[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

Do the gems have to be that exact level or can they be higher level?
"

It doesn't matter (i think you are confusing yourself with Cast when damage taken). Higher the level, better the damage, if you can equip them.
"
commonjunks wrote:
"

It doesn't matter (i think you are confusing yourself with Cast when damage taken). Higher the level, better the damage, if you can equip them.

Ok thanks
Hi I'm currently lvl 85 in the 1MSC.

Here's my gear:

Spoiler

My current tree:
Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAPfxYY8bYjM_2SF8_7w4UIBo-6dV5OX7ins3SIdl8ggfyQSW8378OPBRxSsQsp_auGS7ZYVcNCfbUfAYOJ-1o8q9sTP88LcT2ogDwH8BmBLOQVScv7DiCm-0g4XPAGho4euZxhWP9RtexQtq57TyaO9Wm0f2nlLiTMtFFR_iTjEYrthDMxq7Yvf4Ktz618jWSSshuqvm9BqBkhD8nBAcfAjbF2CSnCFXGg9s6WOxVKo1JGzbY8WysmIdlr7cyNCycEFja3cQVffU=

For 5L: Do we want (Flame Totem + GMP + Faster Casting + Faster Proj) with Added Chaos Damage or Fire Pen? My Fire Pen is 12%, but I was looking to try and buy a leveled Chaos Damage.

Gear: What can I look to improve next? Most recent purchases include divining the 40% life (!!!), 5L'ing it in 80~ fuse, and buying Apep's. I also have Heartbreaker for when I group to cull.

Tree: Not sure if I should try to get the clusters by Scion Start Command of Steel/Profane Chemistry, more life, or just go finish Templar starting for spell/ele damage.

Any other suggestions would be great, thanks! Great build!

"
victorlee wrote:

For 5L: Do we want (Flame Totem + GMP + Faster Casting + Faster Proj) with Added Chaos Damage or Fire Pen? My Fire Pen is 12%, but I was looking to try and buy a leveled Chaos Damage.

Gear: What can I look to improve next? Most recent purchases include divining the 40% life (!!!), 5L'ing it in 80~ fuse, and buying Apep's. I also have Heartbreaker for when I group to cull.

Tree: Not sure if I should try to get the clusters by Scion Start Command of Steel/Profane Chemistry, more life, or just go finish Templar starting for spell/ele damage.

Any other suggestions would be great, thanks! Great build!

nice build!

for the 6L, go added chaos, easily the best 6L for my taste in the 1.3-state of the game.

Keep fire pen if you dont run multiple added element gems. it affects every monster, even it they don't have fire res. check wiki for the importance of penetration.

suggestion for your boots setup: get a vaal lightning trap for shocking bosses and THEN put vaal summon skellies, vaal haste and inc duration in the rest. Sticky situations / tricky boxes or a wild igna are cake :)

Vaal skellies are like 34 or 35 at once, with a general that has some utility. Vaal haste applies to totems with high cast speed and affects your minions + you as well. the vaal light trap just shocks on ground, so the dmg / prolif not needed and you have a kind of a safety net.

this is waht I use in HC atm, SC it can be more yolo ofc :)
IGN: WildTortillaFart
hey guys, first time playing this build and i have to say i have a VERY hard time...

atm lvl 35 and my totem ( no 2nd totem yet, getting to it in 3-4 lvls ) dies insanely fast all the time

bosses onehit my totem and it does almost no dmg.. i have to do most dmg with fire trap which i have aswell..

idk what to do, but atm its frustrating because all magic and rare mobs + bosses kill my totem in 1-2 hits :S

any suggestions for me ?

edit: now when i got dual totem and totem life it got much better !

enjoying the build now

guess its the hard mods that made it look weak before

those beyond spawns with stormcalls etc rips the totems quite fast
Last edited by Freez3r on May 20, 2015, 8:00:24 AM
hey Freezer

I changed to dual totems (Ancestral Bond Keystone) at lvl 50 / 51 in HC, simply because I went the safety route of more HP / armor first before totem nodes.

Since we're BM, you can recast the totem and use skills yourself.

What really shined for me before the total AB switch: Firetrap and Firestorm, they have good coverage and didnt feel clunky with all my nodes taken.

IGN: WildTortillaFart
One thing I noticed about this game is people either go super tanky doing no dps and can't do dps to take down uber atziri or people go full on crit dps and are super squishy why is that?

Is there no happy medium?

I see high dps builds that one shot everything doing 200k+ dps and it doesnt look fun as it makes mechanics not challenging.

I like being tanky but I want my char to have a nice high dps cap if I worked really hard on my gear.

Unfortunaltly I find most skills in this game rather boring to use but I do love dual totems.

Should I even bother with a build like this if im trying to push hard content as fast as I can go or am I gonna be disappointed with the dps?

There is such little info out there about totems in 2.0 I watched ur vid's and they are informative but it's still hard to decide if totems will be strong as say one of these 350k puncture tornado shot builds if you work hard enough.

Any info I would love you long time :]
I am at lvl 66 now, starting with lvl66 maps with some mods and I have absolute no problem with the regular monsters, just in some cases there are blue monster packs like this "tentacle machine gun things" that kill my totems extremely fast.

Only big problem I have are the boss room on the maps, there are too many mobs + the boss and it really cost nearly my RIP (playing HC).

Is this build really end game viable?

Thx!
Hey all,

First off, big thanks to OP for this build! I just hit level 75 mark, and I had an absolute blast!

Here is my dilemma. I feel like now that i'm level 75, i'm not sure where to go with this.. Are there gear upgrades you recommend at this point? I'm at 20k dps now, and just tear through everything...

I'm about to start a new character only because I feel like this is about all I can do with him..

Spoiler

I would love any advice anyone can be. I really enjoyed leveling, but its wierd.. as soon as I put on my new weapon I was like... ok.. now what...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info