[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

“If freedom of [censored] is taken away, then [censored] and [censored] we may be led, like [censored] to the [censored].” - George Washington
OR, alternatively, you can go to his video and watch him spec the tree node by node. That's what I'm doing haha.
"
tzj2006 wrote:
Hey nice guide! Have you thought about using elemental equilibrium with an aoe spell such as ice Nova or freeze pulse supported by curse on hit and flammability?

Unfortunatly Flame Totem procs EE and makes the mobs resistant to fire. It works great with SB though :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"
Balhaar wrote:
At which level should I take Ancestral bond? Should I wait for a higher level or take it as soon as I can. Or do I have to have, for example, greater multiple projectiles before I spec this skill?

I would get Ancestral Bond as soon as you have either searing bond or flame totems running :)

Also having GMP or LMP along with faster casting is good before speccing into double flame totem :)
Nice guide I used it last season and it worked great. Just wanted to say that with the ignite buffs since 1.3 adding a fire trap to the build seems to work GREAT (even though its not needed cause we already do massive damage). I am still theory crafting on what the best links for fire trap would be. Think so far it would be fire trap, concentrated effect, fire pen, and Elemental Proliferation/Chance to ignite(Not sure which one yet). If someone has a different link setup that they would work better let me know. Well that's all for now. Thanks again for the great guide.

ReTank out :)
Last edited by Retank on Dec 16, 2014, 4:38:20 PM
This build is amazing. I'm flying through content and the other deaths I've had since I started using all the CWDT setup was from me tabbing out.

I've got low level gear, but at this point I'm not sure it matters. :D

The only issue I'm having is lack of intelligence and dex. I picked up a dex node but I plan on speccing out. What should I do about the int situation? I'm down 100 int from being able to use a wand. Should I get some 65 yellows and craft int on them?
Last edited by superjack010 on Dec 16, 2014, 5:56:06 PM
"
Retank wrote:
Nice guide I used it last season and it worked great. Just wanted to say that with the ignite buffs since 1.3 adding a fire trap to the build seems to work GREAT (even though its not needed cause we already do massive damage). I am still theory crafting on what the best links for fire trap would be. Think so far it would be fire trap, concentrated effect, fire pen, and Elemental Proliferation/Chance to ignite(Not sure which one yet). If someone has a different link setup that they would work better let me know. Well that's all for now. Thanks again for the great guide.

ReTank out :)

Awesome man, thank you for the feedback as well.

For fire trap I would go with: Fire Trap, Conc effect, Fire pen and elemental proliferation as you suggested yourself. Chance to ignite could potentially be better than conc effect if the goal is to make the targets take extra damage with celestial punishment :)
Made a variation of the build, opting entirely out of the shield nodes (10% more block is unlikely to save me) in order to get more raw health and quite a bit more damage.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAjM89_Fhjxtj2SF8_7w4UIGoeajvyLxo-0iGCB_JBrY3ZYVcNdqzPfsT2J-0ZLgn21HwGDjwtr2xM_2jyBLOiAPAfmjvhc4KbGjiQVScv7DjAGioTWOVmnloro_IsnBEtfIPN-riTMtFFR8Bmr7eHZRBYMjQEBx8COlhVxoPbtz7GrviTEMx7IP6H_grYvexVKo1JGzbY8WysmKZXOuHyRTWSTeP-j0bXcYV65mP9sULauQ48FHHZfPauLKdKxN-_1abtPFBH

Point usage is for lvl 80 and I consider it fairly done.
It has quite a bit more damage and 19% increase life over the original one.

IGN: HowDoIShotBows
Hi guys,

I have no idea about this drop

Does it help or hurt my build? .. So far that I see, no deaths and seems kills stuff fast.

My Gears
Spoiler

Thanks op, having the best time...

Andy
ps I'm working on sockets, and links, all self found except sheild.
Last edited by RGVsUrTexas on Dec 16, 2014, 9:22:19 PM
Hey, bro \o
Thank you for sharing this guide :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info