1.3 ✮ The Crit DoT Chin Sol build ✮ Puncture Trap / Ice Shot (Build of the Week S3E3)

Hey, I've been trying out your build and it's been really great just tearing through cruel right now. However there's something I've noticed and I'm not sure if it's just me being dumb or an actual bug. Basically it seems like we can not put down as many traps as we should be able to, there's enough passive to lay five and hovering over the icon has the tooltip say "Can set up to 5 traps" however the icon itself only shows three with the cooldown and that's all I can set. Is this right, a bug or am I just bad?

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out right after making the post. Can't build up more than 3 on the CD counter but can lay 5 if the first three don't pop. :I
Last edited by Jess_Yes on Sep 4, 2014, 4:08:25 AM
Thanks a lot for sharing this monstrosity of a build. Happily melting most maps with ease, without even having the recommended tree or the gear except Chin Sol and 3 dragons.

For the puncture setup, a poor man's 5L is the Deerstalker unique boots. Very handy and cheap.
Last edited by aplostra on Sep 4, 2014, 5:46:45 AM
good build
I'm Lord
NO.1 Standard Magic Finder
I've basically got the setup now, just trying to make the trap more reliably kill bosses. Unfortunatley i'm missing Q Gems and i'm only level 77 atm.
Any tips for me to improve (be it itemization or gameplay mechanics)?

I was considering rolling divines on my low Chin Sol/Belly/Doryanis. i'm working on getting q gems, and getting the colors right on my helm/boots but if you have any other tips, i'd greatly appriciate them.

For reference...

My current gear
Spoiler

My current tree
IGN: Standard League - Dark_Captain
Last edited by lDantonl on Sep 4, 2014, 9:48:31 AM
How about good crit quiver instead of drillneck? (crit damage / crit chance / wed )

And how about 400pdps harbinger instead of chin sol?
Very very nice build. I wonder how trap/poison arrow with chin sol would work out in a build similar to this one. I mean I don't think it would be as good as this setup is but I am curious what the aoe damage would look like compared to this build.
How about increased burning damage gem linked to either ice shot or ash of herald (i think cause of three dragons you would need to link it with ice shot(?))

Or have you tried this with lmp? im lvling this now and lmp just insta kills mobs, like a freaking shotgun :)
IGN Tontunkives
"
Juhku wrote:
How about increased burning damage gem linked to either ice shot or ash of herald (i think cause of three dragons you would need to link it with ice shot(?))

Or have you tried this with lmp? im lvling this now and lmp just insta kills mobs, like a freaking shotgun :)

I dont think lmp is needed it gets enough aoe with ele prolif..
If you're too poor for Rom.'s Ring. How about this?

------
Last edited by DerKobold16 on Sep 8, 2014, 9:19:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info