[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

Unfortunatly EE doesn't work with Flame totems as the totems will "re-proc" the effect and make the monsters take less fire damage :)

I tried reply to your post 1412 but for some reason the forum commands made the message look pretty weird :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
This build looks really fun, thoughts on running this build with a Kaom's + Staff

Found this bad boy and got really interested in a spell fire build.
Your 44 point build is as follows:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_FCAaPu8OfuJ5OenVns3SIfJBVw2CB9lh2XwZLhRxJ-0OPMT23788LUz_r2xo8vAfogDhc5o7gpvsOCcvkFUaOMAaZp5Y5cMTWiuj8g==

I was wondering if this 45 point build is more worth it?
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEADjwUIBRxGS4aOBo-Jy8n7SkuPC09_Ez_Vw1YY1jlWitfP2aeaPJ5OXy4fuKCB4KbjM-QVZo7ogCj8q9swBrDE8T2xtjSIdlh2Xzfv-Fz7DjvDvAf8azyQfZI

The change is southwest of the marauder start, instead of going further south through stability, I go north into a huge boost in armor for 1 extra point.

The difference:
-10 strength
-1% block with shields
-25% defense with shields
+52% armor
+3% runspeed
+0.5% health regeneration

I feel like that is a very worthwhile 1 point investment, but i'd consider myself a beginner when it comes to builds...especially with 1.3 as I'm just experiencing for the first time now.
Last edited by DeifyDeathblade on Jan 3, 2015, 6:58:52 PM
"
ibex wrote:
This build looks really fun, thoughts on running this build with a Kaom's + Staff

Found this bad boy and got really interested in a spell fire build.

I am glad to hear you like it :)

You can use a staff and a Kaom's, however much of the defence potential of the build lies in haaving a very high "armor" based shield, so you may want to reconsider that :)
"
Your 44 point build is as follows:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_FCAaPu8OfuJ5OenVns3SIfJBVw2CB9lh2XwZLhRxJ-0OPMT23788LUz_r2xo8vAfogDhc5o7gpvsOCcvkFUaOMAaZp5Y5cMTWiuj8g==

I was wondering if this 45 point build is more worth it?
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEADjwUIBRxGS4aOBo-Jy8n7SkuPC09_Ez_Vw1YY1jlWitfP2aeaPJ5OXy4fuKCB4KbjM-QVZo7ogCj8q9swBrDE8T2xtjSIdlh2Xzfv-Fz7DjvDvAf8azyQfZI

The change is southwest of the marauder start, instead of going further south through stability, I go north into a huge boost in armor for 1 extra point.

The difference:
-10 strength
-1% block with shields
-25% defense with shields
+52% armor
+3% runspeed
+0.5% health regeneration

I feel like that is a very worthwhile 1 point investment, but i'd consider myself a beginner when it comes to builds...especially with 1.3 as I'm just experiencing for the first time now.

That is definitely a viable way of going about it as well mate. The build defences relies on the power of a good shield, and if you get that one it will however scale better with "my version" compared to yours. But as I said yours is completely viable as well if you prefer :)
How do I get enough Int? I have spent some node on +30Int and Dex and still not enough. One of my necklaces is all 35int almost and still not enough for some high end items like wand. Please address this, thank you.
Love this build btw! I love to let the totem do my dirty work :)
"
TheSouthWind wrote:
How do I get enough Int? I have spent some node on +30Int and Dex and still not enough. One of my necklaces is all 35int almost and still not enough for some high end items like wand. Please address this, thank you.

Hey man!

You should try to get intelligence on amulets and rings. This was sufficient for me :)
Try experimenting with cwdt - frostwall- increase duration - temp chains?
@ southwind can u link ur gear and tree maybe i could help out?
"
TheSouthWind wrote:

Also, try to use a Sceptre instead of a Wand.
Sceptres require less intelligence.
hey, i love this bulid, just hit 80 lvl on bloodlines league.

my eq.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info