Is it possible at higher difficulties.

To actually tank in this game? Once I'm done with the acts (my first time through since the act was released in beta) I plan to create a more tank-like Scion as my main character. However, but from what I'm reading from the wiki and what I've seen on streams you don't really "tank" in this game at higher difficulties. But, can you make it work with a Scion since she can hit some good defensive nodes fairly early, as well as dual wielding to gain block.
Last edited by Ormagoeden on Sep 10, 2014, 3:29:42 PM
"
Ormagoeden wrote:

That video is "outdated".
"
jasonbecker wrote:
"
Ormagoeden wrote:

Why the " ? Do those gems not work that way any more or something?
Yes very much so you can "tank" in this game ( in fact no matter how good you are at some point you will be forced to )

You need a very high hitpoint pool , very good way to repenish said life pool ASAP and if posible chaning flaks to gain over maxed out defencive stats .

Goodluck !
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
It's not possible to tank in this game because the only "taunt" that exists is on a 5 second cooldown, there is no threat tables or high threat abilities.

It is possible to BE tanky though
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
What's with all this tank stuff anyway?

Ready to roll out!
IGN: SplitEpimorphism
"
jasonbecker wrote:
"
Ormagoeden wrote:

Nothing about that build has gotten worse. It has only gotten better since then actually.

@OP Everything in the game can be tanked, no exceptions. This build is an example of the most expensive and one of the most powerful tanks http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781590/page/1

Getting to that point is not easy and the tankiest builds sacrifice a huge amount of potential damage. There is many forms of damage mitigation in the game and most endgame builds use at least a few.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info