2.0 Universal Shadow crit CI flicker strike build - Flicker is not dead!!!

Alright, thank you!
I am playing this build as my first char ever. It's really fun, bit hard but I am getting the hang of it xd. But can you gife un update about the gear that you are whearing?

"
Sanctuse wrote:
I am playing this build as my first char ever. It's really fun, bit hard but I am getting the hang of it xd. But can you gife un update about the gear that you are whearing?

I've been doing this as well. Started last weekend, first char in PoE.

There are some key gems and gear that make this build worthwhile early on.
Aside from the obvious Flicker Strike, Blood Rage is the thing that really enables this build. You can get it in Act 1/Cruel, which is still somewhat early in character progression.
Before having that, I'd suggest taking something like Dual or Double Strike for DPS, and just use Flicker as a movement skill.

The next most important gem is Multistrike. 3 attacks per flicker means even with crap gear you can probably kill something to refund the Frenzy charge you used. These aren't available as a quest reward until A3/Merciless, but I've seen lots of them in the range of 5 alts - 1chaos, so I'd suggest trading for one.

Once you start flickering, defenses become slightly less important, because you'll be avoiding a lot of hits just by moving around the screen.
I found the best upgrade was always my weapon. You want a dagger with +physical damage AND %physical damage increased. Most other weapon stats are moot at this point, so even a blue that's on par with your level could work. At level 35, Mightflay:http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Mightflay is as good as you'll get until level 60 or so. Definitely worth a chaos or 2 as a leveling item.

Past that, don't forget that until level 60 or so, you don't want Chaos Innoculation / Ghost reaver. Instead, you should grab some life nodes (there's a cluster right by shadow start that give a nice chunk). Once you have the gear to support CI, you can use your respec points to spec out of life, and go straight ES.

Hope that helps. :)
in the process of making this build

BOOMbastik_RUS mind updating the initial post when you have time? i have seen your latest video and read the last few pages and it seems you're using lightning strike instead of frenzy and phys to light instead of IcD

Another item worth snagging early is the crest of perandus. That and the mightflay in unison take care of a lot the damage/health issues especially early on. Grab a pair of blood dance boots and the mind drinker passive to refund your mana and you can fly through the levels. I didn't worry about resists until merciless really.
Update with gear. And a atempt on makit it more mf. not 100% mf, as i still need to survive.
Spoiler

Easy lvl 75 maps. Still need to colour my armor though. all those reds is a bit problematic. But works with added cold also. Any thoughts ?

im lvl 78 now.
Last edited by mortenaa on Jan 28, 2015, 5:54:23 AM
UBER VIABLE???

---------------------- edit ----------------------

allright i just checked the tread, op's answer was "now hard /w the blocknerf 1.3" sry for premature posting xD

---------------------- edit 2 --------------------

but honestly... i think it should be doable /w Ondars guile np 90-95% evade... i might try and report u guys =)

gl hf
Last edited by afclegendz on Jan 28, 2015, 10:19:33 AM
Lvl 63 at the moment and getting owned... Hard.

This is my gear:

Spoiler

(disregard gems in mask, I use it on another char)

I know the gear is far from optimal, but since the level requirements are so high for most stuff, I don't really have much choice, most of the stuff I want to use is lvl 68+.

I have 2.3k energy shield at the moment, I haven't left The Ledge ever since I started merciless simply because I die too easily anywhere else.

I have an idea of the gear I want to use after I reach level 75, the hard part right now is not dying so much that grinding makes as much sense as hitting your head against concrete.

So... To make things simple, I would like two answers for two questions:

1. What should I change/buy in my currenct noob gear so levelling to 75 is not such an excruciating task?

2. I would like to know if there is any problem with using the following uniques for this build:

Doryani's physical
Atziri's Splendour (probably with 3 red sockets and not 4)
Mark of the doubting (can't afford Bino's yet)

Overall... I would like some general advice on this build and what I should do at the moment, I have done an extremely newbie-friendly build that can't do Atziri and now I want to do this one as my main character... If I don't go insane farming The Ledge all the way to lvl 75.
is this build hc viable ?
"
zeronevercry wrote:
in the process of making this build

BOOMbastik_RUS mind updating the initial post when you have time? i have seen your latest video and read the last few pages and it seems you're using lightning strike instead of frenzy and phys to light instead of IcD

Yes, I have experimented with gems and can conclude:

1) phys to light is A MUST if you do not have Acuilty gloves - you do not afraid of Phys reflect anymore)
2) LS give you little less DPS comparing to Frenzy, but i like it better due to range, longer shock and overall look :D

I'm going to update the guide this week (so many damn work, so I'll probably do it only next weekend). Sorry for making you wait for such a long, guys((

"
LukeFerreira wrote:
Lvl 63 at the moment and getting owned... Hard.

This is my gear:

Spoiler

(disregard gems in mask, I use it on another char)

I know the gear is far from optimal, but since the level requirements are so high for most stuff, I don't really have much choice, most of the stuff I want to use is lvl 68+.

I have 2.3k energy shield at the moment, I haven't left The Ledge ever since I started merciless simply because I die too easily anywhere else.

I have an idea of the gear I want to use after I reach level 75, the hard part right now is not dying so much that grinding makes as much sense as hitting your head against concrete.

So... To make things simple, I would like two answers for two questions:

1. What should I change/buy in my currenct noob gear so levelling to 75 is not such an excruciating task?

2. I would like to know if there is any problem with using the following uniques for this build:

Doryani's physical
Atziri's Splendour (probably with 3 red sockets and not 4)
Mark of the doubting (can't afford Bino's yet)

Overall... I would like some general advice on this build and what I should do at the moment, I have done an extremely newbie-friendly build that can't do Atziri and now I want to do this one as my main character... If I don't go insane farming The Ledge all the way to lvl 75.

Your gear is not bad, but what can I say:

1) You have low evason - try to find Eva/ES chest or use Grace aura.
2) You definitely need better ES shield - i have 70% of my ES coming from shield with my tree...
3) Your resists should be 75

As for the gear you ask abour - Doryani belt is good, Atziri's Splendour is possible (ES version). As for Mark of the doubting knight - it's a piece of junk (IMHO) - just buy any good rare dagger (even with hight flat physical damage w/o IAS mod)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info