Things that ruined this game for me

I have heard so many stories about how nice POE community is. But it is just bullshit, comunity is same as LOLs. Several times I partied to kill vaal, but someone slips to the top and do it on his own, while you can't fight your way through because you are not that strong.

Shared loot is extremely bad, so many times I see my name on the item, click it but can't reach it because some small rock is there, that I can't even see, or my ping is higher... When something drops combat stops, everyone pile up to an item, all it matters is picking it.

So many times communication in a party is non existent, and is basically this: "tp? whose tp? wtf? player has left the party"

DCs are insane, and can ruin half an hour of your play when you don't find a waypoint.

Just wanted to share my negative opinion on the game.
"
I have heard so many stories about how nice POE community is. But it is just bullshit, comunity is same as LOLs. Several times I partied to kill vaal, but someone slips to the top and do it on his own, while you can't fight your way through because you are not that strong.

Shared loot is extremely bad, so many times I see my name on the item, click it but can't reach it because some small rock is there, that I can't even see, or my ping is higher... When something drops combat stops, everyone pile up to an item, all it matters is picking it.

So many times communication in a party is non existent, and is basically this: "tp? whose tp? wtf? player has left the party"

DCs are insane, and can ruin half an hour of your play when you don't find a waypoint.

Just wanted to share my negative opinion on the game.

Yeah... The community WAS nice (back in CBT)... Now they're overshadowed by the droves of people joining after OB.
Agree. About a year ago it was more like: "hi mate". In about a year it will be "die of cancer" :)
"
The PoE community is indeed horrible. Too many elitist pricks.

we are just tired to read for the millionth time

"i can't do damage!!! ITS A BUG FIXXXXXX PLZZZZ"

GGG comes in: "did you use the Dual Totem Key-Passive?"

"oh yeah sorry"

God damn it people at least Read what you put your points in...

I for one can't blame people for getting pissed off.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
The community is still doing fine all things considered. As for the game, well, everyones entitled to their opinion, but its kinda shitty that yours was influenced so heavily by bad party experiences, and all the server woes as of late.

To be fair though, the servers have improved considerably in the time since Launch.
GGG - Why you no?
"

If you don't have anything nice or helpful to say ignore the posts. It's pretty simple. No need to chime in with smart-ass remarks that only make you look like a dick. It really only takes one asshole to make the whole group look bad.

you dont say...
~SotW HC Guild~

if you open a party because you're looking for help just let 2-3 players join and lock the party as private so no new players can join.

as party leader you define the rules, you can state the party as "free for all" or "named loot to the player whos name was on it". if people don't behave, short warning in party chat, next escalation is just kick them from the party.

same applies to people using your party for boss runs or people fail to communicate properly ==> kick or ignore them.

if somebody really pisses you off: add him as a friend, lookup his accout name from the social tab, note it down for further actions and unfriend him in the social tab.
if there were insults you want to forward to a mod make a screenshot with F8.

if you meet nice people who you want to play, add them as a friend to recognize them later on in parties or for asking for party play invitations.

@Sneakypaw: not helpful at all
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
D3 1.0.7 is released today i think, might try that out, but I really enjoy PoE, it is just very unfinished, I know ITS BETA< ITS BETA I get all the time.

Things that need to be addressed is

Loot in party, is horrible i mean horrible, I seen orbs of fusing, alch and regret orbs fall into the hand of someone else when my name was on it, because, i was fighting the fight and not breaking away to pick up the orbs.

D3 has it right when it comes to party loot, just have the loot you can pick up on your screen that no one else can see.

Chaos damage is broken

The whole point of a huge/crossover skill tree is that you SHOULD be able to play what you want to play like and be successful, Vs must have passives and skills, that is what D3 was like you had to have this and that.

However, PoE normal mode you can do what you want its the other difficulties that hinder the power of choice.
"
The PoE community is indeed horrible. Too many elitist pricks.

"

If you don't have anything nice or helpful to say ignore the posts. It's pretty simple. No need to chime in with smart-ass remarks that only make you look like a dick. It really only takes one asshole to make the whole group look bad.

Oh well sorry about that, I see that you know what you are talking about. :P
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Every gaming community has bad apples...even PoE.

If you don't like FFA loot, there are lots of public games that have "no ninja". You should probably join one of them some time.

About the disconnects: Personally, for me, they haven't been that bad. The game is in open beta and a free one at that, so there will be droves of new players trying the game out so their servers are getting rocked; which is why they are still increasing their servers/databases like they did in the last patch.
Standard shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/911509

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info