1.3 ✮ The Crit DoT Chin Sol build ✮ Puncture Trap / Ice Shot (Build of the Week S3E3)

with 100% uniq all 6L now i have like 22k dmg on ice shot

how much ill have if ill buy glyph mark ? some1 have this bow ? reply please
IGN: againtrap
I'm pushing about 45k DPS tooltip with hatred/HoA atm and having an atrocious time dealing with ele reflect. For those of you using this build at 90+ pushing absurd dps, what are you doing to deal with it?

It's quite literally impossible for me to level atm because I end up just killing myself offscreen before I can see an elemental reflect mob with 100% pierce chance.

Last edited by stomped on Sep 23, 2014, 2:43:02 PM
"
cutt wrote:
How's this build different to http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1027037 , apart from Tornado shot/Ice shot? What's the pros and cons between the two, if someone would be kind to explain?

Don't know what's better to choose for my Ranger...

This build derives its damage from burning proliferation and shock stacking using a unique combination of Herald of Ash, Ice Shot, and the unique effects of The Three Dragons mask. Puncture is also wrapped up inside of a trap for an additional damage multiplier. Chin Sol provides a further damage boost as traps qualify for the 'shotgun' unique effect.

The tornado shot spec just focuses on raw physical damage and crit chance with the biggest Harbinger bow you can find. You then spray and pray the area watching mobs explode on crits. Herald of Ash and Hatred are just used for some additional elemental damage, but are not central to the build in the same way as burning proliferation is to this build. There are no required uniques for this build, it's a pretty standard bow build that scales very well with rares and high quality uniques like Rat's Nest, Maligaro's Virtuosity, etc.
Last edited by xythian on Sep 23, 2014, 2:42:38 PM
stuff

and tree.

lvl84, working well so far, but my hp is really low (2.7k). that's posing me some problems, not with reflect, as i generally notice soon enough, but with huge hits from mobs : i tend to get oneshot quite often. any way i could get increase my hp?

"
blaes wrote:
stuff

and tree.

lvl84, working well so far, but my hp is really low (2.7k). that's posing me some problems, not with reflect, as i generally notice soon enough, but with huge hits from mobs : i tend to get oneshot quite often. any way i could get increase my hp?

You have pierce linked with your trap setup, wich is totally useless.
i thought it was a given wwith drillneck so i didnt even check...
thanks, that's gonna help with my puncture!
I have a few issues with this build that i hope someone can help with.

I really struggle with Mana. Because of the slow attack speed and single arrow shot, if I miss shots I run out of mana (and I miss alot due to the slow speed). I am always popping mana flasks which prevents me from moving to the suggested flasks. I only have 1% mana leech, but it was just as bad with 2%. I am doing about 14k sheet damage on Ice Shot.

I am also getting wrecked by spells. I have 1 more level to reach Phase Acrobatics, so I hope that helps me survive, but basically 1 spell puts me at near zero health and I have to hope I leech quickly to survive the next spell hit.

Here is my gear:

Spoiler

"
stomped wrote:
I'm pushing about 45k DPS tooltip with hatred/HoA atm and having an atrocious time dealing with ele reflect. For those of you using this build at 90+ pushing absurd dps, what are you doing to deal with it?

It's quite literally impossible for me to level atm because I end up just killing myself offscreen before I can see an elemental reflect mob with 100% pierce chance.

What does your gear look like?
"
xaeror35 wrote:
"
stomped wrote:

Spoiler
"
stomped wrote:
"
xaeror35 wrote:
"
stomped wrote:

Spoiler

How do you get 45k tooltip dps with that gear?

Last edited by Schizo87 on Sep 24, 2014, 2:15:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info