[1.3.1] CRIT Flaming Pulse 48.7K GMP TOOLTIP ANTI-REFLECT *NEW VIDEOS*

YEAH... awesome job, man!

Could you create a leveling tree?

Is there a viable alternative wand to replace the very expensive Void Battery?

"
LeoTristao wrote:
YEAH... awesome job, man!

Could you create a leveling tree?

Is there a viable alternative wand to replace the very expensive Void Battery?

something like this

but with more spell power
Testing this build out atm, it's too bad void batteries are ridiculously expensive, so I'm going to let that one go.

I'm currently trying Three Dragons as the helm piece, it's working out fine for me atm given that I am only in Cruel, I was wondering if you've tested this out yourself. I know that CC like freeze is valuable but I think the shock/ignite combo is also pretty sick. It'd be nice if I could get some feedback from someone in endgame with this build.
Why cold to fire?
"
pedro2907 wrote:
Why cold to fire?

^

Using a 2000 damage spell as example, comparing Lvl 16 cold2fire w/ lvl 16 cold pen support:
(+25% added damage and -31% cold resistance respectively)

Only time cold2fire does more damage is against monsters with high cold resistance but little fire resistance.

Big disadvantage not seen is that the whole point of using cold damage is to freeze, which you won't be doing as much dealing half of the spell's cold damage without penetrating resistance.

Props for trying something different though.

Equations used:
Spoiler

Damage = 2000
Cold2Fire = 2000 + 0.25*2000 = 2500

Original = Damage * (1 - ColdRes/100)
Cold Pen = Damage * (1 - (ColdRes - 31)/100)
Cold2Fire = (Damage/2 + Damage/4) * (1-(FireRes)/100) + (Damage/2) * (1-(ColdRes)/100)

/nerd patrol out
"
icemltr wrote:
"
pedro2907 wrote:
Why cold to fire?

^

Using a 2000 damage spell as example, comparing Lvl 16 cold2fire w/ lvl 16 cold pen support:
(+25% added damage and -31% cold resistance respectively)

Only time cold2fire does more damage is against monsters with high cold resistance but little fire resistance.

Big disadvantage not seen is that the whole point of using cold damage is to freeze, which you won't be doing as much dealing half of the spell's cold damage without penetrating resistance.

Props for trying something different though.

Equations used:
Spoiler

Damage = 2000
Cold2Fire = 2000 + 0.25*2000 = 2500

Original = Damage * (1 - ColdRes/100)
Cold Pen = Damage * (1 - (ColdRes - 31)/100)
Cold2Fire = (Damage/2 + Damage/4) * (1-(FireRes)/100) + (Damage/2) * (1-(ColdRes)/100)

/nerd patrol out

I don't think the point was for him to get more damage from cold to fire, he is using it IMO for a defensive mechanism because he is running arctic armour so having half of his damage converted to fire mitigates a lot of reflectable damage so that he can treat reflect as a joke
75, double vaal sceptre here i come!
Last edited by Pjey on Sep 23, 2014, 4:11:54 AM
ok, i have a question: If you had unlimited resources, what would be the perfect gear? Would you go low life with shavs? How would you go about the tree if did go low life?
Can you make this build work without Cloak of Defiance. Instead you would use a 6L Carnal Armour ? (or Saintly Chainmail)
Hi,

When leveling, what was the order of keystones you went for

Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info