Inventory System

I rather like having games where as you can carry as much items as you want but there is a weight limit. so as i thought add points to strength increase your weight capacity
ACE Member.
I me having a grid to display the amount of space you have makes sense, gaining bags like Neverwinter Nights made the inventory system very complex (especially with weight reduction bags!) but interesting, you had several levels of encumbrance and multi-square items! It is possibly the BEST system I have used to date in a semi-realistic sense, I only wish NWN had a combat system closer to diablo... it took too long to do things... I know that if PoE used the best ARPG system ideas of recent years they'd make something close to NWN 2 meets diablo 2, Titan Quest and Fallout: New Vegas (ACTION RPG!)... Perfection!
I love virtual brutality so save it for the Mobs...
Personally I like the idea of items having both - weight and volume -, because both are somewhat orthogonal limitation. On the other side, I dislike manual ordering in my square-based inventory. It is not a challenge but an annoyance. Maybe a system with global weight limit (forced by strength or so) and bags, which have its own volume limit and possible weight limit (like noone would transport a solid 5dm² block of lead in a cloth bag)
Unofficial Offline Skilltree Tool by Headhorr and me:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/19723

kenzen naru tamashii wa,
kenzen naru seishin to,
kenzen naru nikutai ni yadoru.
Maybe in magical cloth bag... I would?
in my opinion volume would be enuff..ok its not that realistic but what rpg is it ^^
but im a big fan of the diablo 1/2 style inventory ..
thats what i hate about diablo 3..these new WoW orientated style :)
so big plus to Path of Exile
Champions of Norrath and Return to arms on PS2, had such a large bag that you ran out of weight before volume until you got to a higher level, which makes sense to me, I would prefer a Titan Quest style inventory with weight as you can auto sort, have multiple bags and be able to carry a lot. The thing I loved about Neverwinter Nights was everything, except the slow pace, I think the more encumbered you are the slower you should move, it is grim and dark and the last thing on your mind should be treasure when survival would in reality be 95% of people's main focus in such a place.
"
cybrim wrote:
Champions of Norrath and Return to arms on PS2, had such a large bag that you ran out of weight before volume until you got to a higher level, which makes sense to me, I would prefer a Titan Quest style inventory with weight as you can auto sort, have multiple bags and be able to carry a lot. The thing I loved about Neverwinter Nights was everything, except the slow pace, I think the more encumbered you are the slower you should move, it is grim and dark and the last thing on your mind should be treasure when survival would in reality be 95% of people's main focus in such a place.

I loved Return to Arms...its how I got into this type of game in the first place ^_^
"...You know the difference between arrogance and confidence?

Confidence can back its shit up." -Charan
You're my bro dude, we are going to play this together! D&D Heroes on the xbox was decent (4 player automatically helped). You too bkboggy!
"
cybrim wrote:
You're my bro dude, we are going to play this together! D&D Heroes on the xbox was decent (4 player automatically helped). You too bkboggy!

lol sure :3
I do want to try that team PvP it sounds fun as hell :)
"...You know the difference between arrogance and confidence?

Confidence can back its shit up." -Charan
Woot gonna get Pwned!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info