[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

Hey man awesome build! I just wonder in what order is best to use the ascendancy points.
TYVM Golgeddon for a very precise answer (your link works fine) and thanks once again to Liftingnerd for such a nice build.
Hi, first of all, nice guide. I have always wanted to try out a flame totem build and this works nicely.

This is my first character in this league and i have accumulated some wealth so cheap upgrades are not really an issue. My goal this league is to be able to clear pale council and uber Izaro. Have a couple of questions.

1. I am using a Devoto's Devotion and generally armor based armor, using infernal mantle felt weird. Lioneye's Vision looks like a good choice as it offers life, armor and some dps. Is it a good tradeoff?

2. I am dual-wielding 2 decent wands (about 50+% spell dmg, some fire% dmg, cast speed and +fire dmg on each), should i swap to shield as recommended in the guide?

3. My tooltip flame totem dps is 10k, i am using 4L and have yet to get a 5/6L as i can't decide if i want to continue using infernal mantle. What is a good tooltip dps to aim for? if i swap to Lioneye's Vision and Shield, will my dps become too low to be effective?

4. I run Blasphemy + Flammability + Increased AoE to help boost dps but it feels like i'm always too close to mobs, should i drop it and just run around more often while waiting for things to die? How does fire penetration interact with flammability? Is it redundant to run both?

5. Any thoughts on culling strike as the 5th or 6th gem?

Unable to link my stuff as i am not from the global server.

Thanks!
Last edited by KelongSalty on Jul 1, 2016, 5:01:31 AM
I think remorse helps survivability ALOT. I followed this build long ago and still have my original character. I used to dual wield but after changing to shield I didn't die.
You can corrupt your flame totem to 21. That helps at least to offset dps drop from no longer dual wielding and there is always a chance to find a better wand. :)

I never tried lioneye vision so can't speak to it. Maybe someone else has? This build has been around and popular for awhile now.
Censored.
Last edited by kolyaboo on Jul 1, 2016, 7:59:47 PM
good!
Hi everyone,

My Current build of the character in Prophecy (tried one build at the end of Perandus and liked it), I'd appreciate comments on equipment, etc

DPS is 37,739 per totem.

I'm running Flame Totem, Faster Casting, Fire Penetration, Controlled Destruction, Elemental Focus and Iron Will.

Would like, Flame Totem, Faster Casting, Fire Penetration, Controlled Destruction, Elemental Focus and Faster Projectiles. I've got level 7 Vorici, and about 1000 chroms, do you think its worth trying for, or just live with it?

Thanks,

Using "Essence Worm" unset ring with an "Anger" gem gives an extra 3.5k dps.
Thanks Wolooooooo.
Does make getting all resistances to max a little hard though.
"
orac0 wrote:
Hi everyone,

My Current build of the character in Prophecy (tried one build at the end of Perandus and liked it), I'd appreciate comments on equipment, etc

DPS is 37,739 per totem.

I'm running Flame Totem, Faster Casting, Fire Penetration, Controlled Destruction, Elemental Focus and Iron Will.

Would like, Flame Totem, Faster Casting, Fire Penetration, Controlled Destruction, Elemental Focus and Faster Projectiles. I've got level 7 Vorici, and about 1000 chroms, do you think its worth trying for, or just live with it?

Thanks,

What are your ascendancy nodes?
Just an FYI... Elemental focus would be really bad if you're running Ramako, Sun's Light.
Just an FYI... Elemental focus would be really bad if you're running Ramako, Sun's Light.

Why is that?, not clever enough to work it out on my own.
And what would be a good replacement for Elemental focus in a 6 piece? Please keep it a blue gem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info