[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

Id wanna try a +3 Staff + Kaom's Heart + Empower lvl 4 (lvl 5 from the staff) for a lvl 28 totem.
I was* using a +3 Staff 5L(no empower yet, I'm broke!) But I actually gained ~30% more DPS switching to a blank 5L chest and a bit more using a 5L Lioneye's chest with Dual Apep's.

My +3 staff was pretty ghetto though, and could have had better stats(namely a nice big cast speed mod that was absent) And from what I can tell, even more than the added chaos, the 30% cast speed per Apep's is a big factor (swapping from staff to Apep's I go from .20 cast time to .12)

However FT's base scaling ramps up at 23+ and so a +3 with an Empower and perhaps a 21 FT gem Would probably be at least closer, if not Better assuming the Staff had a high cast speed and spell damage / added damage to spells Mods. But a Staff like that is certainly going to Blow right past the 1c 1alch I paid for 2x Apep this league (they're even high damage rolls with 29-30% So budget)
I have Apep's Rage Wand - would this rare be an upgrade thats worth 45 Chaos on hard Core?

98% Spell Damage
29% Fire Damage
37-82 Fire Damage to Spells
11% Cast Speed

I'm not sure how big of an upgrade it would be?
"There is friend who sticks closer than a brother"
-Samwise

IGN: Snowhammer
here is my setup after 2 seasons of playing this and testing various things :-

40k tooltip dps ( doesnt inc fire pen multiplier) also i can ignite enemies on cwdt molten shell and also searing bond procs ignite due to the anger gem adding fire damage to the degen effect, might also add culling strike to searing bond

i have like 7k hp 42% armour red and capped res , very tanky can do all map and all mods including double t15 bosses , atziri with ease and uber easily ( just too expensive to run)

just to add the life leech from totems is totally not worth it as i have 690 life regen and also tanky enough, also end charges i have never needed them so use the taunts on totems the tanky armour node and 35% inc damage against ignited enemies thanks to fireball/molten shell/searing with anger proccing ignite

now using
Last edited by Mindsmog on Jul 22, 2016, 2:31:14 PM
"
Mindsmog wrote:
here is my setup after 2 seasons of playing this and testing various things :-

40k tooltip dps ( doesnt inc fire pen multiplier) also i can ignite enemies on cwdt molten shell and also searing bond procs ignite due to the anger gem adding fire damage to the degen effect, might also add culling strike to searing bond

i have like 7k hp 42% armour red and capped res , very tanky can do all map and all mods including double t15 bosses , atziri with ease and uber easily ( just too expensive to run)

just to add the life leech from totems is totally not worth it as i have 690 life regen and also tanky enough, also end charges i have never needed them so use the taunts on totems the tanky armour node and 35% inc damage against ignited enemies thanks to fireball/molten shell/searing with anger proccing ignite

nice helm enchant, how does it compare to totem dmg?
wouldn't apep's rage be a better weapon choice?
Hi.
Nice build. It works fine so far for me.
There is a little confusion in this topic.
Inside the movie there is recomendation for: Tawhoa, Arohongui and Tukohama ascendancy points.
While in the topic itself Arohongui, Ngamahu, Ramako and Hinekora.
I understand there are 2 more points in second selection, but why Hinekora instead of Tukohama.
I know these are not any mandatory choices.
But still what is best choice?
Yes, I am using Molten Shell instead of Enduring Cry.

Kzaar.

...czyjesteśsławny?
...czyjesteśsławny?
Last edited by EliteKzaar on Jul 15, 2016, 10:53:51 AM
How is the unique jewel 'Rain of Splinters'?

It increases the number of projectile from 3 to 5, and the dps will drop by less than 10%.
In contrast, 'Clear Mind' is 'increase fire damage', so the actual damage is less than 10% more.
Last edited by vbvan on Jul 17, 2016, 10:24:22 PM
wish it was easier/cheaper to scale flame totem damage at endgame..

a lv 27 flame totem does more than double the dps of a lv 20 flame totem. a corrupted lv 21 flame totem, +2 fire/+1 gem staff, and a lv 4 empower is easily 20 ex+, at that point you may as well be going for a discharge build :\

Last edited by shadowfriend420 on Jul 15, 2016, 11:19:38 PM
I will try this build, but with sire of shards and kaom's heart? Anyone tested this setup?
Hi dude

In this post, your 6 links build is;
Flame Totem + Faster Casting + Fire Penet. + Elem. Focus + Faster Projectiles + Iron Will

But in the video, your 6 links build is;
Flame Totem + Faster Casting + Fire Penet. + Elem. Focus + Controlled Destruc. + Iron Will

Which is better? Mistake?

Maybe you explain it in your video but Im spanish, so i read much better than i hear :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info