Why red outline ?!

Hi !

Do you think it's really necessary to have this red outline when the player aim a mob ?

I mean just change the aspect of the cursor when the player aim isn't enough ?
Or maybe just reduce the thickness.

I don't know. When I watched the walktrough it feel weird : http://g4tv.com/videos/48432/Path-of-Exile-Video-Walkthrough/?quality=hd

What do you think about that ?
Last bumped on May 21, 2012, 8:12:13 AM
I agree, I don't mind an outline—it may help when you're focusing down one particular enemy in a mob—but I think it's too thick/fuzzy (judging by the G4 video).
I think it's exactly the same color of the blood too, but I can only tell if it will be bother me when I play it for a while.
rwed outline doesnt bother me, better than the usual text over the mobs head.it reminds me of another game form a long time ago, now what was that called?.............:p
proud member of clanDA
We're still tweaking its thickness/colour, but we are very happy with how it helps target selection.

I suspect the compression on the video probably makes it look worse. I'll try to include a high resolution screenshot of it in the next batch of screenshots.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
I don't mind the outline could prove to be quite helpful when dealing with alot of baddies in a small area especially if there will be multiples bosses in single encounters for strategical purposes. Though maybe an option to toggle the feature would be cool for those that don't prefer it.
"Do or do not, there is no try" -Yoda
I agree, it will be nice if the player can choose to use it or not.
ops are always nice to have.having it as a toggle would be good,having several color options would be great *+green,white,yellow*
outlines have never bothered me in any game so i guess this is one of those non issue things for me
I always play without red outline, so if I see it, it bother me...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info