A couple of synergy questions for my EK build!

I'm playing ZiggyD's beginner EK build and right now and my 5L is

EK, Faster Projectiles, Spell Echo, Added Fire, and Life leech

I was thinking about getting a Cherrubim's Maleficence for the sole reason of it looking cool and thought it was a good idea to at least get something out of it. Ziggy also recommends a Ming's Heart.

Cherrubim's Maleficence
Triumphant Lamellar
Armour: (704 to 813)
Evasion Rating: (884 to 1020)
Requires Level 69, 95 Str, 116 Dex
(10-20)% increased Chaos Damage
(160-200)% increased Armour and Evasion
+(70-100) to maximum Life
30% increased Life Leech Rate

Ming's Heart
Amethyst Ring
Requires Level 69
+(9 to 13)% to Chaos Resistance
15% reduced maximum Life
15% reduced maximum Energy Shield
+(40 to 50)% to Chaos Resistance
Gain 20% of Physical Damage as Extra Chaos Damage

So here are my questions:

1. I currently have a low rolled Phys Doryani's (22% phys) With the 30% life leech rate do you think I could drop the support gem? Or does the "rate" change the way it scales?

2. The build also calls for a Ming's Heart for some chaos res and nice chaos damage. I wanted to know if the chaos damage from Ming's and Cherrubim's scale together.

3. If I am using the Added fire support gem, could I also use a Added chaos or would they not work if linked together?

4. Would the Added chaos support gem synergize with Ming's and Cherrubim's?

5. When I eventually get a 6L, what do you recommend I use for the extra slot? I was thinking about using Empower since EK scales mostly with gem level.

tl;dr Does Added fire, added chaos, Cherrubim's Maleficence, and Ming's Heart all work together? And should I drop the Life leech support gem if I have a doryani's and the Life leech rate from Cherrubim's?

Thank You very much!
1) You will still leech the same amount, I don't think you can drop leech support.

2) Of course, 20% from ming's heart will be also scaled by the bonus on cherubim. Of course, next to all your spell damage from tree and gear it won't be a significant bonus, but it will work.

3) You can, daamge effectiveness of EK is 100% so added chaos will provide ~45% of your base damage which is pretty good.

4) Damage of added chaos gem will be scaled by spell damage and chaos on cherubim or passives, but not physical damage bonuses, unlike the chaos damage you got from ming's heart. Ming's heart doesn't scale anything, it provides base damage based on your physical base).

5) No need, empower is expensive to buy and very time consuming to level. You can go for faster casting or something, empower would provide you with 20% dps which a quality faster casting can easily best (unless you already got way over 100% increased cast speed).
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Sep 14, 2014, 11:29:24 AM
"
raics wrote:
1) You will still leech the same amount, I don't think you can drop leech support.

2) Of course, 20% from ming's heart will be also scaled by the bonus on cherubim. Of course, next to all your spell damage from tree and gear it won't be a significant bonus, but it will work.

3) You can, daamge effectiveness of EK is 100% so added chaos will provide ~45% of your base damage which is pretty good.

4) Damage of added chaos gem will be scaled by spell damage and chaos on cherubim or passives, but not physical damage bonuses, unlike the chaos damage you got from ming's heart. Ming's heart doesn't scale anything, it provides base damage based on your physical base).

5) No need, empower is expensive to buy and very time consuming to level. You can go for faster casting or something, empower would provide you with 20% dps which a quality faster casting can easily best (unless you already got way over 100% increased cast speed).

Thank you very much!

But, what exactly does the "Life leech rate" mean then?
Default life leech rate is 20% of your max health. If you have 5000 health it means you can absorb leeched life at a rate of 1000 per second, so if you leech, say, 2000 health it takes 2 seconds to transfer it to your health.

With 30% increased life leech rate it would take 1,5s to transfer those 2000 life to your pool, but you would still get 2000 life.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Oh I see, Thank you very much!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info