[1.3] GROUND SLAM by PUTINUS_PRIME [90 lvl]

This is my plan for my respec, once I get ahold of a 6L marohi.

Will be running GS+BM+Conc effect+faster attacks+MS+Melee phys.

I will lose leech from my gloves and amulet to obtain 6-8% LL.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Currently leveling with this build and it works great. I did get both the unique hammers along with a Marohi Erqi waiting and can testify to their usefulness.

Something that I didn't even know existed until seeing newer quest rewards that may work well with this build is Endurance Charge on Melee Stun. Extremely easy to upkeep and could be a pretty decent boost to survival. It's worked pretty well so far and I encourage anyone finding defense an issue to give it a try.

Edit: After leveling the gem I see that it also gains 1% bonus chance to stun per level, which fits nicely in the explained theme of perma stunning stuff.

Cheers! :D
Last edited by MohawksareOP on Nov 19, 2014, 11:27:12 PM
hi guys. Ive been out of poe for a year . have a groundslammer and now found out huge changes. I would like ur help to make my char better.

My stuff:
Spoiler

Also my gems are exactly as you can see them. What do you suggest to change?
also my tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecCcQSzBS0Jlg4UDjwUIBRNFFIUcRT2GJEZ6Ro4GlUhNCcgJy8n7TGeMok0jjWSNug26TrhOzs8BTwtPfxN41BHUeZW2VfiWGNZ818_YEtgkWDEYSFko2VNZp5p_mvZbBZyqXTtd1N673zZgziDsYTZhO-GO4cZh2qMz5BVkGyexZ_Ln9-iAKSsplenMKeEqBipaKmUrKq0L7c-vJ_AGsEExPbGrsbYy0PYvd7B37_jauOf6hjrCew47w7vfPIv8kX2SPcy-Ov60vxL_gr-j__T

lvl 87

life: 6152 hp
offence: strength 608 intel 130 dext 110
Ground slam dps 22025
att per sec 4.9
life leech 12%

defence
armor 3963
life regen 282hp/sec
resist: fire 64%
cold 64%
light 75

I was thinking getting 6l maroqi to remove 2 area radius nodes for conc effect and remove blood node and play with mana leech+auras. I have 12+4+4 in radius but -30% of concetrated effect is too much leaving me with 10% of area of effect (for groundslam) behind.

Please help me reenter the game :)
Last edited by ntreik on Nov 21, 2014, 4:52:25 PM
UPDATED TO 1.3

HP 7,2K NOW 7,1K
PHYSICAL REDUCTION 19% NOW 23%
STR. 468 NOW 518
LIFE REG. 332,4 NOW 346,4

DPS 26K NOW 26,7K
ATTACK TIME 0,30s. NOW 0,27s.
MANA COST 85 NOW 68
STUN THRESHOLD 10% NOW 25%
STUN DURATION 142% NOW 110%
What did you choose for bandit rewards?
Why are you not using Crit? I've never made a ground slam char, but based on every other character I've ever played, crit versions are far superior. Couldn't you just boost your attack rating a bit and then use Crit items and skill nodes on the tree?
A 56 hour in review of of Ground slam by Putinus_Prime in Bloodlines.

I followed this build with my own small changes during my stay back home. (As I was only able to play POE for 2 weeks I needed a quick safe build). My experience with groundslam builds are that they are safe and easy to use.

I played the game after being gone for more then a year I guess, so lots of changes and I survived. (Char is still alive without any items in bloodlines)

STATS:

Level: 76
League: bloodlines
HP 3.8K
Armour: +/- 4-6K
PHYSICAL REDUCTION 40-50%
DPS 11K (Groundslam)/ 16k (heavy)
STUN DURATION 120%
Life leech: 10-12%
Mana leech: 2%
Ele: 76/75/75 %
Chaos : -31%

Passive
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecEswmWDc0UTRT2GJEaPhpVHM4hNCSLK1AyCTWSNug5DjqdOzs9Dz38QT9HfkrIUEdR5lW1WGNYr18_YSFko2VNaPJr2WxGbqpybHKpdO12f3asd1N4DXh6eu97jHzZfuCExITZhO-FUoY7h2qMz5d5nleexZ7Nn8uf36IApzCpJ6luqZStja9stC-18ryfvTa-p8BmwQTE9sbYz37Yvdlh5FHqGOsJ7w7vfPAf8i_2SPcy_Ev-VP_T

Comparison:
As you can see my HP and DPS are way lower then the main build this is due that I didnt have a 5L weapon to increase the dps else this would have reached at least 16K+ as I tested with a 5L armour. My Health points are lower due to the fact that I was now just getting some extra life nodes and my armour didnt have that much life in it. I think that around lvl 80+ I would have reached 5k/6k life. How ever my armour is way higher then the main build and thus my Physical reduction is higher. I did however notice that the Physical reduction didn't safe me a lot of damage. Enough times I reached the 200hp line. But with the 12% life leech this was filled back up in no time.

I used a second weapon for heavy strike to do some more conc. damage to bosses which on a 4L topped at 16k and on a 5L armour topped at 26k at this moment.

My opinion
A very decent build to start a league with, cause of safety. As I played safe for these last 50+ hours and helped a lot of people this build was perfect. It was useful to do maps cause of the stun duration where I kept the enemy at a distant while other people were safe to kill them with the Over powered mage builds ;). (Physical damage will rule the world some day)

I do recommend this build for beginners or as a league started to earn some value items. I earned around 10 exalts in items and value with this build, but due to lack of time I just gave my items away.

Closure
Thanks for the build guide and I had fun with the build.
Have a great day and hope new people to Path of exile will try out this nice physical build if they are not scared of facing monsters close by (Right mages) and rather have them do the work themselves instead of their minions (Right summoners)

Have a great day.
Damn Latency issues.
Might come back in a few seasons.
Last edited by Hirukaru on Jan 8, 2015, 10:20:40 AM
"
grymmd wrote:
What did you choose for bandit rewards?

NORMAL - HELP OAK
CRUEL - HELP OAK
MERCILESS - HELP OAK
"
VixTrader wrote:
Why are you not using Crit? I've never made a ground slam char, but based on every other character I've ever played, crit versions are far superior. Couldn't you just boost your attack rating a bit and then use Crit items and skill nodes on the tree?

I am not using crits.
Because i could easily kill myself on monsters with physical reflect (because of my low amount of armor) and i don't really need more dmg :) Beside i am happy when i have 100% chance to hit :D
Last edited by Mikserdokota on Jan 8, 2015, 3:58:21 PM
"
Mikserdokota wrote:
"
VixTrader wrote:

I am not using crits.
Because i could easily kill myself on monsters with physical reflect (because of my low amount of armor) and i don't really need more dmg :) Beside i am happy when i have 100% chance to hit :D

Confirming even with Higher amount of armor crit would do to much reflect damage. 100% chance + 100+% stun duration is good enough combination.
Damn Latency issues.
Might come back in a few seasons.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info