The Mathil Tornado/Puncture Spec - Cheap Uber Atziri Viable

Any mention of the flasks he uses?
This build is awesome but I am still having problems with reflect. What are the some work arounds for physical reflect? (Each time I nearly one shot myself. Got 25k on tornado and 50k on puncture)

And I am using cwdt - inc.dration - immortal call - enduring cry
"
TheSpectre wrote:
This build is awesome but I am still having problems with reflect. What are the some work arounds for physical reflect? (Each time I nearly one shot myself. Got 25k on tornado and 50k on puncture)

Be careful for reflect, it will completely gimp you. Options are:
Get more evasion so you can evade the reflect.
Remove inc crit damage gem when you see reflect mob.
Single target snipe the reflect rare with puncture
Run
"
TheSpectre wrote:

I normally just turn off hatred and run grace + ash instead. It lowers your dps by a bit but it still allows you to safely take care of phys reflect maps (while health potting when needed).

Added fire gem + ash will be sufficient to clear without killing yourself and the grace evasion helps obviously.
Last edited by Chepserino on Sep 22, 2014, 11:44:15 PM
Mathil, thanks! With your build/guide and watching the Atziri vid I finally killed her solo! Man, was awesome. Died twice to dual Vaal, which really surprised me. I screwed up and died and then ported in without auras, panicked and tried to turn them on while on the run. Stupid. Died again.

At that point was a little nervous I wouldn't make it. I thought I would breeze those two and I was more scared of the trio. But whattya know, I one shot the trio.

Got to Atziri and at about 50 percent got caught in a flameblast and died. Came back and took her all the way down. Was freaking fun!

Again, thanks for the guide and vids, couldn't have done it without that! The build worked great, couldn't ask for more.

Nice belt for my troubles.

Gear for reference (4,159 HP; 14,382 Tornado Shot; 32,182 Puncture):
Spoiler
Last edited by WraeclastianWine on Sep 23, 2014, 2:05:14 AM
Hey Mathil,

How do you feel about the choices for body armour? I've been playing around with the following:

Rare chest with hatred / herald. Easy res and life, but not much bonus defensively beyond more evasion.

Belly with hatred / herald. Good life boost, and some res.

Queen of the forest with hatred / grace. Nice life and res, and really nice evasion. Couldn't get the bonus MS without using grace though, but maybe its still worth it?

Lightning coil with hatred / herald / purity. Life and some good physical reduction for reflect, but makes gear choices harder and gives less evasion for acrobatics.

Interested to know which you think fits best with the build now the leagues have been going a while and items are more available.
IGN: Starlight_Seraphim
"
TheSpectre wrote:

I do warn everyone that as you keep striving for more and more damage reflect becomes a bigger problem. If you're really going to go for the big deeps and have a serious 400+ dps bow then your only real option is probably a lightning coil or running 5k+ life(or acuity gloves).

I've felt my 23k without charges tornado was more than enough for everything so I stopped trying to get more and at that point I was just barely comfortable with reflect. I could take care of phys reflect maps just fine if swapping to ice shot too.

If you keep going for dps beyond this point though the problem if really yours imo, lol. Like I said though, life, coil or acuity. That's the only advice I could give without having been in that dps range myself.

"
BARL wrote:
Mathil, thanks! With your build/guide and watching the Atziri vid I finally killed her solo! Man, was awesome.

Nice work man, it always feels great achieving it yourself through your own hard work. Well done.

"
Starlight85 wrote:
Hey Mathil,

How do you feel about the choices for body armour?

Well I thought about all my options and ended up deciding I wanted a high EV/res/life chest the most to fit the build. The extra EV really helps fill out what's needed for good near immune proj evasion without grace. Without it you're kinda at a 45-55% chance to evade proj which is is noticable.

Otherwise I'd probably be going with Belly but because we take Acro the chest gives damn near nothing besides a good life boost. I decided against it in the end.

Queen of the forest takes too much to make it somewhat decent because you just can't run all 3 auras together so you're stuck losing something to gain almost nothing in the end.

Coil is pretty clearly the best option if you can actually make it work but yea that takes quite a lot of investment in resists elsewhere which in turn makes every other piece of gear you wear far more expensive.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
Thank you Mathil for making those Uber Atziri videos and rekindling my love for this build. Because of them I managed to kill Uber Atziri myself for the first time.
...that sweet feeling when you go and try to 5L your brand new bow, and it gets six linked BEFORE ever appearing as five linked ...
is this bow good enough for end game or do i need a better one?
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info