Waypoints, and why they should be avoided in hardcore!

So apparently, when you take a waypoint to a zone there is a chance(maybe a bug?) that monsters can spawn directly or indirectly next to it.

Happened to take one the other night to help a friend in cruel, loading took longer than normal. When my character finally zoned in he was under 10% health because Black Death and her group had been placed in that same room.

I was escared. I panicked and ate every flask(even mana) as fast as I could. Then ran away like a little girl even though my character out levels the zone.
you got trolled?

although there may have been a mob close to the Wp that happened to agro you. and that indeed was a zoning bug. I get it all the time. But i play SC at the moment. Because. this is beta and if i just die to some random thing out of my control. I might as well be in softcore where it doesnt matter.
Smoother than Smooth.
Last edited by Moist on Feb 5, 2013, 11:12:02 AM
I don't think that happens everywhere, but I do know that it can happen in CoS level 2 with the black death pack. I found the waypoint once next to them.

Perhaps something GGG should like into?
-Generic forum signature here-
As it is now, its possible to have such instance loading times - even with a fast pc - that monsters near the waypoint can aggro at you while you are still in transition (died to this in chambers of sins)

I'm not sure if its possible to 100% solve this by improving the loading, so I'd say the only really imaginable solution is to make it that you're loading safetiness timer (that some seconds of invulerability) start to run just when you first move (or use a key) - and not earlier: as long as you avoid to interact while loading, you'd be really safe to this.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
For those of you who have had this problem, have you ever had it in solo, or is it always in shared instances (i.e., where the mobs have been moved off of their fixed starting positions by others and/or by you in a previous visit)?
"
Tindraa wrote:
For those of you who have had this problem, have you ever had it in solo, or is it always in shared instances (i.e., where the mobs have been moved off of their fixed starting positions by others and/or by you in a previous visit)?

Yes, as I described in my first post.
Although I was grouped, the zone had not been visited at all. I know this because I always create new instances prior to visiting when doing something like this.
Last edited by Nituvious on Feb 5, 2013, 3:30:53 PM
"
Nituvious wrote:

Yes, as I described in my first post.
Although I was grouped, the zone had not been visited at all. I know this because I always create new instances prior to visiting when doing something like this.

While I accept your description now, you did not describe that in your first post, that I can tell ;-)
This happened when a friend and I entered the City of Sarn area after Vaal. We loaded in and there was a group of monsters already right next to us, attacking. Unrelated to waypoints though.
Last edited by MrEnzyme on Feb 5, 2013, 5:44:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info