Shavronne owners getting low life makes no sense and is immersion breaking

"
Skizo wrote:
Time to change the shavs mechanic?

"Chaos damage does not bypass energy shield" to

"Chaos damage does not bypass energy shield and chaos resist is always -100%"

Or what if... chaos damage didn't bypass energy shield? I've always wondered why this one specific damage type was capable of going through energy shield. I can understand during the conception of the element that GGG were probably trying to give chaos damage unique properties. But honestly, with the state of the game as is, it might be time to reconsider this. It would be a huge balance change though, I don't know enough about the game I think to even say whether or not this would be a good idea.

The best builds are low life because of pain atunement (which generally leads to easy righteous fire thanks to much easier to get purity of fire aura), blood rage, and/or the additional auras. Until mechanics are introduced that can rival the bonuses from those (very doubtful it'll happen) or the unique shavs property is made more accessible on something other than a crappy unique (Solaris Lorica), nothing will change and Shavs will probably always be OP and BiS for unique chest armors in the game; at least for SC.

I do think that Shavs is genuinely the most overpowered item in the game right now 100% for SC. The strongest builds use it and there are not many builds I can think of where putting it on low life with a shavs won't make it better; excluding of course full life builds (which just aren't as good as shavs builds obviously). The auras, at a minimum, are just too good.

For HC it's supposedly balanced because many people who use it die in HC with it (or at least used to). But balance between both leagues is fairly important.
I think just making it
"Chaos damage does not bypass energy shield"
"You are always considered at full life" would be enough.
It would still provide a nice boost through multiple auras on life, but would not be as gamebraking.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info