Cobras in Act 2 still cause damage with CI on?

I decided to try CI on my cold witch. On merciless, act 2, the cobras who deal chaos damage still cause it. The only difference is that now it takes 1/3 of my ES instead of life. Now i am talking about normal white mobs, not special with elemental damage added.

Now, can somebody share his thoughts about that. I suppose it is working as intended, however i fail to see "immune to chaos damage" being translated to "damage is taken instead of your ES". Kind of not really though out good if this is the case.
Half of their damage is physical
Are all Chaos dealing mobs in the game dealing 50% chaos and 50% physical?
No some like the poison bombers are Chaos/Fire, also I don't think there are any pure Chaos damage mobs currently.
Beyond_Bow_BobMKIII Level 80 Tornado Shot Scion
Well viper strike DoT is pure chaos I think, also you can stand in clouds made with poison arrow(arrows themselves are also part phys).
It's a chaos projectile. Which is why if you can evade/block it you will take no damage from it. You are immune to the Chaos damage aspect of the projectile but still vulnerable to the physical or other elemental aspects of it.

The bears in the cave in act 2 on the way to the pyramid have a chaos aura that you will be completely immune to. As well as any poison arrow clouds that you walk through. From what I have experienced everything else has some other form of damage attached to it. I think this is well designed personally as it makes you not just ignore those mobs since they can still damage you and possibly kill you with their second form of damage since you are immune to what really makes them dangerous.

BTW you can avoid/evade and block those projectile attacks and take no chaos damage or physical damage if you don't have CI.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36608
FAQ made through many hours of enduring global chat in Normal

Thank you for the thoughtful answers! Nontheless from what i gather pure elemental witch/or CI one is unfortunately very underpowered after the nerf. Was hoping that is not the case.
Well, time to roll ranger with lighting arrow....
Honestly, I notice no different between my Witch with CI and my shadow on how hard these hit. Witch with 2% physical damage reduction using CI takes ~50 damage per hit while shadow with only %12 physical damage reduction (removed his armor and shield) and 0% chaos resist seems to take similar damage.

If 50% damage was chaos, wouldn't that be blocked? I am thinking for some reason the chaos is converted to physical if you have CI for these kind of attacks. I die REALLY quickly against anything using chaos damage type attacks. I don't think this really should be happening due to the 100% chaos resist unless it is due to the very low armor which seems silly.

CI is way broken and has very little survivibility. I understand it was way OP before but even now it's not really useful.

Btw, my witch took all of the new shield nodes behind CI which give her only 388 ES at lvl 29. Granted, I don't have great gear atm but I am still on normal too.
"
Stormer81 wrote:
Thank you for the thoughtful answers! Nontheless from what i gather pure elemental witch/or CI one is unfortunately very underpowered after the nerf. Was hoping that is not the case.

You'll get bored of it real fast.
IGN: Mibuwolf
"
mibuwolf wrote:
"
Stormer81 wrote:

You'll get bored of it real fast.

QFT

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info