August 3 Dev Diary - Planned PvP Features

PvP seems very well thought out and is quite frankly one of the things I'm most looking forward too. I like how 1v1 battles as well as team battles are implemented into the game along with a ladder system for ranking players. Looks great.
I was reading Dev Diary about PvP and then started searching forum, but there is nothing about PvP in HardCore mode, which to be honest is only interest of mine and my friends.

Is there that if in PvP your HC char dies it is dead for good planned?
Last edited by Fresh2000 on Aug 18, 2011, 2:22:33 PM
yeah, what is up with PvP on hardcore mode?
"
Suporex wrote:
yeah, what is up with PvP on hardcore mode?

My guess is, considering such modes as Cut Throat, and the nature of permadeath itself, is that it's likely hardcore PvP will result in permadeath. To me, it'd be more a question of an option for "friendly" duels that do not result in death.
Old Tom Bombadil is a merry fellow,
Bright blue his jacket is, and his boots are yellow.
None has ever caught him yet, for Tom, he is the master:
His songs are stronger songs, and his feet are faster.
Ok screw it. I'm tired fo trying to find the answer to link so i'll just tell you what i know.

Yes. There will be PvP. Yes. There will be hardcore mode. PvP will take place in league matches (cut-throat). If your playing hardcore your character will be removed from the league and all your items ,except what you have equipped, are dropped to the opposing player. If your not playing hardcore you will lose all your items, but death will not be permanent.

Yes. Hardcore players and softcore players will be separated.

Last edited by Phuture on Aug 18, 2011, 7:43:11 PM
I love that all-or-nothing approach. I don't really understand whether battle occurs in special locations or whether it's anywhere, anytime. Are there rules of engagement or common courtesy?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info