Vagan's "Hits can't be evaded" mod & dual wield

Does this mod only apply to the weapon it's attached to? For example, if I use dual strike with a Vagan weapon and a non-vagan weapon, does only the vagan weapon get the bonus?

In my testing I equipped a vagan and non-vagan weapon. On my character sheet my chance to hit was listed as the average of my two weapons. (Vagan had 100% chance, other had 88%, character sheet gave 96%).

Now, if I use an ability like cleave with this dual wield, what I would expect is that the Vagan weapon will have 100% chance to hit and my other weapon will have only 88% chance on one cleave (thus one weapon could miss, but the other would not).

For further testing I used Leap slam with a mace + a Vagan dagger. Leap slam will only use my main hand weapon (and daggers can't do leap slam anyway!). My chance to hit was still listed as the average; however, I would assume this to be a character sheet bug and that my real chance to hit would just be the mace's hit chance.

If anybody has more knowledge, this would be great. Thanks!
@Moylin (Beyond)
Last edited by Avelice on Sep 14, 2014, 12:29:25 AM
In PoE, main and off hand can have different accuracy ratings, iE one weapon is a sword with %accuracy or one weapon has a flat accuracy affix.
Same goes for crit.

So there are two possible outcomes:

a) an average "chance to hit" is applied like it is displayed in your character sheet (similar to attack speed calculation while dualwielding weapons with different aps)
b) it is possible to hit/crit with one weapon while missing/non-critting with the other, like it is also displayed in your stats ("main/off hand acurracy rating")

The wiki doesn't tell anything about it, and mathematically it leads to the same result.

I've played a lot of Dualwield but actually can't tell you which solution they chose.
But don't worry, it does not matter.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info