cause of the difficulty you mentioned. :)

Keep us posted how you fare if you progress to even higher map tiers. :)
Last edited by Sovyn on Oct 20, 2013, 2:15:52 AM
"
tasll wrote:

The only boss I can't facetank is Piety

Hi
cant really understand why you have problems with Piety, do you use reave against her or do you switch to viper/doublestrike? If you have problems with her in her lightning form, bring a Topaz Flask, especially one with armor increase. Then you can use it as a reserv granite flask if needed.

Oh you havent gone for Ondar's Guile, that could also be a reason why you got problems with Piety? Atm my only problem with her is that she runs away before i get to kill her so i have to move and hit attack again.

Thanks for linking your build, are a few levels behind you, and not really sure what to go for next. any +6% hp feels "wasted", so maybe ill try go for aspect of the panther, since any attack speed bonus works great with life leech besides the increase aps.
//Hiero
Last edited by Hierokliff on Oct 20, 2013, 4:46:35 AM
"
Shanopla wrote:

I only play HC (atm atleast...) and i think its the most fun build there. Before i found a facebreaker i thought it was slow in leveling. But a 800% facebreaker and a crest of perandus shield, takes you from level 16 to 60 without wanting to look at any other weapon/shield. If you have the unique daggers (level 20 & 35) and like reave, its a great skill for leveling also.

Atm i dont feel i must use auras at all, it speeds up things alot, especially haste/hatred. My resists are above 75% on all 3 without purity, since i dont like being cursed by frostbite then standing still. For those parts i turn on purity so ive got almost 75% resists after the curses also.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info